Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: DEAD CYLINDER  (Read 4631 times)

Offline Ripcord4

• Rider
DEAD CYLINDER
« on: April 14, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »
Ok heres the deal.  My bike just wasnt feeling right and I started thinking that it was missing on one cylinder. everyone knows that a busa will still run on three and still woop some ass on the street.  Well today I started looking into it and performed a very extensive and high tech tests. I started the bike and put my hand over the throttle bodies one at a time. Here are the results.  The bike would bog down when I covered number one through three, but when I covered number four there was no change in the way she idled.  I switched the number three and four coil but number 4 was still the bad cylinder. Could use all the help I can get thanks
05 Cowboy's blue and silver
RCC Stage One                    HKS SSQV BOV
PC III                                  Gilles Rearsets
NLR SIM                              LED Light Kit
PC Multi-Function Hub         
PC LCD

Offline FASBUS

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
Re: DEAD CYLINDER
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »
 If you had a DEAD cylinder it would run like shit....Do a leak down test... :thumb:

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:07:57 PM »
i found stuck rings on a GSXR by doing a leakdown test...best way to see if it was hitting of not would be to unplug the coill when it was running
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:36:44 AM »
spray some fuel down that cylinder,if it splutters,the injector is working
,if the revs climb,the injector is dead.Just check for spark and fuel first,then work from
there.
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far

Offline jeffplaster05busa

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 02:44:51 AM »
then feel the exaust pipe coming down from that cycl when runnin to see if it as hot as the others. if not then there you go. it would be a bad valv ex or intk .  that would be other way of knowin if dead past the gas check on injection \

Offline jeffplaster05busa

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 02:52:57 AM »
how you check what one is bad ex or intk valve is air . compression tester if dead to know what one. break a old spark plug take the innerds out of it weld a air fitting nipple on it. put in and listen to where the air is come in out. ex or top carb side.
Thats if you weld or know some one. easy way to do it. after compress tells you what one is bad. and again look at the plugs. they tell a story too. could be a simple 10,ooo ground off the tips you would be good to go.