Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: need help new motor won't run right  (Read 10641 times)

Offline jblankenship

• Rider
Re: need help new motor won't run right
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 09:23:23 PM »
yeah I hear ya'll on the ports. I got lazy because this was driving me crazy. I was getting ready to put the tbs on and thought I would snap a quick pic to post.

Anyway good news:

Took it out today and bike is running fine. Took the 16t off the front for a 17t sprocket to slow things down and put more load on the bike and to find the "problem rpm". I believe it was just the tune or the cam pin. The only other thing I found was the common hot(red/yellow) wires to the injectors were exposed at the junction between cylinders 1 and 2 and could have been arcing. Got those sealed back up and also put the air filter back in. Bike had one small hick up in 4th gear but it just drove through it. So I cut the nitrous map on and it ran fine. Made pulls in 3,4,5,6. Every gear pulled great. Hadn't even thought about how cold it was leaning it out. That's why I put the filter back in. But rode around a good hour and ran fine. So I am very happy. Now I got to get the 1000 done.

Thanks for everybodies help.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 01:13:58 AM »
Has to be started first
read dork :hys: :D

Dork is what I do, Dookie!  :lol:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline tampated

• Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »
One other thing to keep in the back of your head.   I had an issue with my 2002 doing the same thing, but it was the black housing that the internal fuel pump is connected to.  The black hard plastic housing had a real small crack in it, the fuel pump it self was fine. 
Ted....

Offline jblankenship

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 10:16:54 PM »
update on this, bike still doing it. Dead spot at 3500 as well as 8500-9500. At the track with a real load on it it just begins to buck violently in the 8500-9500 range. When on the dyno you could here the bike miss then continue pulling but the rpm signal was lost when it did it so the ecu quit sending signal to the coils. Any thoughts?

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 02:31:49 AM »
disconnect the fuel line and hot wire the fuel pump and see how much it flows.If it
flows less than 1.1L/minute your filter is blocked.I ended up drilling mine out
and filter an external inline filter.The bike pulled harder straight away.
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far

Offline jblankenship

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 05:20:40 PM »
why would that cause an rpm signal loss and make 250 hp with great a/f?

Offline busaboi09

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »
Gen: 1. Okay only pulled the head off. Squeezed the piston to head down a bit, went from 2 intake cams to 395/378 webs, and cleaned the head up a bit. And an airbox lid. When I got the cams I could tell the intake cam pin had been messed with so I reset(keep this in mind). Degreed the cams to 106/108. Bike is a little hard to start but on one freshly charged battery turns enough cold that it sounds like the bike should be firing. So I pull the plugs and their soaked with gas so I clean them and put them back in and get the bike running but had to fire it off 24v. First question is does the bike fire the injectors and the ignition coils off the the cam pin or just the the ignition coils? So I go ride it and runs fine, will idle at 1200-1250 all day. In 1-3 gears it will pull to red line no problem, 4-6 when the bike gets to 8500-9500 rpm it studders like the bikes cuts off and back on. Unless it spins then it will go to red line no problem.

Here is what I have tried: swapped fuel pumps, bypassed kick stand switch, took tre off, unhooked pc3, giving it more fuel, even tried some c16, unhooked mps kill box. My cam timing at top dead center has the intake valve bucket down .105 and exhaust down .095. Found true top dead center with a positive piston stop.

If the pin is off just slightly would that keep it from starting or cause a weak spark? Wouldn't I get an FI light immediately.

Would fouled plugs do this?
I had these same problems with my bike and found out it was as simple as the tip over sensor coming loose underneathe the gas tank.  Have you taken it off for an reason?  I'd try this first before spending any money.  The suzuki shop spent weeks trying to figure mine out and then found it and it has helped many out.

Offline jblankenship

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 07:08:59 PM »
it is completely bypassed with resistors

Offline jblankenship

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 08:15:02 AM »
My cam numbers were spot on. I started lining all the timing indicators and you could see the cam pin was not oriented to the cam position sensor correctly. I was told they were gen 1 cams, wrong! They are gen 2 cams. So I oveled out the hole in the valve cover the cam position sensor goes in and drill out the mounting holes in the cam position sensor bigger. Then I shoved it towards th front of the bike about an 1/8" and bolted it down. Problem solved.