Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Glitches after H.I.D and 32 bit ecu mod  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Camaro

• Rider
  • HAYABUSA
Glitches after H.I.D and 32 bit ecu mod
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »
I have the 99 busa. I just installed a H.I.D Head light and 32bit 04 ecu with 04 rotor. 1st). When turning key from off to on the light will sometimes come on then go straight backoff. Then if I turn the key back to off and then on again then it will come back on and warm up properly. Is this normal? 2nd). Ive noticed wired things happening with the dash. One time my speedometer was reading 140mph and I was probably doing 90mph. When I got off the highway and stopped at the stop light it was reading 40mph at a standstill. Also one time I turned the key on and the odometer had just a bunch of dashes, turned key to off and then back to on and again everything was fine. Don't know if this is due to the H.I.D or ecu mod. 3rd). Is that it some times is hard to start. Seems like only when cold. Its like its not getting gas of something. Ive tried to use the choke but that seems to make it worse. Then the more I try to start it I will hear this loud clunk. I hope that's not the starter gear. Because I have not had that break or what ever other people have had issues with the starter. Once it cranks over it runs fine.  

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Glitches after H.I.D and 32 bit ecu mod
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »
The noise is the starter clutch. Unhook the lights and see if it is different.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: Glitches after H.I.D and 32 bit ecu mod
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:21:16 AM »
I had a completely stock '06 and my HID acted the same way after a few months. On cold start no problem, but on warm starts the low beam didn't come up very often. I started turning the key on and letting it sit for about ten seconds before cranking the bike.