Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 08-09 Hayabusa Plug and Play Gear Based Progressive Nitrous / Fuel / Ignition Co  (Read 9320 times)

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
The past week have had about 3 different guys on the dyno using the new nitrous harness.  I have made a small change to it for activation now but think these are ready to be sold  :D

Two ways to turn Nitrous On:
Option 1:  Push and Hold Mode UP Button Entire Time You Want To Spray / Window RPM / Wide Open Throttle
Option 2:  Have Toggle Switch in the On Position / Window RPM / Wide Open Throttle

Petrik's ECU Editor will allow the following, for Each Gear!
   - Adjustable % Duty Cycle (want no nitrous in 1st gear, no problem, want 50% duty cycle, no problem)
   - Adjustable Fuel Add %
   - Adjustable Ignition Retard Amount
   - Adjustable Fuel delay (have your NOS Solenoid in the tail section, and want to delay the fuel a little so you don't go instantly rich while the line builds with nitrous, no problem)
   - Adjustable Solenoid Frequency (gives the ability to tune your progressive in addition to duty cycle)
   - And soon to be worked on is ramp times for each gear to make it that much smoother transition for you large nitrous shot guys.

Now if you just want traditional 100% nitrous when you push the button or reach the set criteria with toggle switch on, no problem either, just set your duty cycle to 100% for every gear you want it in.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
 :thumb: :thumb: is the only difference in the harness that i have the toggle..??...great job greg..
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
:thumb: :thumb: is the only difference in the harness that i have the toggle..??...great job greg..

the first few i made up the toggle would only stop the nos solenoid from coming on, but fuel and ignition retard would still be added etc.  So now the toggle being flipped up is the same as physically holding the up button on the mode selector.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
so the code still needs to be deactivated to make motor passes..?
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
so the code still needs to be deactivated to make motor passes..?

No code doesn't need to be de-activated, just dont push the up button or flip the toggle switch, just make sure in the code you always flash it with TPS/RPM/BUTTON.

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
ok then, i need a new harness, and how much is it..??  and do you want your beta harness back..??
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:35:24 PM by Stocker64 »

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
stocker, just wire a toggle from ground to pin 37, thats only difference  :thumb:
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
ok, thanks...i'll do it....great job.... :thumb:

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
Moving up to next version leaving a more or less stable v2.1 to be as it is.

http://www.ecueditor.com

Name:  Hayabusa ECUeditor for K2-K7, K8- and BKing models

Version:  2.2.0.6

This is the first Alpha (alfa) version which includes gear based rampup time setting. You can define a rampup time for each gear. During transition the previous gear value is used until the current gear rampup is reached. This is tested on desktop not on a bike.  (One potential problem to watch is if the gear detects neutral between shifts when the rampup starts from zero. On desktop that does not happen, but obviously its possible with GPS sensor.)

All rampups (nitrous solenoid duty, fuel % add and ignition retard) happen currently at same rate having same starting point which is previous gear values for gears 2-6 and 0 for gear 1. The maximum is the value set for the gear at the end of the ramp time. There has been a request for fuel ramp up delay - but that is not (at least yet) implemented. Need to have some hard facts as dyno charts that this is really needed, particularly now with the ramp up time control. It can be implemented, but it is only one more parameter which can be misconfigured leading to problems.

More practical way, if you set
gear1: 50%duty and 2000ms time delay
gear2: 80%duty and 2000ms time delay
gear3: 100%dity and 4000ms time delay
the system will operate like this:  Gear1, nitrous and fuel will ramp from 0 to 50% duty in 2000ms and stay there until a gear change. After gear change the rampup will tahe gear1 values as starting point and gradually ge to the target value 80% in 2000ms. This allows the bike to better hook up the nitrous power to the ground as the power delivery "delay" i.e. rampup can be set.

The reason why I am challenging the need for fuel delay is the following:
- At 8000rpm the engine takes in around 192Litres per second
- Assuming that the airbox and intake volume is 5litres before fuel injector it takes around 26ms to to completely empty the airbox, i.e. max 3 fuel injector cycles when engine may run a bit richer.
(Above assuming I had my maths right)

I see this problem and need for fuel delay settings for engines where you have a very high hit without a rampup.

Offline Reverend Ron

• Post Master
  • I fly a starship across the Universe divide
It would be nice if there was some way that the Gen 1 ,  could be set up to use the Gear Base Nitrous & Fuel Control Settings as the Gen 2 now have .
As intelligent as  Petril and Gregg are ,  I'm willing to be they could make it happen
Ok Petril & Gregg  LET'S GET ER DONE
so us poor folks with Gen1 can play to :thnks:
O Lord please put one hand on my shoulder and the other across my mouth

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
I can tell you what the answer will be  :lol:  Petrik doesn't have the time or resources to do any gen 1 development any longer.  We need some more software brainiac motorcycle nuts, petrik has the source code published so that others could work on it if they had the desire.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Got some time today to toss it on my website
www.boostbysmith.com/ecunos2.html
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
This is mildly beefed up engine with some camming and springs etc. What was done: added a dry shot nitrous system with 2x28 jets, fuel pump upgrade to bosch pump, plugged in nitrous harness from boostbysmith, flashed the ecu and verified the results in dyno. And yes, HP scale is on the left side ;-)

Ecu flashing means settings were something like this.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:39:24 AM by PetriK »

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
PetriK, your software is the greatest thing since sliced bread  :thumb:
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com