Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen I front fork tools  (Read 5621 times)

Offline hayalbusa

• New User!
Gen I front fork tools
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »
 :?: I'm about to embark on changing the front fork oil, oil seals, & dust covers on my 2005 'busa. Does any know where I can get the necessary tools to do the job. Oh, that and any pointers or tips would be appreciated as well. :please:

Offline grtwhthntr82

• Apprentice Post Whore
Re: Gen I front fork tools
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:18:26 PM »
Yeah best tip is let someone who has done it before do it. If you don't put them in right you will have done all the work for nothing and will have to pull them all back apart.

Offline gjitsu

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
search board for changing fork seals also buy shop manual so you can see where you will be going
"100% of the shots you dont take dont go in the net"
     wayne Gretzky

Offline hayalbusa

• New User!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 03:09:20 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I think I didn't make myself clear on my post. I do have the service manual for my bike & workshop with a lift & so on & so forth. I also finished a course as a  motorcycle repair tech. There are special tools however to do the job. I did a preliminary check & so far it came out to $300 for 6 tools! OUCH!  :thnk

Offline gjitsu

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »
you can make a tool  out of theread pipe that you use to push down tube if you search you will find everything you need make tool
push down tube slip a large cut washer and unbolt air compressor impact driver also helpfull
     wayne Gretzky

Offline gjitsu

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:43:55 AM »
on extrembusa .com there is a detailed thread on how to make tools needed to change  seals and fork oil lots of pixs
     wayne Gretzky