Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Joining the B King crowd....  (Read 8476 times)

Offline varnado

• Rider
Joining the B King crowd....
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:40:17 AM »
Im so happy to be joining the ranks of the B King owners I could just soil my pants.  :bah: She's a Black Beauty just waiting for me to rub her down and carress her smooth lines and ..... :hm:   Oh well, dont wanna get to carried away. She will be joining my 08' Concours 14 to tame my wild side. Any advice to a new King owner?

Randy
Austin, TX
08' Concours 14, 08' B King
Ride safe, Randy

retired list: 01' Busa, 01' Blackbird, 99' ZRX, 86' V-65 Magna

Offline JohnnyBKing

• Rider
Re: Joining the B King crowd....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 08:38:48 AM »
Randy,

Enjoy your new toy!!! I wasn't sure at first how I'd like mine, but after a few 100+ mile rides, I love it! I had to choose between the turbo Busa and the King in 08....the Busa's gone and the King is still in my garage. I just finished putting a stage II RCC turbo kit on it and now I'm like a little kid and can't wait til spring gets here. For the Busa guys, I loved my Busa, but the seated position sold me from the first time I rode it. In a perfect world I'd still have both bikes but I just couldn't do it knowing what i'd be doing to the king. Anyhow, back to the King, my opinion is that the B King is a great all around motorcycle minus the 500 lb. batman exhaust. It rides great, very comfortable, and it performs very well too. Have fun!!!

Johnny D.
2008 B King, RCC stage II Turbo, Wossner Rods And Pistons, SS Valves W/65lb. Springs, Studs And All The Other Goodies, AMS-1000

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »
As long as you only want to ride its its kinda OK but I HATE working on it. 
Try to take out the ECU. If you manage it in under 1 Hour I'll buy you a beer :hys:

Hell. Try changing the Airfilter....
On the Busa its a 5 min ob. On the B-King... awwwgg...  More like an hour from start to finish.

I have sold mine ( after making it a 1507 ) but if I had kept it I would have made an Aluminium tank for it and made the Air scoop functional.
I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline JohnnyBKing

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »
Getting the tank off is a pain compared to the Busa. I'm not a beer drinker, but I took the battery out and unhooked the relay thingy by the battery and had my ECU out in a few minutes, so I'll take a large Redbull!!! :D They both have pros and cons. Don't get me wrong, I love both bikes, I just couldn't keep both of them :( I'm not sure about the 08+ fairings, but changing oil on the B is a snap compared to the Busa. (No fairing). If you put a full exhaust on the B take that STUPID set valve servo box off the bike. There is a black wire with a white stripe in the right connector on the ECU, I think it's #7 from the right on the bottom row. Without looking i'm not positive, but I know it's the black/white stripe you pull to eliminate the FI light. There's also a plug you can get from Dynojet to eliminate the O2 sensor for around $15. I'm still not a big fan of the looks of the B, but I like to be different, and everybody around here has a Busa now. I'm kinda glad they didn't really catch on in the U.S. Aside from having to fab some of my own stuff due to the small market for the B, I like the fact that I won't be on a bike that I see at every stoplight in town. Plus it looks pretty cool with the turbo out in the open with no fairing hiding it.

Johnny D.
2008 B King, RCC stage II Turbo, Wossner Rods And Pistons, SS Valves W/65lb. Springs, Studs And All The Other Goodies, AMS-1000

Offline varnado

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 12:03:34 PM »
My "new to me" King already has Yosh exhaust with light kit and some other cool stuff. With just 1500 miles, Im glad I wont be under the tank for a while. I also like having something different. I have only seen 1 other King on the road and I almost snapped my neck getting a look. Im not really a Mod Junkie but one can always improve over stock to a certain degree. I just want it super reliable and simple. I welcome your suggestions.

Thanks, Randy
Ride safe, Randy

Offline Be Kong

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »
Hi varnado.

I am sure you'll enjoy the Beast. I am looking to get a Concours 14 ABS to add
to my garage for long distance rides. Just wondering how you like your 14??

The B-King really is fine as is...best riding bike I have owned...I had V65 Magna
in 1983, VMax and now the Kong...always liked standard sit up naked bikes....the
B-King is the best especially for us heavier old riders....comfort and power.

Offline nhgunnut

• Rider
  • An Armed Society is a polite Society
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 05:48:36 AM »
I love my B King , I have a few other bikes  including a Turbo Gen 1 but the king is the impulse bike for me. When I head out to the garage it is usualy the one I through my leg over and head out.

Offline varnado

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:54:18 PM »
Hi varnado.

I am sure you'll enjoy the Beast. I am looking to get a Concours 14 ABS to add
to my garage for long distance rides. Just wondering how you like your 14??

I love the C14 for all day rides. I think it handles very well for a bike its size. I might have a rough time adjusting to very little storage room while on rides. I usually carry a tool bag, medical kit and air compressor on rides. The King will not allow much of that. I guess Im spoiled.

Ride safe, Randy

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:13:18 AM »
congrats on the bking, you will love it. they really stand out everywere you ride. I love mine..
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline Tancrix

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 09:50:37 PM »
cool, welcome to b-king world, you'll love the bike in all aspects !!!!!