Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Bike not ideling right after airshifter install valve ticking also louder  (Read 5655 times)

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
I have a 1441 air shifter was allready installed but i decided to solder wires to coils instead of scotchlocks. After I started bike up was running funny oil pressure gauge was bouncing like crazy and was a hesitation problem when i would hold throttle at steady rpm the bike was  bucking back in fourth. when i would get off throttle and grab clutch coming to a stop bike would kill. So i changed plugs yesterday and started bike up samething except valves sound like they were ticking a lot louder than normal so i shut it down.The valves were always noisy but seemed allot louder yesterday.

Offline 003busa

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
Check all the lines to the airbox,  I had one unpluged and it didnt want to run..
How did the bike run before you messed w/ the airshifter??
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:35:25 PM by 003busa »
03 Ultra kit RCC Turbo..
7.80 @188 MPH
08 Busa..
8.12@169  ALL MOTOR!!

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Pull the pan and Check the oil pan for gold flakes....that may not be a valve you hear ticking. Motor might be gettign tight getting ready to pitch a rod through your cases.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
I pulled the pan no signs of gold flakes or bearing material.

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
are you positive the coils plugs are on the right coils? normally the bike will barely run if one is swapped, but worth a shot to look it over.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
are you positive the coils plugs are on the right coils? normally the bike will barely run if one is swapped, but worth a shot to look it over.
not positive can you explain how can i know what coil wires go to what plugs

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Honestly I don;t know exactly. One of my coil wires still had the factory number label on it and I caught it. I am sure the wires are different colors for each coil. Service manual should have it in the electrical schematic.

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
update I pulled the pan and pickup cleaned it all out nothing inside. put fresh oil and filter cranked back up same loud noise let bike warm up for a minute and noise started to quiet down like she normal ran any ideas what this could have possible been.

Offline Chang9881

• New User!
Honestly I don;t know exactly. One of my coil wires still had the factory number label on it and I caught it. I am sure the wires are different colors for each coil. Service manual should have it in the electrical schematic.
[/quot]
hey guys...I am new to this forum. but jsut thought I should also think about this busa issue..spark leakage can be the culprit. I mean either near to spark plug at spark plug cap or near to main ignition coil..
coz spark make tickeling noise. when the bike starts. keep one screw driver near to plug cable end but don't hold the steel part only hold handle otherwise you mihgt get electricuted. if you see the spark is passing through the screw driver to the engine body then you know wot you have to do..just my penny..