Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: new st.bike racing series in indiana 21 races 3 tracks,5 pro tree races  (Read 2938 times)

Offline todd v smith

• Post Whore
  • just call me the bounty hunter
    • smittysracing.com
We are starting a new racing series in central to northern Indiana ,The tracks will be bunker hill,oc dragway,muncie
Each track will have a test and tune st.bike bracket race every week With points and trophies but no cash.

One time a month each track will st.bike bracket race $40 entry 70% pay back ,all tracks will be ran on separate weekends ,each track will have 7 races and you count your best 6 for a points championship
looks like Schnitz racing will possible be involved with the 5 pro tree bracket racing  dash for cash races
there will be 5 pro tree bracket races 2 muncie ,2 bunker,1 oc , st.bike plus additional pro bike class also(wheelie bar bikes) entry  will be $60 entry  with $1000 to win $450 for second $100 semis,the 5 pro tree series you will score points for the trck you are at plus the schnitz series pro tree dash for cash this isn't set in stone yet.but I have contacted all 3 tracks and have been working very hard. IT IS 90%DONE
THIS IS A VERY BIG STEP FOR ARE ST.BIKES  in this area I hope that we have the support of are local racers
bunker hill this year is also giving us st. bike guys a class to run for a mini Wally .Steve at bunker hill sees that us st.bike guys are for real we out numbered drag bike 2 to 1 last year .
p.m me your address        and I will put you on the mailing list
sponsors
tiger racing
schnitz racing
Colby Adams
vortex

Offline todd v smith

• Post Whore
    • smittysracing.com
Re: new st.bike racing series in indiana 21 races 3 tracks,5 pro tree races
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
I know my spelling and wording is confusing give me a call any time 574 276 9220 I can help explain a little better that way ,If you are a new racer we will pair you up with a more experience racer as a mentor program if you would like ,we did that last year and got some 1st year racers in  the winner circle . we tryed to get us 41 and indy but didn't get much response. hope to see you there.

Todd Smith
sponsors
tiger racing
schnitz racing
Colby Adams
vortex

Offline todd v smith

• Post Whore
    • smittysracing.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:33:11 PM »
I wouldn't want a fly er if I was scared to race to .send me some pms I bet if the motor head put the post up every body would be in line.
sponsors
tiger racing
schnitz racing
Colby Adams
vortex

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
todd sounds like you are trying to get something going thats good for this area .....but what you are saying isnt making sense .......................you cant have a pro tree bracket race its a heads up race ...................................unless you are going to have a bracket race and a fast 16 race at those races ..................................... and i understand you are working on a limited finances but i am not going to go race my bikes for a trophy there are too many money races out there ..............................and is the 1000 a guarneteed purse or is it like last year at muncie were it is pro rated on how many bikes show up .............................and these 7 races at each track please tell me you didnt get them set up for the midnight madness or the wed night test and tune as they do not prep the track on those nights .......................................... and what is the championship for are we running for bragging rights or what if your 90 % done then hopefully you will know these answers i will call you to see if you can get this figured out and give you a hand if you want some help
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 03:16:38 PM by 1badassbusa1962 »

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 03:19:12 PM »
Why couldn't you have a pro tree bracket race?

Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 03:33:49 PM »
because the computer only sees it as a 4 tenths tree and does not recognize a dial inn when in your life have you seen a pro tree run at different times not that it couldnt be done i guess i will call the track and find out but i do not think the compu link system will run a pro tree on a dial in

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 04:07:41 PM »
I've seen a pro tree ran with different dial ins but you need a blinder on the tree so the other person is not distracted with the flash of yellow. one of our tracks does a 8.90 9.90 10.90 race combined for cars. but you could run any dial ins you want.
2008 Busa

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 04:13:11 PM »
I wouldn't want a fly er if I was scared to race to .send me some pms I bet if the motor head put the post up every body would be in line.

I'll take that bet.How much we talking and how many accounts for everybody?  :lol:

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
well that is news to me i didnt know and that makes sense about the flash of yellow i think it would pay to be a slower bike then lol...................... and i wouldnt be interested in running a class with a pro tree on a dial in and only running for a trophy .................. i was told by another racer he was trying to keep box bikes out of it all he would have to do is say it is a pro street class or a no box class and its not like it is obvious if they have a box ....................... and i would like to see what we are racing for and what rules he has applied so i can see if i can run it i know there was a issue at bunker hill with my two step ..................... anyway i wish he would return my call i called 2 times and left one msg with no reply yet

Offline todd v smith

• Post Whore
    • smittysracing.com
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »

I'll take that bet.How much we talking and how many accounts for everybody?  :lol:
I knew that would get some attention,Yes we will be running a pro tree at 5 races with a blinder you can stagger the tree ,muncie will have 7 races 2 being  pro tree races the same with bunker ,OC will have 6 races only 1 will be pro tree ,
the tracks will have 70% pay back on $40 entry, the pro tree races will  be $60 entry with 32 bike field it will pay
$1000 to win $400 second $100 semi finals  if there is not 32 bikes it will be 70% if there is more than 32 bikes it will pay more.
all tracks will run on diffrent weekends and all tracks will have their own points series.you can run points at all 3 tracks that's fine .

On the test and tune nights it will be trophie only to try and get the new guy up to par and hopfully they will come out to the money races when they fell comfortableI hope this helps this is a big step for are st. bikes in this area
sponsors
tiger racing
schnitz racing
Colby Adams
vortex

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »
well todd called me and i understand what he is trying to do it is more to get the new guys intersted and out there racing so look forward to seeing how it plays out  :thumb:

Offline todd v smith

• Post Whore
    • smittysracing.com
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 07:44:15 PM »
well Todd called me and i understand what he is trying to do it is more to get the new guys intersted and out there racing so look forward to seeing how it plays out  :thumb:
how many bikes do you get at Indy in st. e.t ,is Del performance still sponsoring it .
sponsors
tiger racing
schnitz racing
Colby Adams
vortex

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »
i really dont think del will be involved this year there were alot of issues with his sponsorship thats all i am saying bout that .............. but we get about 10 to 13 every points race with about 4 or 5 running pro class .......................... i am hoping to pick up about 5 more minimum after the school and if it works out and everyone is happy with it then i will hold another one next fall ................ the only down side is the track only takes bikes from the pro class to the et finals ............. i am going to try to work on the track to get them to put the streetbike winner in the finals this year

Offline todd v smith

• Post Whore
    • smittysracing.com
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 05:08:36 AM »
I want to right some letters to div 3 and see if the will recognize  st. bikes they do in div 7 and some others .st. bike class will bring more than 4 bikes a weekend they need to look to the future,I talked with del last year to see if he was intrested in helping support are races with nort much luck.
sponsors
tiger racing
schnitz racing
Colby Adams
vortex

Offline 1badassbusa1962

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 05:32:10 AM »
i talked with joann at div 3 a couple times the problem is right now the director over div 3 does not like bikes and could care less about wether they are even in the race class or not ...................... and i would steer clear of del for any kinda support he made us alot of promises at the beginning of the year and it sounded really good but he never followed thru with them and to my knowledge he never paid the track for his sponsorship ...................although he was responsible for getting the streetbike class at orp
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:33:58 AM by 1badassbusa1962 »

Offline todd v smith

• Post Whore
    • smittysracing.com
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
I am going to sit and talk with div 3 next Monday looks good for a st. bike class the track owner want more bikes and NHRA are the track owners customers. being polite but persistant
sponsors
tiger racing
schnitz racing
Colby Adams
vortex