Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Servion's Autronic SM4 Standalone/RCC Stage 1 on E85  (Read 24100 times)

Offline Jam Master

• Rider
Re: Servion's Autronic SM4 Standalone/RCC Stage 1 on E85
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 02:56:58 PM »
 :|
NEVER 2 FAST

Offline servion

• Site Donor
  • Rider
    • Servion Tuning
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 03:00:31 PM »
Official Site Donor
8.61@168.9 1.47 60' - E85 stock motor gen1 streetbike
My Autronic SM4 Stage 1 build

Offline cora

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »
whats the price of the autronic sm4????

Offline servion

• Site Donor
  • Rider
    • Servion Tuning
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »
whats the price of the autronic sm4????

Its australian, so it depends on the currency conversion rate, and its been a while since I've used it.  I wanna say around 1800 USD?  You'd have to hit up an autronic dealer to be sure.  If you decide to go with Autronic SM4, let me know and I'd be happy to share info and a basemap.

I have been tuning standalone engine management systems for years, and my personal opinion on the autronic is, it is inbetween the Motec M4/M48 and the M800 as far as features goes, and it is cheaper than both.  The downside is, the support is not up to what Motec's is, and it is not popular within the bike world, so you have to be savvy enough to dive in if you have problems.  I did it all myself with some help from the people on the Autonic board and its working wonderfully!  I have the fuel system and engine management to handle 500whp+, I just need the motor now :)
Official Site Donor

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 09:29:13 PM »
Bad ass man, its mod season now! Build a motor! Are you gonna do a higher compression motor since your running e85? Put it to the test.

TURBOLAG: The split second the other guy thinks hes winning.

Offline servion

• Site Donor
  • Rider
    • Servion Tuning
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 11:03:33 AM »
Bad ass man, its mod season now! Build a motor! Are you gonna do a higher compression motor since your running e85? Put it to the test.

I'm going to leak down and compression test the motor just to see where its at, and if all is looking well I'll probably put off building the motor for another season.  Although, sometimes it has trouble going into gear on the co2 shifter - I'm wondering if ts a trans issue... if I have to go in to do trans work, I just can't see myself skipping rods, pistons and valvetrain since I'm already in there... :( LOL  Hoping the trans is just fine - its always had a very occasional problem missing a gear at the track.

After seeing the off-the-shelf pistons available, the compression ratios are definitely not an improvement... its either really high (12+) or really low (9ish).  12 is too high and 9 is definitely too low.  Seems like a lot of them require base spacers as well... not digging that idea either.  I ran 11:1 on my honda at 30psi on a gt4088r with e85 and the thing loved it.  I'd love to run 10:1, intercool it and crank the boost up......

If the motor is good and I don't have to go into the trans (not sure how I'll figure that latter part out), then I just want to do a rpm-driven lockup, maybe lengthen the WB a bit with a new chain and sprockets (18/49 or 18/50) and actually clean it up (repair and paint the fairings form the rash from the previous owner).
Official Site Donor