Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Any HeavyHitters try any good diets lately  (Read 21762 times)

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
Any HeavyHitters try any good diets lately
« on: May 11, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
Looking to see if they are anything out there worth giveing a shot.

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
Re: Any HeavyHitters try any good diets lately
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:49:20 PM »
lean meat with alot of baked chicken and fish..with veggies . i lost 19 lbs . and plenty of cardio.    :thumb:  :thumb:
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »
4 frosted honey buns before bed...   :hys:
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:34:56 AM »
lean meat with alot of baked chicken and fish..with veggies . i lost 19 lbs . and plenty of cardio.    :thumb:  :thumb:

That really is a good combo. Watch the White anything- White flour products, white sugar. Stay with live or fresh food. Buy food at an open market for your meal today! Stay away from preservatives. Know what you are consuming so as to how much you need to burn off. Plenty of RAW fruits and vegetables. Get a juicer.

DO some sort of cardiovascular activity - short brisk walks (weight bearing exercise), bicycling outside or stationary with a cadence indicator, running in place, swim laps in a pool (also weight bearing exercise).

Add yoga & free weights to build endurance and stamina. It pumps air to your brain. And that can't be bad.

Don't forget that the cool-down is as important as the warm-up. STRETCH - but, DO NOT overly stretch so as to pull muscles or tendons and cause injuries. Use simple breathing techniques to relax your thoughts and mind into more limber and freer movement. Positive mental imagery is understated.

Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Power bars to re-energize. Fresh air to live!

Stop smoking today!

Challenge yourself!  :arrow: www.livestrong.com

Smile, this ain't no dress rehearsal, baby! This is your life, make the best of what you got!  :wink:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Coryonbusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 04:53:00 AM »
I have gone from 245 to 219 in the past 2 months and all I've done is changed the way and how much I eat. Basically speeding up my metabolism.

6am - Fruit/protein shake
10am - Lunch - Whatever I want, just a small (kid size) portion of it.
2pm - Salad w/house Italian
6pm - Supper - Again, whatever I want, just a small (kid size) portion of it.

I haven't really exercised other than some doctor prescribed stretches and crunches in the mornings.
I do have chocolate cravings though! And I give in but don't overdo it. :thumb: :D

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:13:13 PM »
I cut 20lbs just by cutting out sodas completely.  100 days or so without a single soda!

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »
I cut 20lbs just by cutting out sodas completely.  100 days or so without a single soda!

Good for you, Patrick!  :thumb:

Not to mention that sugar assimilates into fat cells,,, "soda" KILLS CALCIUM! Thinking that taking Calcium supplements while continuing to consume soda is basically like tossing cash in the street. They cancel out. The body remembers all throughout our lives. We need calcium to prevent osteoporosis. 
-Chris

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:59:43 PM »
I have lost 26lbs in less then 3months eating 3meals a day and lots of fruit and water and gone to the gym 3-4 times a week,Problem is I want on vacation for a week and can not get my self motivated again to get back to the gym.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:16:26 PM by bigbill1300 »

Offline Coryonbusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I wanna get back in the gym too, just can't get motivated to do so.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »
Have a near death experience or visit a hospital ICU ward. You will find inspiration.
-Chris

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »
Well, Finally got back in the gym today only saw a 2lb gain from vacation  :twisted: time to start working hard again.

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 08:02:13 AM »
this seefood and liquid diet has been doin purdy good for me

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 05:50:13 PM »
Well I am down 30lbs in 3months I lost 7lbs last week after getting wisdom teeth pulled. :thumb:

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:10 AM »
I started at 218 in April and right now I'm 183. I've probably only worked out 5 times total. it's all in how I eat. first I cut out the soda and if I crave something i have a low carb monster energy it's only 20 cals. then my eating looks like this
5.45 am ceral or oatmeal with some sort of fruit
9.00 am low fat 80 cal yourgut and a piece of string cheese or some almonds or a fiber one bar. Ikinda of switch it up
12.00 slim fast shake or some sort of smaller sandwhich lick turkey  or a small chicken breast
3:00 some kind of friut and a few almonds
6:00 what ever we are having for supper I just keep the portion size down. instead of my normal 8 tacos I have 2 or 3. instead of a whole 16oz steak I have half and the half for lunch the next day. it's all about portion size. we all have gotten to use to super size this or all can eat. 
I'm dropping now about 2 lbs a week and it's still going. I never thought I would see 180's again and now it looks like 179 is in reach! I'm also 6'3. I feel so much better I can't even explain.
2008 Busa

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »
I didn't see this post till now but here is an update on what I decided to try and still doing.

Ok. Here is what I started with about 15 days ago. I was 280lbs with just underwear. 15 days later, I am at 255lbs. That's 25lbs at this moment. In a another 10days I should be down to about 245lbs. This could be a loss of 35lbs in less than a month.

Anyone interested on how it is being done? And no I am not in the Hospital or did I cut a limb off or starving myself........well maybe one of these but it works and I feel fine right now.

Ask me how.

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 07:35:58 PM »
dam let me know i am down 38 lbs but it has been a long 3 1/2 months so how are you doing it.

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 08:06:12 PM »
Well, I don't normally just do diets to lose weight but a combo of better foods and exercise. Well, because I needed to lose weight and I wanted to do it fast, I can't really workout good as I will be having som surgeries done on my hand and a mild thing on my back. So, I found this diet through an old HS friend who didn't really need to lose weight but did it for his wife who is a Fitness and Nutrionists for the past 15 years. He went from 215lbs to 185lbs in 21 days and without picking up weights and little to no cardio(He has to stay in good shape as he is a Firefighter). This sparked my interest.

There are obviously a ton of different diets out there and some work and some work but not permanently. I feel most diets fail because of failure to follow it to the tee or they work but bad eating habits come right back. This one is a very strict diet but it is really designed to teach and train yourself to eat sensibly and discover what foods your body can or cannot handle with gaining weight back after the "Diet" period is over.

It's called the HCG diet. Look it up. Just like every diet out there, skepticism is high as usual. The part that freaks people out is the fact that this is a VLCD........?

Very Low Calorie Diet. We are talking 500 calories a day for 23 days. Sounds ridiculous I know but you need to read up on it and read it several times. I would also look for all the reviews you can find on it.

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 08:12:06 PM »
You can wait till I am finished or on the phase where I will be back to eating normal calorie intake. About 10 days from now. I am documenting everyday on what, when, where and how the diet is doing. I will also be writing an article on my experience with this diet.

Let me just tell you this. After 2 weeks, I actually feel very good and have plenty of energy for everyday activities. Since I have Sleep Apnea and have to sleep with a CPAP, the past 2 days without the CPAP, I slept pretty decent. The last time I lost weight the normal way, I almost did not need the CPAP at all.

I am doing this for my health as I now have High Blood Pressure. So for the rest of my life I want to be at about 190lbs. I think I can reach that goal by next year January.

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 08:28:35 PM »
Great keep me posted  :thumb:

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 08:45:34 PM »
This is essentially a 9 week diet. 3 weeks on 500 cals, 3 weeks eating normal around 1500-2000 cals without starches and sugars and 3 weeks the same and slowly re-introducing starches and sugars. On the last 6 weeks you everyday your weight has to be monitored as any fluctuation more than +/- 2 lbs., you have to adjust the diet slightly. This is where it should help teach you what foods you body can process without gaining weight.

I'll keep you posted

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »
UPDATE:

34lbs in 23 days.

On my last day of the low cal part I got a bug or something and was sick for a few days. Not from the diet I assure you as my wife who is not dieting got the same thing 2 days before me. Anyhow, I am doing fine and the weight loss has stayed about the same. I am now in the gym trying to firm up a bit and then I will hit it harder and hope to lose another 20lbs but gain muscle of course. So hopefully by December I will have lost 70lbs or so.

Steve

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb: Great job steve thats awesome i have been looseing a consistant 2lbs a week I am down 42lbs now and around 5 months.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:16:12 PM by bigbill1300 »

Offline magus

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Zenaku Racing
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
looking forward to see if it stays off!

I've hit a new max of 240lbs   I cant breath when im crouched down and my gut is embaressing....    I used to be in pretty good shape but fucked my arm up and cant realy lift anymore.    I tryed jogging a few months ago but the I screwed up my ankle. 

I've done diets before and allways gained more than I lost back...

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »
I am still at 250lbs right now and it has been about the same. I have been eating anything I want lately but being in the gym has helped. Keeping the calorie count at a reasonable level helps a lot but if you continue to eat high fatty foods, it will not matter IMHO.

I believe in reading labels until you get use to knowing what foods have what and at what serving size. Calorie intake is very important but Fat and Carb counts will help you lose weight.

As usual, exercise and a well balanced low fat diet will always give good results. Of course you have always heard, it's a lifestyle change.

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 05:15:16 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb: I am down 48lbs now gone on 6 months of eating right and working out 5 times a week.