Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Transmission removal  (Read 8402 times)

Offline hellrazor3114

• Rider
Transmission removal
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »
Ok everyone I have a 2005 Busa, and the trans is starting to pop outa second.  From what I have serched I find that I need to have the transmission undercut.  Is there a way to remove the transmission with out pulling the engine.  I have the factory manual but cant seem to tell.  If so are there any good walkthrews that anybody knows of

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
Re: Transmission removal
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »
If its popping out of gear your going to need both sides of 2nd gear, under cutting won't fix the damage it just helps keep the damage from happening.

You have to pull the engine and tip  it upside down to work on the trans.
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline hellrazor3114

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:48:42 AM »
thanks for the info I just reread how I described the problem and I typed it wrong.  What It is doing is sliiping under load in second gear when I get on the throttle it just kinda slips then grabs.  But only in second

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 08:34:05 AM »
Yup....you'll need gears and make sure to check forks and might as well put the hd shafts.....sponsor on here has them for super cheap and good insurance
 :thumb:

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
Yup....you'll need gears and make sure to check forks and might as well put the hd shafts.....sponsor on here has them for super cheap and good insurance

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rice Ya

• Legacy Rider
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »
You have a bent shift fork and depending on how long it has been doing it you will need 2nd and 6th driven gears and new shift forks. I would get the tranny backcut while its out and put in the billet shift shafts. You can change the forks with the motor in the bike if you are experienced enough. You will have to pull the exhaust, oil pan, complete clutch ass, sprocket cover, water pump, and gear shift cover to change them out.
SAE Performance (site sponsor) has the shift shafts.
I have had great luck, prices, and turn around time with MRE on the tranny work.
RonAyers.com for the forks
Untill you give it everything you've got, you won't know if you got what it takes. Dave Schultz

Offline hellrazor3114

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »
OK now I know what I have to look forward to.  Is there any special tools anyone would recommend to do this.  I have rebuilt SB Chevy engine and can do just about any kinda of car work, just haven't tackled something like this before

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 02:44:23 PM »
Normal tools is all you'll need.....besides maybe some gaskets and you'll need case sealer

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

Offline hellrazor3114

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »
ok I emailed roneyers, and asked him about the forks and gears and this was his response

Hi Kevin,

I've heard of pople doing this, but I'm not exactly sure of the parts you would need.  Would these be the drive or the driven gears for 2nd and 6th?  Unfortunately the fiche doesn't tell us which shift fork is for what gear, only that there is 2 that are the same and one that is different.

So witch gears and witch forks

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 01:47:38 PM »
take the motor out, flip it upside down and pull the bottom case, take the trans out and see exactly what gears are damaged. same thing with the forks. then you will know what you need. anything that is said on here is just guessing at what you will actually need when its all said and done.

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 04:32:25 PM »
OK now I know what I have to look forward to.  Is there any special tools anyone would recommend to do this.  I have rebuilt SB Chevy engine and can do just about any kinda of car work, just haven't tackled something like this before

Save your self money and frustration "RonAyers.com" I know bike mechanics that ship their stuff to him.