Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: new chain stretching crazy! !!HELP!!  (Read 16739 times)

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
  • [URL=http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/mike
Re: new chain stretching crazy! !!HELP!!
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
hey gjp1300 does that sigma come with a rivet type link? i hope so right, if not where did you get a tsubaki link? or what did you put there?
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »
I use a master link with the clip but you can use either one if you have access to a chain breaker tool,the open end of the clip faces opposite of the direction of chain rotation so it wont fly off,I also put a skim coat of silicone on the clip so it cant vibrate off. It will come with the rivet type,my friend I order my chains from always adds a clip type to my order,he knows I'm gonna need one.

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2010, 03:46:10 AM »
i.....in fact dont the turbo =grudge= & top racing cats run their chains SUPER tight????

why would they, its not a belt  ??
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2010, 07:54:57 AM »
been running an EK ZVX for years with 265 HP at the rear tire and no problems, got over 12k on this one and I ride hard.
Untill you give it everything you've got, you won't know if you got what it takes. Dave Schultz

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2010, 10:14:03 AM »
Busabuster how many miles on your bike? I was rereading the posts and thing that has me nervous is that you did have a problem before you put your new chain on your old chain strarted to stretch too,I missed that. I know you checked your cush drive,there are also springs in the clutch hub that get weak,my friends that Dragrace alot have had to replace them,pretty sure you'd be hearing some funky bangin noise coming from the clutch side if that was the case,thta would definitely add more shock to the drive train.I'm sure someone on here could be more specific with the symptoms of worn cush springs in the clutch hub.Just a thought.  

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »
just rolled 6000,when i changed my clutch in the winter i added brocks heavy springs! this being 4 or 5 mo ago so theyre new, i  adjusted chain and rode the busa to work today,,,,i checked chain just now when i got home & the bitch has a really tight spot...worst than before ......remember my other post when i said there was a normal tight spot ...well now its 3 times worst!! cant wait for the new chain!....so DOES the sigma come with a rivet type link or not?.....hey rice ya have you ever heard of this type of stupid chain stretching? im on like adjustment 9 or so ive lost fucking count! i know you told me it would take a bit but SHIIIIT!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:22:16 PM by busaBuster »
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »
Busabuster I'm not talking about the clutch springs for your pressure plate,theres cush springs on backside of the clutch hub,but I cant see them being weak at 6k miles.

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »
yeah its kinda messed up that this is not my beater bike ,,this is the keep clean tippin bike of course i hit it when i got to but damn ,ive been goin back  & forth swaping parts with my other busa to see if i can pinpoint the problem but no luck i guess a new chain is next.......my 07 i beat the fuck out of it ...& never an issue! NEVER just clutches & tires.....again soooooo the sigma comes with a rivet type link? lol!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:04:31 PM by busaBuster »

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »
Yes,Rivet type for god sakes,lol.

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
Do you have an extended arm, or bolt on extensions? I had a similar problem in that the chain adjustment was constantly changing because the wheel was moving in the swingarm. It appeared to be tight, but what was happening is the axle nut was going to the end of the threads in the swingarm, so the nut seemed tight, but it wasn't pushing the ends of the swingarm against the axle spacers. A washer solved this. You can tell by how your axle nut lines up with the cotter pin hole. You should just barely be able to get the cotter pin in. In my case the ends of the swingarm were just slightly thinner then the factory ones.

Take a picture of your axle if you can, the nut and how the inner spacers sit on the inside of the swingarm.

I've had the same EK chain on my dragbike for 3 years, hundreds of passes. There's nothing wrong with EK chains.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:33:31 PM by genarr3 »
Orient Express Top Street Bike 2011 Season Champ Englishtown NJ

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2010, 05:52:29 PM »
LOL gjp 1300...............im stock swingarm now i did have swngarm xtensions but took them off troubleshooting the problem ,,but it didnt fix it...i had forgotten to say  ,,,,,with the old chain,i ran my tire crooked without knowing it ,, i didnt know why the old chain was stretching ,i didnt know what it was ,,so i changed the chain to this ek thinking that the old chain was bad,thats when  i noticed i was running the tire crooked,,,so i fixed it! but it kept stretching ,with the ek  & the tire straight ,& then i looked more into it and noticed the sprket fuct!,,,I FIXED IT ,but it kept stretching with the new sprocket & the ek ..hopefully the bad sprocket fuct this ek chain when i rode on it,,,,the sprocket is now changed but the ek still stretches!!!.....after the new sprkt was installed ...it should have worked right .unless the ek got fucked that qik...sorry for bypassing this guys im so frustated with this i had even forgotten to  write it in .....i  still think that,tire straight new sprkt i shouldnt do this though..UNLESS the ek was terminally damages............ can running the tire crooked screw a chain to that point?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:00:17 PM by busaBuster »

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2010, 05:57:09 PM »
Well I think you and everyone here has covered all the possibilities,lets keep our fingers crossed that the new chain does the trick. When you gonna receive the chain?

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
i bought it friday! on the ebay they sent me an email they fuckin sent it yesterday! so maybe fri or sat

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2010, 08:14:04 PM »
aaaalllllright im back with the results,,,,took the ek off & a total of 9 pins were bent to shit close to the mater link guess that explains my problem hopefully thats the end of it...i just put the tsubaki on looks & feels tough...as for the ek ill send it to then see what happens thanx 4 everyone involved.....................................................ohhhhh=gjp13000 by the way the sigma didnt come with a rivet master link lol hahahah....i hate the clip on,i think it belongs on dirtbikes lol ,but anyways i put it on to break the chain in imma ride it easy,untill the rivet one i bought comes in thanx

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »
 :P

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »
put a layer of silicone over the clip  :thumb:

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2010, 11:47:43 PM »
i wdid altough i dont plan 2 keep it on ....man i never thpught you could warp a 10,560 chain in such a way the links go their own way and shit its screwed really ,anyways well check this sigma out imma break it in easy then when i adjust 2 or 3 times ill drop the hammer on it,,,,im kinda skeptical on new thing that ive had trouble with before....i  cant trust shit like that the same again!!!! you know what imean!..id like 2 post chain pix but they look shitty

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2010, 07:02:35 AM »
Don't baby it too much,shock it a few times with a couple of double clutching wheelies,then adjust it,you should repeat that three or for times and you should be good.

Offline busaBuster

• Rider
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »
ok tsubaki sigma experience...today...2nd gear cluth up wheelie ride it to bout 10k  shift to 3rd and feel the chain jump the sprocket and a waaa waaa waaa noise so i pull over and there it is saggin just like the ek WTF so i get home doing 20 on a crotchrocket huh??! shuda seen the old ladies in their caddilacs honking & flicking me off!, so... when i get home...check the sprockets (no missing teeth) check the chain run (no warped plates) but i do see the master link with a gap so i take it off and the fucker i bent.... now if the master bent im sure the other links bent too,,,did suzuki sell me an experiment bike with 1000hp or what thee fuuck! 2 chains bak 2 bak im really frustated with this bike maybe as much as if my son told me he was gay.... dont know what to do  thinking bout trading it in like this ....but i know i aint gonna get as near as much as i put in it...and im aware thats a dirty move wich is fuct up ...i dunno

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »
If you baby it and then shock it the chain will def get some sag and if you dont pull over and adjust it your gonna bend some pins if you keep ridin it hard,the chain is only ridin on half the teeth on the front sprocket if it has alot of sag. How much sag did you have in it,and what happened after the second adjustment?