Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Suspension settings  (Read 6489 times)

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
  • Who doesn't love a wet pussy... Cat?
    • LinkedIn
Suspension settings
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »
I didn't see any mention of specific settings in any of the threads so I thought I'd add some info that some might find useful for whatever bike they may be riding:
http://www.sportrider.com/suspension_settings/suspension/146_suggested_suspension_settings/index.html
2003 Katana 7/12: Daily Rider
2006 Busa: "Thing 3", 1430+cc weekend bike
Suzuki GSXR 750 (multiple years): Track bike
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Re: Suspension settings
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:46:39 PM »
Settings are only a starting point, every rider feels different about how a bike responds. Sag is about the only universal, after that its adjust to feel and trust, but thanks for that link will help alot.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:45:40 PM »
The sportrider settings were much better than stock for me and gave me a good base setting to adjust from.  Right now all settings are within 1 or 2 clicks of the sportrider recommended settings to make me happy, but every one is different, so set the bike up so it feels good to you for your style of riding. :thumb:
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »
Yeah, Sport Rider isn't the gospile, it's that baseline to get you started. Like Quijinn said, your sag adjustment is the setting you want to use to set the bike up for your weight and riding style.  What I liked about the site is the info! I believe if you can learn to do it yourself why pay someone to do it? With times the way they are now people need to find every way they can to save $$! At least I need to :lol: I can't speak for the big ballers out there!
Do, Try, or Die!

Offline trunkbuster

• Rider
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 12:40:35 PM »
I Forgot to mention that the sag should be adjusted first before dialing in the settings. That will allow you to receive better feedback from the road, up through the suspension, and into your seat and hands. I ride a Katana on the streets but after setting up the suspension correctly I have more confidence in the bike and myself when I push it through the corners at a fast pace. Good tires help too! Don't cut corners by buying cheap tires, no pun intended.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:42:13 PM by trunkbuster »
Do, Try, or Die!