Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Leathers???  (Read 52830 times)

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
Re: Leathers???
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2009, 04:58:20 PM »
damn alan,  you're getting fat.  :P

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2009, 05:19:39 PM »
damn alan,  you're getting fat.  :P

Shud up fukker, its just a fuel tank for the love machine. :D

Seriously, I need to start cutting weight though, I need to drop 10lbs before the Mile at the end of March.   I say that as I pull through the Whataburger drive through.... :lol:
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 06:07:15 PM »
 :lol:

Offline signal9

• Rider
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2009, 12:42:00 AM »
I dont know if it helps anyone, I dont wanna spend over 1k on leathers but our local tracks are getting more strict.  Alpinestars sells some v-twin pants that are over the boot cut and can attach to their jackets.   still ends up costing 7-800 though.

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2009, 09:26:38 AM »
My Spartan Leathers just came in - they're really nice!  Stretch panels in the knees, crotch, elbows.  Brass zippers on the sleeves, it seems really well built.

For some reason they came out the wrong color, but the guy has offered to replace them free of charge.  :thumb:

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2009, 09:57:24 AM »
I picked up my leathers yesterday also.  I had my cheapy taiwan pants tailored and HD brass zippers added by a local boot shop, they did a great job....Added a 340* zipper around the waist to zip to my Vanson, new zippers in the crotch etc....Did a great job for $150....they pretty much fit me perfect, are thin leather, minimal padding, over the boot fit and very loose in the legs... Perfect for drag racing...  I won't get to try them out until the Tx Mile at the end of the month but they are pretty comfy... :thumb:

Offline TrackRat

• Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
I picked up my leathers yesterday also.  I had my cheapy taiwan pants tailored and HD brass zippers added by a local boot shop, they did a great job....Added a 340* zipper around the waist to zip to my Vanson, new zippers in the crotch etc....Did a great job for $150....they pretty much fit me perfect, are thin leather, minimal padding, over the boot fit and very loose in the legs... Perfect for drag racing...  I won't get to try them out until the Tx Mile at the end of the month but they are pretty comfy... :thumb:

where did you get the pants from?

Living the dream.......One round at a time!

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2009, 08:59:34 AM »

I got them off ebay..... I will try to find a link.   They are cheapo taiwan pants but for drag racing, they will work real well....I wouldn't want to crash in em though...actually, I think the leather is decent quality, but the zippers, the stitching etc all suck.  Hang tight, I will find the link for you...

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2009, 01:28:52 PM »

http://www.topgearleather.com/c=nAjOEOUKxwoBckNTZZrpD98vL/product/407F/VPilot_Style_Motorcycle_Leather_Pants.html

I'll tell you now, the zippers suck. I broke the crotch zipper on the first trip out.....also, the waist is sized very tight.  Go up about 2 sizes over your regular pant size to get close.  I normally wear about a 32-33" waist(33 really fits better cause I'm a heavy hitter now), first I ordered a 34" and I couldn't even get it to snap, then I ordered a 36" and instead they sent me a 38".  It was way big but I kept it....I just recently had about 2" taken out of em.  I think they will be decent for racing...The zippers are the weak point. I had brass zippers installed on mine.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:33:56 PM by ZX-ALAN »

Offline TrackRat

• Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2009, 05:09:36 PM »

http://www.topgearleather.com/c=nAjOEOUKxwoBckNTZZrpD98vL/product/407F/VPilot_Style_Motorcycle_Leather_Pants.html

I'll tell you now, the zippers suck. I broke the crotch zipper on the first trip out.....also, the waist is sized very tight.  Go up about 2 sizes over your regular pant size to get close.  I normally wear about a 32-33" waist(33 really fits better cause I'm a heavy hitter now), first I ordered a 34" and I couldn't even get it to snap, then I ordered a 36" and instead they sent me a 38".  It was way big but I kept it....I just recently had about 2" taken out of em.  I think they will be decent for racing...The zippers are the weak point. I had brass zippers installed on mine.

Cool thanks-- I will look at them. I ve been looking for some pants fro the same reason as you--I dont like the tappered leg of race suits and the other leathers are just to much for me right now.The Joe rocket Pro street pants may be an otion if I can get some feed back on the sizing  :thumb:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:15:03 PM by TrackRat »

Living the dream.......One round at a time!

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
  • South Florida, West Palm Beach
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010, 02:19:39 AM »
bump for a great thread!  :thumb: i love this place!
The Pigeonmobile!

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
  • South Florida, West Palm Beach
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »
My Spartan Leathers just came in - they're really nice!  Stretch panels in the knees, crotch, elbows.  Brass zippers on the sleeves, it seems really well built.

For some reason they came out the wrong color, but the guy has offered to replace them free of charge.  :thumb:

so how are these doing? were they as good as you thought? i'm looking at a 2pc Force armored suit. laying out some coin (about $900), but if they are as good as they're supposed to be, it will be worth it. not too bad for a fully custom, mid-line race suit that i can wear the jacket to ride in every day, without having to buy a separate race jumper.
The Pigeonmobile!