Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Does altitude compensation remain when using EE2 on Gen2? And other questions.  (Read 2967 times)

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
I have read most of the posts related to EE2 use on the Gen2, but can't seem to find the answers to the following questions.

Does the altitude compensation remain in the ECU after it is flashed?
Does the oxygen sensor retain feedback fuel control at lower speed/throttle settings after flashing? (I like the 50mpg on trips.)
Will the base fuel map be close enough that the bike will run good enough to ride, datalog and tune?
Are the ignition maps provided in the basemap the same as stock other than the fact that they are unified?

Sorry for the dumb questions but my only experience with electronic tuning was with a Holley commander950 system and the base map that was provided barely made the motor run in the shop let alone good enough for a test drive, although after much tuning it ran good.
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
Yes the altitude compensation remains in the ecu as it is. Just looked today the formula for nitrous control module.

With TPS map you tune the basmap then you multiply the results with various compensations, most important being altitude compensation using suzuki stock methods.

Oxygen sensor works just fine, and you can even use the stock sensor to tune the cruising area for your bike - i.e. the IAP map. Just hook up a laptop and have a ride to see whats your AFR.

Basemap is stock map, even started my gen2 1441cc without problems.

Ignition maps get using group3 when you start using those. After that you need to press c to copy, ie.. unify the maps. I need to change that to unify to have same as gen1.

Good questions. Asking and then information sharing helps us all make the engines stronger and more reliable.

Hope this helps...

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
Thank you, that answers my questions.
Thank you for all the time that you and every one involved in the Gen2 tuning project have put in to it, so the less technically minded, like me have a better way to tune.
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:39:23 PM by FlatlandBusa »
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
No problems when i started my turbo bike up with boost fuel option for first time. Im in Denver at a mile high! No changes made and boost at 5psi stock motor was 11.3 afr. just made a couple little changes and bamm 11.7 boosted afr!
When injustice becomes law, Resistance becomes DUTY! -Thomas Jefferson

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
Has B and C mode been restored yet or is it still lost when you start flashing.
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far