Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: "Snubnose" my build over the last year....  (Read 47036 times)

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
Re: "Snubnose" my build over the last year....
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
Awesome build and pics!

Thanks for sharing!

:thumb:

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2009, 01:05:02 PM »
Trac 0-6, I made a bracket for the bottle to the side so I could turn it on at the line.  (actually fatnFAST was wearing the knees out of his pants turning it on/off before so I HAD to do something.  He threatened to quit hanging out with me :D)  I'm actually running a factory ecu coupled with an SB6 and piggyback system.  (the standard MicroTech that comes with the Velocity Race kit)  I've run the Autronics, and honestly I believe with the ability to tune the factory ecu, and features of the SB6 I've got all I need.  I'm not saying the standalone systems aren't better, I can just tell you from my experiences the hp I've made with both, and I'm more than pleased with the hp and curve produced witht the setup I have now.  (fatnFAST) Mike can confirm that.  :D  I can honestly say, he's been down with me from day one, and was actually the person who talked me into going turbo.  Once I did, I never looked back.  I have him to thank, and say its all his fault at the same time.  :hys:  Here is a pic of the bracket for the arm (Mike's pants knees saver I should call it  :lol:)
thanks buddy  :D. turning that bottle on was killing me, one time i couldnt get back up so one of the track workers just rolled me to the side  :lol:

...big as you are i'd think you'd just lift the ass end of the bike up with one hand so you wouldn't have to bend down. :lol:
:hys:

Offline Coryonbusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2009, 08:33:18 PM »
WOW! Nice job on the subframe! :thumb:

You've got a lot of cool ideas! Thanks for sharing them!!!

Offline dragasixtyinchbusa

• Rider
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »
No problem...just some stuff thrown together with some Louisiana coonass engineering. lol
WOW! Nice job on the subframe! :thumb:

You've got a lot of cool ideas! Thanks for sharing them!!!
Keith Salles

Offline Competitive Edge Racing Cylinder Heads

• Mad Post Whore
  • We Makem Go-Fast!!!!
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »

:shock:     :shock:    :shock:    Nice................  :thumb:     :thumb:
Official Site Shop
New best 6.87 @ 193 MPH    

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2009, 08:48:11 PM »
That's an awesome ride you have Keith. Good job on the build. It's always great to accomplish something with your own two hands......and help from friends.  :thumb:

How far up and forward did you move the bodywork?
YEAH, IT'S STOCK. :trb:

• Rider
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2009, 10:10:08 PM »
Thanks.... All the bodywork is in the stock location.  I had a few local friends who helped with the build.  fatnFAST (Mike) was pretty much around everytime something was done, or changed. (which was alot, he can attest to that  :D)  I'm still in the process of making changes.  It seems like there is always something that can be done to make things cleaner, easier to get to, or changes in effort to go faster.  Thanks again.  :thumb:

That's an awesome ride you have Keith. Good job on the build. It's always great to accomplish something with your own two hands......and help from friends.  :thumb:

Keith Salles

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »
I hear you. It's nice to have friends that can help out. I guess it's deraked then, right? Just looking at the position of the front tire and the edge of the front fairing. It looks great! Where are you located?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:02:58 PM by Adrnlnjunky »

• Rider
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2009, 10:26:56 PM »
Yes...it has offset clamps.  I'm from Slidell, La.  15 miles north of New Orleans.  Mike (fatnFAST) said he would save the money and make his own custom "offset"  He said he didn't need to buy anything but maybe a few band-aids.  He said if he ran his bike into a tree, it would essntially do the same thing...pushing the front tire back.  I told him he better try it on an old bike first.  Well, his neighbor obliged and allow him to try on his priced possession, which happened to be a custom Yamaha. (as you can see, it's the Arthur Fonzarelli edition)  Things didn't work out to well for either of them as you can see from the pic he sent me.  :o

I hear you. It's nice to have friends that can help out. I guess it's deraked then, right? Just looking at the pusution of the front tire and the edge of the front fairing. It looks great! Where are you located?
Keith Salles

Offline ondre30

• Rider
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2009, 02:01:55 AM »
Good looking bike at 60 inches and I saw it on youtube and boy does it move.

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »
Yes...it has offset clamps.  I'm from Slidell, La.  15 miles north of New Orleans.  Mike (fatnFAST) said he would save the money and make his own custom "offset"  He said he didn't need to buy anything but maybe a few band-aids.  He said if he ran his bike into a tree, it would essntially do the same thing...pushing the front tire back.  I told him he better try it on an old bike first.  Well, his neighbor obliged and allow him to try on his priced possession, which happened to be a custom Yamaha. (as you can see, it's the Arthur Fonzarelli edition)  Things didn't work out to well for either of them as you can see from the pic he sent me.  :o

I hear you. It's nice to have friends that can help out. I guess it's deraked then, right? Just looking at the pusution of the front tire and the edge of the front fairing. It looks great! Where are you located?
that yamaha brings back some memorys  :lol: now if i could only find my white t-shirt an black leather jacket  :hys:

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2009, 10:38:47 AM »

I have some relatives that live outside of Baton Rouge. What track do you go to? May have to check it out next time I'm over that way.  :thumb:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2009, 10:38:57 AM »
Thanks.... All the bodywork is in the stock location.  I had a few local friends who helped with the build.  fatnFAST (Mike) was pretty much around everytime something was done, or changed. (which was alot, he can attest to that  :D)  I'm still in the process of making changes.  It seems like there is always something that can be done to make things cleaner, easier to get to, or changes in effort to go faster.  Thanks again.  :thumb:

yea i can attest to that, he cant leave that bike alone. everytime i see it he has changed something on it. i have never seen a cleaner bike in person though  :thumb:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2009, 10:40:25 AM »

I have some relatives that live outside of Baton Rouge. What track do you go to? May have to check it out next time I'm over that way.  :thumb:
last time out he went to state capital in baton rouge, they redid the track  :thumb:

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »

last time out he went to state capital in baton rouge, they redid the track  :thumb:

Cool. I may have to bring my Busa next time I visit. Is it an 1/8 or 1/4?

I would like to see your ride in person Keith. I know the pics don't do it full justice.

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »

I would like to see your ride in person Keith. I know the pics don't do it full justice.
1/4 they have a website  :thumb:

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2009, 10:49:03 AM »
Thanks Mike. I'll check them out. I only have an 1/8 track here. Closest 1/4 is about 4 hours.

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2009, 11:00:45 AM »
no problem, come on down it will be a great time  :thumb:

• Rider
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2009, 12:23:56 PM »
Sounds good....come hang out.  It's always nice to meet different friends at the track...especially when we share the same interests.  :thumb:  I'm considering entering the bike in all the local races, long and short due to grudge racing being mostly dead around here.  Nobody really likes to grudge race turbo bikes anyway.  I had ALOT more fun running all the heads up races I could make it to.  Alot more discipline, and the competition is really what draws me to the track.  Definitely come hang out next time you're around.  Hit me or Mike up whenever you head this way and we'll try to make it a point to be at the track.

Keith Salles

Offline Adrnlnjunky

• Mad Post Whore
  • BECAUSE I CAN!
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »
Sounds good....come hang out.  It's always nice to meet different friends at the track...especially when we share the same interests.  :thumb:  I'm considering entering the bike in all the local races, long and short due to grudge racing being mostly dead around here.  Nobody really likes to grudge race turbo bikes anyway.  I had ALOT more fun running all the heads up races I could make it to.  Alot more discipline, and the competition is really what draws me to the track.  Definitely come hang out next time you're around.  Hit me or Mike up whenever you head this way and we'll try to make it a point to be at the track.

Sounds like a plan. I'll definitely do it. Looking forward to it, just don't whoop up on me too bad.  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:08:53 PM by Adrnlnjunky »

Offline ondre30

• Rider
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2009, 01:44:32 AM »
Can you please tell me who painted the tank and does it match?  Thanks Ondre

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2009, 06:59:42 AM »

:lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »
I didn't have room for a radiator in the back of the bike, so I basically eliminated it and ran a catch can to the back of the bike where I had room and just put a pressurized cap inline.  It gave me alot more room up front and cleaned up the overall look as well.  The pics are poor quality from my phone.

Pretty interesting set up with the cooling system....how's it working for you?

Another question...... :wink: .....why did you go with the 59X instead of what you had before?

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

• Rider
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2009, 07:43:20 AM »
I actually like the other tire I had better (the avon)...especially the styling.  When I got this wheel, it came with a tire mounted and i just assumed I would leave it instead of unmounting it.  The a59x sure is ugly.  :D  As far as the cooling system, it works pretty good.  I just wanted something to circulate water without the bulky radiator in the front.  I'm so limited for space as it is, and the bike doesn't get ridden any other than at the track.  I've only used it once so far with this set up and it appears to be working fine.
I didn't have room for a radiator in the back of the bike, so I basically eliminated it and ran a catch can to the back of the bike where I had room and just put a pressurized cap inline.  It gave me alot more room up front and cleaned up the overall look as well.  The pics are poor quality from my phone.

Pretty interesting set up with the cooling system....how's it working for you?

Another question...... :wink: .....why did you go with the 59X instead of what you had before?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:55:03 AM by dragasixtyinchbusa »
Keith Salles

• Rider
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2009, 07:50:22 AM »
The paint was done by a friend locally.  We painted the tank, tail and upper. (the turbo upper in the later pictures)  I purchased the paint from http://www.colorrite.com/content/about-us-1005.cfm  This particular color is extremely sensitive to paint... from what he tells me.  I believe it had to be painted in stages.  According to the individuals I spoke to, the company website in which I posted  the link to supposedly sells the "actual" color, not a match. 
Can you please tell me who painted the tank and does it match?  Thanks Ondre
Keith Salles