Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: single front rotor  (Read 27158 times)

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
  • [URL=http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/mike
single front rotor
« on: March 07, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
single front rotor pros & cons,  i know its easier to wash the front rim and looks different(better than seeing no rim but how bad does it affect braking if it does at all? wana take it off thurs
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
Re: single front rotor
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:44:51 PM »
Well I've never taken one rotor off but you will lose braking power, you have one less rotor and caliper
2008 Busa

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
I don't think I would take a rotor off if ya ride aggressive, busa's are already short on brakes any way.  Both front rotors on my '08 are blued from just street riding, I can't imagine how hot a single would get used the same way.
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline busadt

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:24:21 PM »
I RUN ONLY ONE AND I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. IM 255 LBS AND RUN 9.55 @ 145MPH AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS STOPPING. ALSO HAUL THE WIFEY AND DO  ALOT OF STREET RIDING SEEMS FINE TO ME
dwayne thomas

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Yes it effects braking. I wouldn't drive with one rotor on the street.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:43:38 PM by genarr3 »
Orient Express Top Street Bike 2011 Season Champ Englishtown NJ

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 04:13:25 PM »
WHY,,, would anyone take away from their braking power and remove a disc?  :duh: :tz: :thnks: :ppcrn:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »
WHY,,, would anyone take away from their braking power and remove a disc?  :duh: :tz: :thnks: :ppcrn:

Maybe so they don't feel so out of place when hanging out with their cruiser buddies?  :vllgh:

Any sport bike looks like its incomplete with just one front rotor.

Busa is already a little short on brakes so why make it twice as bad by removing half of your braking power.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 04:54:12 PM »
WHY,,, would anyone take away from their braking power and remove a disc?  :duh: :tz: :thnks: :ppcrn:

Maybe so they don't feel so out of place when hanging out with their cruiser buddies?  :vllgh:

Any sport bike looks like its incomplete with just one front rotor.

Busa is already a little short on brakes so why make it twice as bad by removing half of your braking power.

Agreed. But, apparently there are those that think differently.   :lol:

:arrow: One of the dumbest things I've ever done

hey i noticed u didn"t have any front brake caliper

Brakes work just fine with one on front and one on back. Some people will knock it only cause they dont know any better. Unless You try it and see just how well it works, dont knock it.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:57:13 PM by Cookie »
-Chris

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »
Bull lightning runs one HUGE one haha
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline busadt

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »
to each there own. i havent had any problems stopping on street, but i try n ride using common sense!!!
dwayne thomas

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 07:12:18 PM »
many people do it. Some 600-700 lb harleys come from the factor with one rotor.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »
:lol: That's rather Buellish of them, isn't it!
-Chris

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »

That does not make it right, you ever ride one of those things and try and stop in a hurry?  It takes all your fingers on the lever and a very firm squeeze, its like driving a non power  brake car, it will stop eventually, maybe.

-Abraham Lincoln

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 08:12:03 PM »
And they are not NEARLY capable of the speed the busa is...My rear rotor is blued on the edges and i almost never use it!
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 08:17:17 PM »
Im not saying its right.  I was simply stating that it has been done several times before.  He is not re-inventing the wheel by going to one rotor.  I personally upgrade my brakes with lines, pads, and better rotors.  This is always the first modification that I do to all my bikes.

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 08:30:34 PM »
I know that a lot of custom busa's get done with one front rotor, I have always thought it looked like the builder forgot to finish the bike.  Many of these same bikes have the caliper bracket still on the fork.  The wheel hub looks unfinished with the rotor simply unbolted and removed.

Any sport bike looks its best with two front rotors, and it stops much better also.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »
 I'm not saying it won't still stop, it will, but you're taking a high performance braking system and turning it into a low performance one. You're basically de-tuning your brakes. If you've ever had any close calls on the road that's the last thing you'd want to do after. Now if all you do is cruise to the local bike spot I guess it won't be a problem, but if you do any kind of hard riding you may regret it some day.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:10:40 PM by genarr3 »
Orient Express Top Street Bike 2011 Season Champ Englishtown NJ

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »
You're basically de-tuning your brakes.
:hys: :hys: :hys:

Just wait somebody with the same thinking, will come along and think its cool to remove 2 ignition coils and then every body will do it.  That way ya could fit right in with your cruiser buddies; 1 front rotor and 2 cylinders running in the motor.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 10:52:37 PM »
You're basically de-tuning your brakes.
:hys: :hys: :hys:

Just wait somebody with the same thinking, will come along and think its cool to remove 2 ignition coils and then every body will do it.  That way ya could fit right in with your cruiser buddies; 1 front rotor and 2 cylinders running in the motor.

That's very Lord Humongous of you.  :lol:
-Chris

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »
Obviously it makes the 1 rotor take quite a beating. But it works fine. 1 rotor can still lift your ass off the ground if u apply enough brake. Not sure how you guys ride to think the busas brakes are weak but I have never found that to be true. But I dont run canyon roads either so if thats where the brakes are lacking I would never know.Like I said before Cookie, unless you have done it to really see how good or bad it is, dont knock it. This guy is looking for factual evidence from people in the know, and you arent those people! Smart ass :bah: :hys: :hys: :P

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 10:28:26 PM »
I am stating facts.  Both front rotors are blued on my '08 I can not imagine how hot a single rotor would get, I don't even want to think about how bad it would fade when the going gets faster on mountain roads.

Obviously it makes the 1 rotor take quite a beating. But it works fine. 1 rotor can still lift your ass off the ground if u apply enough brake. Not sure how you guys ride to think the busas brakes are weak but I have never found that to be true. But I dont run canyon roads either so if thats where the brakes are lacking I would never know.Like I said before Cookie, unless you have done it to really see how good or bad it is, dont knock it. This guy is looking for factual evidence from people in the know, and you arent those people! Smart ass :bah: :hys: :hys: :P

Does your brake lever bend when ya pick the back up with 1 rotor?
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 11:54:11 PM »
1 rotor will stop the bike just fine 1 time, its when you get on the brakes many times in a short period you will have problems. Most riders cant use the full power of there brakes anyway, but when you go 100-30-120-10-110-40  on the back roads, you will start to wish for that 2nd rotor cause the first one will be smoking and gassed out bad. Latent heat is a major problem with brakes and you want as much area to spread the heat as you can
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 03:07:37 AM »

I need more coffee. I might come back on that comment later tomorrow morn when I am jacked up!  :lol:
-Chris

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 07:00:58 AM »
Only did it once. I just wanted to see if it would do it if you really got on the brake hard enough. As far as mountain roads, obviously wouldnt even think about 1 rotor but I did it to remove wieght. I like to dragrace but ride like a girl for the most part on the street.(Not trying to offend any girls, just a saying.) And my rotor was blued from hard braking at the strip.

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 07:01:59 AM »

I need more coffee. I might come back on that comment later tomorrow morn when I am jacked up!  :lol:

Hurry up, I'm waiting :ppcrn: