Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hays Clutch Tuning How to step by step please post up  (Read 50133 times)

Offline Kevin Jones

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: Hays Clutch Tuning How to step by step please post up
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2016, 07:07:49 AM »

Offline Kevin Jones

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2016, 07:30:06 AM »
Street friendly single stage lockup with vids. You cannot use an OEM pack. I had 2 packs that I just threw together to get stack height. Over 200 miles tested, you cannot ease out this. You pull it in about a 1/4 way to shift and at a stoplight go ahead and almost throw it. DO NOT ease it out like a normal clutch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDJ-kzzTWFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW0B9yrXByQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzUYJ3FgQsU

Maybe 3 weights per arm would be better, I was going to try today but a vacuum leak is priority.

Offline Kevin Jones

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »
Ok so the single stage "lockup" mode of this would pull out of my hand around 5500. You cant get too wrapped up in the terminology of the mode you are running this clutch in. What I was basically doing was running a handslider without any dynamic springs thinking it was akin to an MTC single stage lock up. It worked great for the street. It was horrible for the track. I couldn't launch over 5500 as it pulled the lever out of my hand and it was an immediate clamping, which was expected. There was no way to ease out the clutch. No dynamic springs, no slip. This thing locks instantly without dynamic springs. SO, next vid is me setting up a track setup that will allow handslider mode to slip up to a desired RPM. Kind of like a multistage lockup. I will experiment with springs and washers until I get it close and basically try and get slippage from it that will net me a decent 60'. Going to use the T6 adaptor.

Offline Kevin Jones

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »
Street riding is a bad habit with this clutch. When in multi, you MUST not ease out the clutch. Its a drop it or youll cook it thing. Its hard to think about that. Full slider mode might be a safer mode for street riding guys to race with. I cooked a pack on the first pass.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 01:39:59 PM by Kevin Jones »

Offline Kevin Jones

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
Its been a while, I haven't had as much chance to experiment. I had a problem with pack burning, keeping the revs high during burnout is critical as is superconsciously flinging that lever. So far I have not been able to get enough passes to really get close. But, last launch at 6k, which is just preboost for me, and the clutch tune amazingly kept it at 6k for 330ft in 5 seconds at WOT. It didn't burn the pack. I aged a year in 5 seconds. Next step is to launch at 7k in boost, maybe 7.2 if it bogs off line. Once I get this, I will show pics of how I have it. THis tune would work well for an NA engine but mine has nothing at all, maybe 140hp maybe less with no boost with such low compression. I may increase the wheelbase length. its track only bike now and no real reason to keep at 66.