Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: single front rotor  (Read 27172 times)

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: single front rotor
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
I used my GENI Busas for playing on the street, land speed racing and drag/street racing. Never got myself in a situation.
I try not to do traffic and we don't have twisties in Texas. We only have curves.
This bike went 193mph at Goliad in the mile with 1 disc and had no problems.

And I went 197.497mph on this one with 1 disc with no problems.

8)
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 11:57:46 PM »
You guys are funny.  :D
I don't make it a habit to agree with Pat, but for once he has several good points! :hys:
Just this time tho.  :P

That's it! Proof the whole website has changed!  :lol:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 09:32:54 AM »
do the guys who go to one disk do anything with their master cylinder? Wouldn't it make sense to change the ratio since you've only got one caliper? How do you guys compensate for the change or do you just ignore it and end up with an over stiff lever??
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:34 AM »
Haven't read the thread to long. If you have a show bike and run one front rotor, don't really ride the streets I understand. Your bike is set up for a specific purpose. I feel that if you ride the streets you are taking away a measure of safety by running one rotor, but in the end it's your ride.

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2010, 03:58:39 PM »
You guys are funny.  :D
I don't make it a habit to agree with Pat, but for once he has several good points! :hys:
Just this time tho.  :P

That's it! Proof the whole website has changed!  :lol:

Straight in the shitter, huh???

:hys: :hys:

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 04:00:07 PM »
do the guys who go to one disk do anything with their master cylinder? Wouldn't it make sense to change the ratio since you've only got one caliper? How do you guys compensate for the change or do you just ignore it and end up with an over stiff lever??

Very good question.
I have no idea about compensating for the difference, so I had a stiff lever.

Hey, but it was a Pazzo!  :wink:

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2010, 08:07:36 AM »
maybe with a 16:1 master cylinder you could get some feel back in the lever.

Very good question.
I have no idea about compensating for the difference, so I had a stiff lever.

Hey, but it was a Pazzo!  :wink:
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline Warp12

• Rider
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »

I haven't changed mine (yet) and the lever is very stiff. No worries for me, though....as long as you are smooth it won't be a problem, imo. Two-fingers, from 211 mph, at Loring.  :thumb:

Offline $FLIP$

• Rider
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »
Ok so i just came up on this post & have read all replies & have to say that i have only ran 1 front rotor & caliper on my 03 Busa for bout 4-5 yrs now since i put it all back together from paint, chrome, extending.. etc.. etc. I also have not really had back brakes until a few days ago since i have been running factory brake line on 6 inch stretch until i recently upgraded to steel braided line & bled them now my back wheel will lock up as to before just back brake Alone wouldnt stop me from 60mph with in 200 ft distance so all i have had is front brakes.. 1 front rotor & caliper. With that said I do ride agressive on the street.. racing..drifting burn outs and also run at the track & have never had any issues but will say that i have had a few times i have questioned whether i was gona be able to stop But I Also know MY bike and wat MY braking abilities are. With All that said I have thought bout chroming my other caliper putting it back on cause i feel it causes my front tire to wear Uneven.. to one side?? Any Input on this theroy??
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:39:54 PM by $FLIP$ »

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »
Ok so i just came up on this post & have read all replies & have to say that i have only ran 1 front rotor & caliper on my 03 Busa for bout 4-5 yrs now since i put it all back together from paint, chrome, extending.. etc.. etc. I also have not really had back brakes until a few days ago since i have been running factory brake line on 6 inch stretch until i recently upgraded to steel braided line & bled them now my back wheel will lock up as to before just back brake Alone wouldnt stop me from 60mph with in 200 ft distance so all i have had is front brakes.. 1 front rotor & caliper. With that said I do ride agressive on the street.. racing..drifting burn outs and also run at the track & have never had any issues but will say that i have had a few times i have questioned whether i was gona be able to stop But I Also know MY bike and wat MY braking abilities are. With All that said I have thought bout chroming my other caliper putting it back on cause i feel it causes my front tire to wear Uneven.. to one side?? Any Input on this theroy??

dont see any way that it could make it wear unevenly
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline $FLIP$

• Rider
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
Phil when i say uneven i mean when i took my last front tire off it looked as it was riding to one side not the center... i was just wondering if this was maybe caused by constant braking on just one side if centrifical force would cause it to eventually wear & ride to the side of the one brake rotor & caliper :!: :?: :?: :idea:   :? :?

Offline BusaMan66

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2010, 02:35:35 AM »
Is it the left or the right side?
If it's the left side, that's normal, since left turns are usually longer than the rights.
Official Site Donor

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. Rush

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2010, 03:05:43 PM »
Is it the left or the right side?
If it's the left side, that's normal, since left turns are usually longer than the rights.

+1  :thumb:

Offline $FLIP$

• Rider
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »
I dont remember guys i took it off couple months ago but i keep that in mind when i change my next one  :thumb:

Offline HellFire

• Rider
  • Turbo Busa Pilot
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »
I have been wondering about this topic for quite some time now...Me personally, i would ADD more rotors and calipers if i could...My other bike is an 08 R6 with Fren Tubo carbon lines and EBC pads...about 100lbs lighter than the Busa and i still don't think that it stops good enough...I can't imagine what my Busa with all the mods that i have done to it would feel like with just one rotor...With that said, i am gonna go ahead and order some wave rotors right now

Offline LoudFast1984

• Rider
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 01:35:23 AM »
That's very Lord Humongous  says its ok toooo run 1 brake tho ..... almost forgot about that guy i know i know its sooo 2008
It Makes The Phone Calls Go Away

Offline fastone

• Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2011, 04:03:46 PM »
1 Most remove the front rotor to drag race and save weight. This is a controlled environment with shut down room. Most then get really stupid and hang weights back on the front to stop wheeling when the bike start to make some power. so leave the usuable weight and alter the power to weight ratio by adding power
2. On the street if your insurance adjuster notice your brakes is modified they wont pay the claim and they are getting smarter when it comes to busa claims they look for a way out.
3. Your safety should be worth more than 9 pounds at the most and if your rims is more important than your safety then do what you do.
4.Braking is altered and the bike will take longer to stop on the street.
be safe guys and weigh the cons and pros it seems like a drag race usual and no one have even compared ets when they lost the rotor and caliber from on side.
have to bring a A$$ to whip a A$$!!!!