Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: My evolution of boost.  (Read 267095 times)

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
My evolution of boost.
« on: February 26, 2010, 08:00:39 PM »
OK guys, I'm happy to say that after a year of owning the bike, and researching on here, I'm finally able to build my turbo bike. I'm no stranger to turbochargers, in fact its the only vehicle i have, that isn't boosted...Until now! So bear with me, over the next (I'm hoping) 2 months, to see what this punk ass can do! (I'm 24  :shock:)

My set up is a Stedman stage1 kit. Which uses and Rcc header, fmu, and dump pipes. The turbo unit is a t3/t4 50 trim, with a .62 a/r. Comes with a tial 38mm wastegate, and I also had the 50mm blow off valve added. I'm pulling the motor and installing an .080 spacer, with cam gears, pro mod studs, and a cometic head gasket. I'm also running a pc3, with the hub, and 3bar GM map sensor for boost referenced fueling.

As of right now, Jay has informed me my kit should be done and sent out by the first half of next week. :D But some of my electrical parts have showed up already so I'm getting started with that. I'm going on a weekly basis on ordering parts now that the kit is paid for, so enjoy, and leave feedback as i go!

Last pic befor I took her apart.

Getting the engine ready to drop...Diddnt get to far though, it was only 35 dagrees out.  :(

Santa! I mean UPS came.

And an hour later, BAM! Power distrabution block, so I dont have a hundred wires going to the battery.

Thats it for right now, More updates next week.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:52:50 PM by murderedout07 »

TURBOLAG: The split second the other guy thinks hes winning.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: Murderout07's Turbo build!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:30:46 PM »
You have a good head on your shoulders and know what your doing,,, I can't wait to see how your bike turns out!  Should be sick!  :thumb: Keep clicking the camera along the way!
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
You have a good head on your shoulders and know what your doing,,, I can't wait to see how your bike turns out!  Should be sick!  :thumb: Keep clicking the camera along the way!
Thanks dude. Don't worry, there will be plenty of pics!   :thumb:

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:03:17 AM »
 :thumb:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline atticdog

• Post Master
  • RIP DaveO my friend
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 08:20:21 AM »
awesome! Im looking forward to the pics
01 Black/Silver,08 GSXR fork/wheels, Pyramid DB, Corbin seat, gsxr1K footpegs, spedo healer, PCIII USB, 6 over Trac arm and Boosted!!

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 07:36:53 PM »
Had some time today, so I decided to start running some wire. I'm an electrician by trade, so I'm always fussing about wiring. The big problem I have is with HID kits that are "plug and play". HID lights pull as much as 30 amps on the initial start up, and that's that's pushing the limit of the this 18 gauge wire on the low beam. The high beam is 16 gauge. So the solution to that is to run them straight off the batter, through a relay. Same thing for the new fuel pump. The new fuel can pull about a max of 15 amps, which is fine fore the wiring, but the other hidden advantage is because its wired right off the battery, the voltage is alot more constant, which means more steady fuel pressure. Its common to do this in the turbo car word. The first pic is of the garage, i got a few other projects going on right now. The other 2 are of the progress made today. sorry the pics so far are a bit blurry. I took them with my phone. When the good stuff starts happening, ill get the good camera out.  :thumb:

Offline Imbusabad

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 11:21:30 AM »
glad you decided to get an SRP kit.  You will be happy.  I've ridden my stedman stage 2 ultra about 300 miles now with no probs.   LOVING IT~!!!!!!!!!  :thumb:

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:40 AM »
Oh cool! I'd love to see some pics of it. What kind of numbers is it pullin?

Offline Imbusabad

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »
it's got an ams 1000 and he set it to be 361hp/210TQ  on about 17# boost. :thumb: :thumb:  I can still ad another pound on pump gas if i want to some time.  The thing is BAAAAAAAAD!!!!! 

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 12:07:46 PM »
Aswome!..pics?

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 07:30:12 PM »
Oh this wait is killing me!!!!!

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »
Had some time today, so I decided to start running some wire. I'm an electrician by trade, so I'm always fussing about wiring. The big problem I have is with HID kits that are "plug and play". HID lights pull as much as 30 amps on the initial start up, and that's that's pushing the limit of the this 18 gauge wire on the low beam. The high beam is 16 gauge. So the solution to that is to run them straight off the batter, through a relay. Same thing for the new fuel pump. The new fuel can pull about a max of 15 amps, which is fine fore the wiring, but the other hidden advantage is because its wired right off the battery, the voltage is alot more constant, which means more steady fuel pressure. Its common to do this in the turbo car word. The first pic is of the garage, i got a few other projects going on right now. The other 2 are of the progress made today. sorry the pics so far are a bit blurry. I took them with my phone. When the good stuff starts happening, ill get the good camera out.  :thumb:

man thats good info....must be the reason why when I turn on my key my low HID sometimes comes on and sometimes doesn't.....then when I crank it I have to flip it to high then back to low for it to come on :evil: I need you to wire up my bike hell
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 10:50:57 AM »
it's got an ams 1000 and he set it to be 361hp/210TQ  on about 17# boost. :thumb: :thumb:  I can still ad another pound on pump gas if i want to some time.  The thing is BAAAAAAAAD!!!!! 
What size turbo are you running? thats almost GT35R power....I think they ususally make around 375-380 on 18lb
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »
Yeah James that would do the trick. I'm sure your undertail is packed, but there is a much scaled down verson of this you could do. I have one more relay to add for the fuel pump, then it will be done. I just gotta wait for the pump to come in befor I figure out where I want to mount the relay and run wires. I'm mounting the fuel pump on the underside of the sub frame, provided I get my swing arm on soon, so I have the clearence. If you find yourself passing through Chicago, drag the bike with, I'd wire it for ya. 8)

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 11:07:51 AM »
What size turbo are you running? thats almost GT35R power....I think they ususally make around 375-380 on 18lb
Should be a 50 trim.

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 11:46:23 AM »
Yeah James that would do the trick. I'm sure your undertail is packed, but there is a much scaled down verson of this you could do. I have one more relay to add for the fuel pump, then it will be done. I just gotta wait for the pump to come in befor I figure out where I want to mount the relay and run wires. I'm mounting the fuel pump on the underside of the sub frame, provided I get my swing arm on soon, so I have the clearence. If you find yourself passing through Chicago, drag the bike with, I'd wire it for ya. 8)
haha better lock the doors if I show up with my bike. Good idea on mounting that fuel pump. Can't wait to see the finished product I know your going to enjoy it alot
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »
haha better lock the doors if I show up with my bike. Good idea on mounting that fuel pump. Can't wait to see the finished product I know your going to enjoy it alot
Well I'm 30 miles west of the city. I'm damn near in the country! Hell yeah, I can't wait to rip that thing. Jays said he's gonna call me by tomarrow to let me know when it's gonna ship out.

Offline ktw88q

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »
Well I am doing the same build and also waiting on steadmon, and I am less than an hour from you,hit me up kevin ktw88q@gmail.com

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
  • Who doesn't love a wet pussy... Cat?
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 10:35:03 PM »
Nice Build :thumb: Distribution block wiring is an idea I'll have to use! Got a bunch of hungry relays to feed :)
2003 Katana 7/12: Daily Rider
2006 Busa: "Thing 3", 1430+cc weekend bike
Suzuki GSXR 750 (multiple years): Track bike
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »
It's really the way to go for higher amperage components. Plus your battery terminals aren't stacked an inch tall. I came up with this idea in my nitrous bike for the solinoids, kill box, progressive controller... I got the website if anyone wants it to get these parts. Great parts, and prices.

Offline ktw88q

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 11:10:25 PM »
Go pull that motor!!!

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 06:35:39 AM »
Go pull that motor!!!
I know I know!!! Ill get it ready to pull this weekend.

Here's the place I got my stuff from. Good peoples.
http://www.wiringproducts.com/index.html

Offline gfast2

• Rider
  • aka gfast
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »
Looking good!Keep the pic coming. :thumb:
2006 busa
total redo

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »
Joe says it should ship tomarrow. Can't wait!

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
Well the word is now that it will ship on Monday. I had some time to finish the wiring, and get the engine closer to getting pulled. However I must take a second to mention the the more I tear this bike apart the more and more i appreciate how much thought was put into its design. If you've torn apart any other make of bike, you'll know exactly what i mean.

All the wiring done.