Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ...another SUZUKI PRO STOCK MOTOR?  (Read 8106 times)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
...another SUZUKI PRO STOCK MOTOR?
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »
Anybody have any info. on this(bottom of this article under "NHRA PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE")?
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/500/1961/Motorcycle-Article/Velocity-Racing-2008-Team-Report.aspx
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
Re: ...another SUZUKI PRO STOCK MOTOR?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
i dont know exactly but the guy that does my machine work (tom hooker) told me last year that he was at mcleran and someone he new there gave him a tour ............... had a room with dynos in it and they all had  billet suzuki busa engines on them but that was it they wouldnt let him see the numbers on them or anything about them but someone is spending alot of time developing these i have heard some prostock teams talking about this but there is something in the rules that keeps them from running it has to do with the stock ccs and a 4 valve head

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »
i think if they let them run it it would definatly turn the tables but i think harley has dumped alot of money in nhra so they want them winning , i may be way off base but definatly seems the case why else would they keep the busa out guys that run inline 4s  have to run engines that are 20 years old kinda doesnt seem right so much for pro stock hmmmm

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:19:58 PM »
it makes perfect sense NHRA= national harley racing association. i thought DSR had was doing some busa prostock development but they have no plans to field a prostock bike in 2010 so who the hell knows. i think they should get rid of prostock bike and let the AMA prostreet guys come run. they would still have a full field, go damn near just as fast, and be more fun to watch IMO.

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 03:28:11 AM »
i agree but i think they only have the bikes there just so they dont catch hell from the spectators ............................. i would really like to know what numbers they got on that engine though

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 07:28:18 AM »
it makes perfect sense NHRA= national harley racing association. i thought DSR had was doing some busa prostock development but they have no plans to field a prostock bike in 2010 so who the hell knows. i think they should get rid of prostock bike and let the AMA prostreet guys come run. they would still have a full field, go damn near just as fast, and be more fun to watch IMO.

:thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BusaSean

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 09:33:33 PM »
I can't wait for the NHRA to start up again.

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 12:04:04 AM »
The motor was in Pomona at the finals a year ago. Steve showed it to me. I have heard it didn't make acceptable power.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 01:07:12 PM »
The motor was in Pomona at the finals a year ago. Steve showed it to me. I have heard it didn't make acceptable power.

:thumb:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 01:10:03 PM »
I can't wait for the NHRA to start up again.

Me too,4 weeks 'til the Winternationals at Pomona...only 30 miles from home (and i can get my nitro fix :thumb:).

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »
are you going to the first race Jeff?

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 01:21:21 PM »
are you going to the first race Jeff?

Hey bud,

I believe so,since they're only here(at Pomona anyway)twice a year i have to get my fat ass up there. :thumb:

(just got back from Best Buy,had to get a new keyboard,etc. :bah:)

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »
cool, i will tell brandy. she always wants to go, but i enjoy it more at home so fukem. 

new keyboard huh? too much drool on the old one?

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
cool, i will tell brandy. she always wants to go, but i enjoy it more at home so fukem. 

new keyboard huh? too much drool on the old one?

Me too at home the rest of the time,if Brandy's going we'll meet up with her. :thumb:

Went out on the bike and terrorized the town this morning,don't know how much more of this WARM,SUNNY,75 DEGREE WEATHER i can stand(just wanted to throw that in to irritate all the cold weather weather guys :lol:).

Damned keyboard and mouse had been messed up for some time,finally smashed 'em. :lol:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »
Have you heard if the Fontana thing rescheduled for next weekend(23/24)is still on or not?(looks like it could also possibly get rained out,we're all gonna be swimmin' next week)

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 01:45:29 PM »
ya better get your kicks in today because its supposed to turn shitty tonight and be screwed for a week or so. hope you planned on taking time off because were getting 4 storms in a row and they're forcasting 15 inches of rain. 

as far as fontucky. i havnt paid any attention, but if it was scheduled for next week, then its not going to happen. yet another rain out.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 02:00:36 PM »
ya better get your kicks in today because its supposed to turn shitty tonight and be screwed for a week or so. hope you planned on taking time off because were getting 4 storms in a row and they're forcasting 15 inches of rain. 

as far as fontucky. i havnt paid any attention, but if it was scheduled for next week, then its not going to happen. yet another rain out.

Fontucky :lol:

Yup,the rain is a comin'...you'll probably gonna get hammered up the in the hills worse than us down here,supposedly we're only lookin' at 6 to 8 inches(still gonna have to probably go in to work a couple of those days,i'll just turn and burn(waterline those bastards :lol:).

Pizza is here,i dropped down to 239 yesterday so i'm gonna pig out. :thumb:

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 02:09:59 PM »
oh shit 239 your getting to be nothing but skin and bones in your old age. im headed to bakersfield tonight and be back tomorrow night, so will have to drive the f'ing grapevine with the shit weather. what a treat for me.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
oh shit 239 your getting to be nothing but skin and bones in your old age. im headed to bakersfield tonight and be back tomorrow night, so will have to drive the f'ing grapevine with the shit weather. what a treat for me.

:lol:

What the hell's in Bakersfield?

Have a good trip,catch ya tomorrow.

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 12:24:38 PM »
one of the old man's friends lives up there and he wanted to see him so we packed up the truck and headed up. weather wasnt bad coming back so we got lucky there.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
Just went out and bought 2 of those 5 gal. gas cans from Hahm's,after all this time i did a search and found a gas station 4 goddamned blocks from the house up on Chapman who carries 100 octane unleaded at the pump.Thinking by mixing it 50/50 with 91 i should end up with 95.5 octane and safer for my motor. :thumb:

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »
dont buy the race fuel and let it sit. it will go bad in about two weeks. if its not going lean, leave it alone and ride it. where's your faith in me?

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 04:54:43 PM »
dont buy the race fuel and let it sit. it will go bad in about two weeks. if its not going lean, leave it alone and ride it. where's your faith in me?

I'll make sure,but as far as i know this is just 100 unleaded at the pump(wouldn't want to put any of that stuff in it that would gunk it up).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:01:15 PM by piratediverjefff »