Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Setup help.  (Read 4498 times)

Offline jstdoit95

• Rider
Setup help.
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
So, Ive never touched my suspension, but obviously would like to get the most out of my bike in the corners.....I am 6'5 weigh about 200, the bike is stock length, raised 1" in the rear, and on 190/55's.......just curious in what I should be looking to do if anything, my busa is my first bike so I dont have a ton to compare it to, and dont really have any complaints, just not sure if I could be getting more out of it.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Re: Setup help.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:34:28 PM »
Gen 1?? Is so I would start with turning the preload on the forks all the way in. You will notice the front dont dive as hard on the brakes, and it will not wobble as much in the curves. In honesty though, you will want to have the front for springs replaced with some race techs. New seals and maybe valves, I just upped the weight of the oil and new for sprins and it helped a ton. Race tech as a calculator to help figure out what springs you want. Dont get crazy and think stiffer is better, for the streets use there street chart. To stiff a front end can be as bad as to soft. I am about 230-240 in gear and I wert the 1 kilos, was perfect, if you ever plan on track days u could do the 1 kilos but I would go a little softer if you only do streets.

With the new springs and better oil in the forks they will respond proper, aborb the bumps and not over compress. I could bottom my stock fors out at will, with ease, the use of the EBC HH pads made it very easy to do.

So start with turning the preload in, the big nut on top of the forks. Count how many turns you do, use a marker to put a dot on the top of the socket and make the dot point to something then count each time you pass it, makes it easy to put it back to stock if you dont like it. Try that for awhile and see how yah do.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Jam Master

• Rider
Re: Setup help.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »
 :thumb:
NEVER 2 FAST