Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: lowered fuel tanks  (Read 3012 times)

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
lowered fuel tanks
« on: March 02, 2010, 07:37:44 PM »
What type of lowered tanks are you guys useing,airtech  or catalyst.Seen on airtechs site that their tanks should be coated for use with pump gas,has anyone heard of this before?
Thanks
Dan

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
Re: lowered fuel tanks
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »
i had an airtech one for a while, it wasnt bad. but i always ran c16 through. never had a problem letting it sit in their either.

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 07:58:39 AM »
What type of lowered tanks are you guys useing,airtech  or catalyst.Seen on airtechs site that their tanks should be coated for use with pump gas,has anyone heard of this before?
Thanks
Dan

YES - All Glass Tanks (and welded/altered Metal Tanks) MUST be Epoxy Sealed for Pump Gas!!! (Metal Tanks if altered must be Sealed - Period!)

Do not let this intimidate You - Very Easy to Do!  :wink:
Just check online and you will find dozens of products...

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »
What type of lowered tanks are you guys useing,airtech  or catalyst.Seen on airtechs site that their tanks should be coated for use with pump gas,has anyone heard of this before?
Thanks
Dan

YES - All Glass Tanks (and welded/altered Metal Tanks) MUST be Epoxy Sealed for Pump Gas!!! (Metal Tanks if altered must be Sealed - Period!)

Do not let this intimidate You - Very Easy to Do!  :wink:

Why do you have to put sealer inside welded metal tanks? I've seen many "tanks" not necessary motorcyle tanks welding up without sealer with no leaks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:45:25 PM by genarr3 »
Orient Express Top Street Bike 2011 Season Champ Englishtown NJ

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:50 PM »
I'm going to call catalyst in the morning,I talked to a few guys here nobody has sealed there tanks.I let everyone know what they say.

Offline sg1320

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 09:45:31 PM »
just talked to catalyst the other day.  They say not to put any type of sealer inside of thier tanks.  It is already sealed.

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 06:40:06 AM »
What type of lowered tanks are you guys useing,airtech  or catalyst.Seen on airtechs site that their tanks should be coated for use with pump gas,has anyone heard of this before?
Thanks
Dan

Do not let this intimidate You - Very Easy to Do!  :wink:

Why do you have to put sealer inside welded metal tanks? I've seen many "tanks" not necessary motorcyle tanks welding up without sealer with no leaks.

Prevents Rust - They WILL Rust!

If the tank is already Sealed as Catalyst states, GREAT! 
Glass Tanks - It is to increase the longevity of the tank as PUMP Gas carries many more Chemicals than Race Gas and this eats at the Glass.

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 09:56:18 PM »
Thanks guys always helpful on here. :thumb: :thumb: