Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: voltage from flapper valve connector???  (Read 6116 times)

Offline h311B0Y

• Rider
voltage from flapper valve connector???
« on: March 27, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
hi! can anyone tell me what is the voltage that the ecu applies to the flapper valve to make it open??
maybe it applies ground to make it open but it needs current too so thats what im tryin to know!
the voltage comming from the orange wire??

thanks a lot!!

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Re: voltage from flapper valve connector???
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »
12 volts with key on to flapper orange, it turns brown to ground to make it work, what are you trying to do?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline h311B0Y

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 10:03:50 AM »
an homemade shift light! i was trying to figure out what resistance i would need!but when the bikes running i presume its like a car so the 12v becomes highier(around14.5v with alternator for a car) thanks for the update!

btw! ive finished my interface! it looks almost just like yours! black box 2 leds 1 red 1 3 color that i put on my own pcb desing
works great with the laptop now im going to the garage to finish the rotor change and i should be able to test the data monitoring today at least!

this is great stuff guys!
thanks a lot!

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »
ill sell you one of my 4 led cluster on a powdercoated brackets with a plug and play flapper connector for $20 if you want one.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 12:02:29 PM »
Remember its good only for same amounts of current as pair valve, should not be more than 150-200mA. So it will drive a relay or led lights, but nothing more than that.

Offline h311B0Y

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »
thanks smithabusa !no offence but i do not want 4 leds but only 1!its too bright for me! so for a little 20ma green 5mm led wont take too much juice PetriK!
btw your software rocks!! i was able to see the data rpm and all! so my little black box is workin!
now i just have to find someone with a dyno that will want to work with this !!!! :?