Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: .5 offset triple clamps  (Read 13487 times)

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
Re: .5 offset triple clamps
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
Sportbikeryder is correct on this one. It is basic physics. Although I do think the bikes stability improves when the offset on the trees is reduced. Probably because you are getting a bit more trail.

:thumb: It should add a bit more trail as mentioned.

Stocker, it actually moves the CG backwards (toward the rear axle) if you just offset the clamps. When the arm is then lengthened, it makes the cg end up farther forward from teh rear axle than before.

Woudl be better off just adding the length to the arm as far as the cg distance. The stability Kiwi mentioned may be beneficial, however, it is likely not a requirement in all but th efastest bikes that make the front light at the top end.

cool,it is over my head... :thumb:
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 09:56:19 PM »
OK lets keep this one going,I just talked to a guy a couple nights ago that said his bike has better traction and definitely 60fts better with the offset clamps.

Offline nitrousnick1

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 04:20:22 PM »
I have to disagree that the .5 inch clamps make the bike more stable. Not trying to stir up an arguement, I am only speaking from personal experience. I noticed a big change in handling.
Best ET 7.69               2002 Busa,  RCC Race Kit,  AMS 1000
Best MPH 193.58

Offline gsxrdan

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
I wasn't sure about it either Nick sort of goes against anything I know about rake.Do you think it helped your 60's.What did you notice about the handling?

Offline Kiwi

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 02:55:17 AM »
I haven't ridden a bike with 0.5" trees but I have 0.75" trees on mine and thought stability felt better than the stock offset.