Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen 2 tailsection on a Gen1  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Twistedspeed

• Post Whore
Gen 2 tailsection on a Gen1
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
I know it's been discuss awhile ago. Do you have to use the gen 2 subframe? I've heard Yes n No.
If no what mods need to be done to switch to 08 tail thanks.
Sponsors.
Win Racing
Wheatland Collision Services
M.A. Performance

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
Re: Gen 2 tailsection on a Gen1
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 01:48:11 PM »
I have been hearing mixed stories about this as well.

Offline Abusive

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:54:18 PM »
I know it's been discuss awhile ago. Do you have to use the gen 2 subframe? I've heard Yes n No.
If no what mods need to be done to switch to 08 tail thanks.
Not sure but I have a Gen II tailsection for sale (no lights).

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
  • [URL=http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/mike
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
yes , some dude on ebay used to sell some brackets that made it work ,but when i say make it work i mean make it work ,the fairings kinda look like theyre being pushed out and are flimsy ....all in all you can tell its jerry rigged i did the swap in december didnt like the way it looked with the brackets ,so i just went ahead &  paid 200 for the subframe just to have peace of mind you know & to know its right....you could cut the mounting points off & re-weld them if you have time,my buddy did that,,, and i welded 3 mounting points on the left, cuz on the gen2s the rectifier is on the right...i give it a 7 ...its ok if it works for you, id go with the subframe,its one less thing to worry about when youre doin 170 on the road!! if you have all the parts..its a bolt-on affair-easy money unless you have to whait for paint  and shit.hope this helps.
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you