Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: freshening the front  (Read 4538 times)

Offline slatroni

• Post Whore
freshening the front
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:23:49 PM »
Hey My seals are leaking and I need to adjust the headset bearings. Question is do I need a spring compressor to reassemble the forks? Or will I be able to do it by hand? I have done forks before, just not a Busa.
 Thanks for any help
  Steve
1397cc brocks 031 cams, APE valve springs, ported head, Muzzys 4-1 full system, PC3USB,4 short stacks, small air box mod, 40 shot of dry N2o. 3-7" extentions zzz chain. I only want to do 200 once........................

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
Re: freshening the front
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 12:09:38 AM »
Pretty sure with the cartridge style forks u need some type of compresser to work on them.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline slatroni

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:13:13 AM »
I found this on the Hayabusa.org but the pics arn't showing up, just the red X. Bummer
 Thanks
1397cc brocks 031 cams, APE valve springs, ported head, Muzzys 4-1 full system, PC3USB,4 short stacks, small air box mod, 40 shot of dry N2o. 3-7" extentions zzz chain. I only want to do 200 once........................

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »
It is a ring with a handle that screws in on each side to engage the holes in the top skirt and you just press it down
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline slatroni

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »
Cool, Thanks! I found a PDF that I down loaded.