Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fuel Gauge Problem  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Loki1973

• New User!
Fuel Gauge Problem
« on: June 17, 2010, 04:40:44 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the site, but I've had an '08 Busa for the last couple of years.

I've had a problem with my fuel gauge since I got my bike.

When I turn the ignition on and the gauges start up, every now and then the fuel needle flips up (like it is supposed to), and then promptly goes down to "empty" and will not register the fuel level.

If I flip the ignition off and on again enough times, the gauge will start functioning properly.

I don't think the problem is with the gauge itself, because my instrument panel was replaced by a dealership when my odometer crapped out at 1,700 miles, and the problem happened on the original instrument panel as well as on the new panel.

I've taken it to the dealership twice now, and they failed to replicate the problem (damn gauge would not act up at the dealership), and say that there is nothing wrong with it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Loki1973

I wish I could figure out how to post pics, but here is what I have done to my ride so far:

'08 Busa / 2Bros full ex / Scorpio SR-i900 / Corbin saddles / HiD lights / Muzzy fans / Powerlets / SpeedoHealer / custom TRE / PCIII USB and Autotune unit / Givi luggage / custom 800 watt stator / airbox mod / WWB ceramic bearings / Tiger chain guard / Convertibars / mirror extensions / Garmin Zumo GPS with bluetooth / Adaptiv radar detector / Laminar Lip windscreen / billet kickstand / Vortex sprocket 41 tooth / APE shift shaft / Pingel electric quickshifter / Factory Pro billet velocity stacks / custom cams / custom gas tank paint / oil baffle / oil pump / high volume oil gear / frame sliders / braided lines / Autocomm communications / Pazzo levers / Tiger Racing cannards / Throttlemeister /  ****!!!!THANK YOU TO "WITCHDOCTOR" DAVE LANIGAN AT SPEEDDEALER MOTORS IN SEATTLE FOR THE BUILD AND TUNE!!!!****