Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Tiger Racing Spring Give-Away  (Read 53194 times)

Offline todd v smith

• Post Whore
  • just call me the bounty hunter
    • smittysracing.com
Re: Tiger Racing Spring Give-Away
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
I think a 7/8 bar clamp with helmet hook and removable laptop stand would  be great I uses your laptop stand now but i see alot of guys using boxes ect on the jr.s
I have a laptop table so I dont need to win but I love it and am using it as we type in the garage and will be using it at the track tomarrow wish me luck
 Thanks for all the help tiger racing has given me in the last 3 years I have every product made for a zx 14 and have no complaints .
camera mounts x2
                                                                                             THANKS AGAIN TODD SMITH
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:47:18 PM by todd v smith »
sponsors
tiger racing
schnitz racing
Colby Adams
vortex

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 10:34:37 PM »
As funny as we are about things in needing more places to put things when we are not using them,,, would a second layer or shelf with a recess below the table be a good idea for the laptop table? Maybe a GenII table? And how about a storage loop for hanging it on a wall when not being used, assuming it collapses and folds flat.
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline obie01

• New User!
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 04:46:49 AM »
Front and rear axle sliders for 2008 + Hayabusa
Bypass the power restriction form  1st to 3rd gear without losing gear shift icon selection icon on the dash
bypass 299km limiter reprogram kit for ECU without losing A and B maps modes and C mode changed to max power non restricted mode

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 03:13:46 PM »
man, you guys are going to keep me busy all year making you these new things.  Some of you have already bought your new laptop tables directly from me and I really appreciate it.  But I am going to take your advice and install a locking thumb bolt to keep the table top hooked to the mount plate so that it doesn't slide off prematurely when disassembling the table.  All great ideas for sure.  Thanks, and I just took a moment to look thru my folder here and I see that I give away a lot of stuff.  Hope my wife doesn't see this.  Oh well, isn't that what life is all about, giving back?

Guy
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:17:14 PM by 2fast4u2c »
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline Coryonbusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
You're one of a kind Guy! Thank you for all you do!!!  :thumb:  :woot:

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »
You're one of a kind Guy! Thank you for all you do!!!  :thumb:  :woot:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »
Economical, foldable (or somehow reducable for storage) tool to measure swingarm pivot to rear axle distance on each side for wheel alignment. Most versions are bulky and >$65.

Undertail that caters to extended bikes and increases the underseat volume to be able to install 2 batteries, or battery and datalogger or power commander, microtech, etc so that access to these items does not require extended tailsection removal.

Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 07:23:36 PM »
Economical, foldable (or somehow reducable for storage) tool to measure swingarm pivot to rear axle distance on each side for wheel alignment. Most versions are bulky and >$65.

Undertail that caters to extended bikes and increases the underseat volume to be able to install 2 batteries, or battery and datalogger or power commander, microtech, etc so that access to these items does not require extended tailsection removal.

The rear axle distance tool is something I have already done and just haven't finished the CAD, I guess I better get on the stick.

the undertail with space should be pretty easy to do with extended tails.  How deep do you think i should make them since the wheel will be out?  I'm thinking a dropped section directly under the normal hump area?

Guy

Official Site Supporter

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »
The rear axle distance tool is something I have already done and just haven't finished the CAD, I guess I better get on the stick.
the undertail with space should be pretty easy to do with extended tails.  How deep do you think i should make them since the wheel will be out?  I'm thinking a dropped section directly under the normal hump area?
Guy
Actualy  I was referring to directly behind the battery area. There is a cross bar on the subframe, but if it could somehow be worked around it would be great. I believe the Motorhead undertails had greater volume in this area.

As for the laptop table, I received mine and noticed it was a little "shakey". Not that it would have had any issues holding a laptop, but I slightly modified mine as follows:
I used a small dead blow hammer and tightened the gap up where the top interfaces with the flat portion on the stand. I also wrapped a few wraps of electrical taps around the vertical tube at the lower triangulated leg brace interface. possible making the hole in the lower "triangle" smaller would tighten up the "play" a bit. Also, a few of the rivets were fairly loose. I tightened them up a bit with a pair of chanel locks.

Perhaps a mounting kit for extended tails woudldbe a good product for Tiger Racing as well. Always needed and could likely be made very cheaply.

Maybe an AMS 1000 mount on top of the triple clamps. I copied ZX-Alan's for mine. Two simple strips with a few holes and bends.

John
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
Maybe an AMS 1000 mount on top of the triple clamps. I copied ZX-Alan's for mine. Two simple strips with a few holes and bends.

:thumb:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline smcleod007

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 12:27:46 PM »
 :twisted: I would like a new holographic Tiger Racing decal that the eyes would follow you as you walk around the bike.  :twisted:

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
:twisted: I would like a new holographic Tiger Racing decal that the eyes would follow you as you walk around the bike.  :twisted:
:hys: that would look good on my beer fridge in the garage.

TURBOLAG: The split second the other guy thinks hes winning.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »
Here's some easy ones that are in line with the type of materials and production techniques you've normally used.

Camera mount platforms to mount from various points on the bike.  POV recording is really taking off with the GoPro stuff these days.  Most cameras use a 1/4" bolt from the tripod to mount.  You may, or may not want to include that part.  A sturdy flat surface would allow for some home "engineering" to actually mount the camera.

--  universal mount that bolts under the mirror using the same (or extended?) mirror mount bolts.
--  Universal mount using the grab bar bolts and sticking out the side, or even across the top of the passenger seat.
--  Front axle mount:  Rod goes through the front axle with rubber spacers, kept from spinning by hex insert on the right side, a nut or compression clamp on the left side
--  Steering stem hole mount.

One more-  a variation of your tiger trunk that has the hooks and latch, but maybe just a bunch of flat surfaces inside to mount various doodads that we're all so fond of.  The wires coming in and out can be the buyers problem, but something like an SB-6 or LMA-3 can simply be unplugged from the harness, so those could me mounted in the hump in a pinch.  Will leave room for hairspray under the hump.   :thumb: 

:thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »

Me too.
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 04:49:24 PM »
I redesigned the laptop table V-2.0 and it w  The dead blow hammer would be expensive to ship withill now have a thumb nut to lock the table to the mount plate.  Thanks guys, great ideas.  the dead blow hammer would be expensive to ship with each table.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline CodyWilliams

• New User!
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2010, 09:39:12 PM »
i made a piece that bolts on the inside of the subframe to keep dirt, ect. out of the tail section. I have my bottle on one side and the air compressor mounted on the other side of the subframe. Still have the template if ya want it.  (08 busa btw)

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2010, 05:10:57 AM »
Yes please and pics

I'll name it after you
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2010, 12:50:07 PM »
I guess no one has any more ideas and this contest is alomost done.  Admin will pick the winners when Springtime ends and summer begins.  I already have the new shorty chain guards in the works and the new tire adjuster bar almost ready for 2nd prototype for me to check.  I'm responding with your ideas as fast as I can get to them.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 08:15:09 AM »
Today is the last day of spring and your last chance to get into the Tiger Racing Spring Give-Away contest.

ADMIN will post the winners here in the next few days but the entry for this contest ends at Midnight tonight.

thanks again for everyones ideas.  Just to let you know, The laptop suggestion will be applied to your winning Laptop Tables.
It is called V. 2.0 and has the locking thumb nut installed.

Thanks again to all who participated and keep watching the Tiger Racing Website for your ideas to become products in the upcoming months.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 04:11:35 PM »
I made  a hollow "brick" that fits under the stock plastics ans  you can add and remove lead shot to as needed...pretty neat
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 09:05:18 AM »
The names are going in the SuzukiHayabusa.org hat!
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 09:08:57 AM »
The winners are:

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:39 AM »
XCLR82XTC

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
NeoBusa

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 09:10:07 AM »
CyberAngel