Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Busa strut question  (Read 9120 times)

Offline jdmfreakcrx

• Rider
Busa strut question
« on: January 13, 2010, 12:20:08 AM »
I have a question bout these struts.  I have a 2000 hayabusa, stretched and lowered.  I have an adjustable lowereing link on it and if i have it on the middle setting, it rubs the bottom when i take sharp turns, but nothing serious.  Well my problem comes when I have a rider.  Before I took my first rider out, i made sure to lift the bike up to the top setting so i dont tear the paint up.  It has candy paint on it, and I would hate to mess it up real good.  So i am torn between air ride and a strut.  I know, air ride will ride a lot better, its adjustable and its.... freakin expensive.  I was wondering about the strut.  I have a friend who says that if i lower it back down to the middle notch with a strut on it, i should be fine.  He said that it would only move around an 1/8 of an inch when i hit a bump, but they ride rough.  What do you guys think? fork out the money to have my comfort or is riding on a strut not that bad?

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: Busa strut question
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 01:19:18 AM »
It sounds like a nice bike done with a lot of time, care and money. Why would you go only half way and not have it the way you want it? Save a little longer and do it right.

Let's say the day comes where you've installed the "struts" and you want to give your new GF a ride. Well you adjusted earlier, but didn't prepare for her to have eaten all of those yummy donuts she just loves to munch on at work,, and you toss her on back and hit the road,, all to find out that her ass is causing you to grind the paint away!!!  :bah:

Now you have three dilemmas.

• 1) Should you tell her that her ass is too heavy and jeopardize not getting any?
  • 2) Should you eat it knowing that her fat ass is grinding all the while and shut up so you CAN get some later?!
  • 3) Realize at that moment that you were an idiot and should have gone first class the first time!
  • 4) All of the above!

:mrgreen: ,,, and that's the welcome you get without supplying pictures!
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline jdmfreakcrx

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 01:44:34 AM »
Well put sir!

Yeah I was checking out some kits online earlier, believe my tax return just got spent, lol. 

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 01:47:37 AM »
Show a pic of that CRX when you get around to it. I will be doing a K24A/K20 in my EG coming up this year.  :D Love my Honda!
-Chris

Offline jdmfreakcrx

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 07:55:52 AM »
Show a pic of that CRX when you get around to it. I will be doing a K24A/K20 in my EG coming up this year.  :D Love my Honda!

it was no k24/k20 car by any means, but ask and you shall receive

pre-turbo

with some dookies on the front

Car didnt look like much, but ran pretty good.  Motor was a b16, had an aebs intake manifold, 68mm tb, GSR cams, Hondata s300, aem tru time cam gears... ya know, basic stuff.  The car had skunk2 coilovers, camber kit, lcas, and set of polished fat 5's. The turbo kit, was ur basic turbonetics t3/t4, treadstone front mount, blitz bov, turbonetics 38mm wastegate, nothing real special.  I had the car painted satin black, and when i was off at school some kids egged the car.  with not real clear coat on the car, it soaked into the paint.  I didnt notice until I came home after the fall semester.  Since it wasnt my daily, i broke out the rattle cans.

I ended up trading it for an R1

After I got out that honda, i bought an integra.  It was just a shell, i bought another car that had been flipped and took the swap out and put it in here.

This is when i first put the motor in, it was a 99ls with a 97 gsr tranny.  Header and intake.  Skunk 2 coil overs, ground control camber kit, nothin really special.  Before I could really do anything with it, some kid from charlotte, who apparently REALLY wanted an integra traded me a eg hatch for it.  I took the hatch, put some Gt3's on it and lowered it.

w/o the gt3's

with

and, since it is a busa forum... my bike

DEF changing a lot of stuff.  The kick stand is going, the mirrors are gone, the wind screen is going, the levers are also gonna go.  I'm not into racing bikes, so no more performace shit is goin on here, lol i dont have enough balls to take a bike to the track!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:18:07 AM by jdmfreakcrx »

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »
Busa looks sick, Bro! GT3's look great too! Love the EG's.   :thumb:
-Chris