Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: shop  (Read 8813 times)

Offline magus

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Zenaku Racing
shop
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »

Still got alot to do... I have already added a 10 x 20 store front. and will be adding another 8x20 section to the side for tool storage and aircompressor.

still looking for a tig welder I want to do aluminum... so many options to choose from so little money left lol.
 I'm thinking about putting a carport out back that I can close in and use for a paint booth.

Offline timhays

• Rider
  • First Pro Street Bike Clutch in the 6 Second Zone
Re: shop
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »
Nice,,we are doing some construction at our shop as well,the biggest problem is the contractors,been thru 3 plumbers and still dont have a rough in.

Offline magus

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Zenaku Racing
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:50:28 AM »
no contracters plumbers or electricians here.  I had a company pour the slab.  Other than that I did everything with my own two hands.   at times I had one or two ppl to help me hold something up while I got it where I wanted it.  In the pic  thats my dad he used his tracktor for a make shift scafold, my mom was the gofor. not in pic my gf helpin with paint, and my daughter.  It took me way too long to build it because it was all out of pocket. 

It's not the biggest but i built it, it's solid, and It's 100% paid for.

I just scored a 40' steel container with lights already in it. will make for nice storage
after I fix the floor in it.

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »
Congrats .......looks great
 :tu:

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

Offline timhays

• Rider
  • First Pro Street Bike Clutch in the 6 Second Zone
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
sweet,yes im out of pocket as i go too,which is why its taking soo long,unfortunately i have to pull permits on everything

good luck.

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 01:01:05 AM »
Very nice. Congratulation  :tu:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline magus

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Zenaku Racing
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 09:21:44 AM »
Finally!  the concrete guys poured my new pad so I can expand the shop.  only took them 4 months  :eek:

the new side will be for welding.  I picked up a millermatic 252 and a water cooled dynasty 300 havn't had much time to mess with the tig yet but the mig is so much better than the last pos I had.
  I've also built a paint booth with a positive pressure system it's not huge but I can just fit a quad cab truck in to paint.

just saw tims old post about having to pull permits...  I had permits and inspections on everything, just because I did it myself does not mean I got to skip the processes