Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Winter Mods  (Read 4375 times)

Offline nhgunnut

• Rider
  • An Armed Society is a polite Society
Winter Mods
« on: February 28, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »
Ok Fellow B King owners let see some of your winter Mods
Here are a few of mine. ( Pretty Much all comfort stuff this year)
First MFW Vario Pegs, (they make them for Busa's as well) At $139 they are a bit pricer than the Buell mod but you have more choices for the length (20mm  23mm  and  30mm) I chose a 23mm drop. The other nice feature is that because it is a 3 piece system you can adjust the angle of the of the peg.

I chose a slightly rearward cant.
This gave me extra leg room while not requiring that I change the position of the Shift or rear brake levers.

Next the wife was kind enough to get me the Bagster tank cover and a bag

The bag is the rider model it is large but works well with the  upright  seating position of the B King ( I like this setup well enough that  I ordered one for the Hayabusa and a smaller bag as well that I can swap back and forth)
Moving along to the  Mirrors I switched out the stock one (with some help from friends) to a Set of Signal Mirrors

Lastly in comfort area, ( I don't have a good Photo) Installed a set of Oxford Heated Grips. They are  a major improvement over the Hot Grips that I have on the Busa. Instead of a Hi Lo switch, it comes with a 5 position controller and mounting brackets. Also they are not as thick as the Hot grips and have a nicer  texture

Still waiting to be installed is the ECU flashing Kit I got from BoostBySmitth

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Re: Winter Mods
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:35:30 AM »
what are you waiting for LOL?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com