Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: exhaust question  (Read 3201 times)

Offline jdmfreakcrx

• Rider
exhaust question
« on: July 03, 2010, 10:03:58 PM »
Hey guys, i have a question that most of yall can prob answer quite easily.  Ok, I had some cut offs on my bike, it was pretty much, header, a little cut off (with a baffle) in it then... nothing. The cut out came out right under the driver peg, just to give yall an idea how short it was.  Ok, well, one has been a little loose and i have been meaning to tack it onto the header (figured next exhasut would be a full one, so i didnt care bout welding it. well, Thursday i was riding to bike night at hooters and you guessed it, the loose one came off.  It came off on the interstate and i have no idea that it fell off.  my question is, I bought a set of tips from advance, (to hold me over until i can get the money to get a pipe) the question I have is, these tips do not have any baffles in them, will this be ok? Its like running straight header to a 9 inch tip, with no baffles, pretty much straight pipe.  Is this going to hurt the motor at all? I dont know if it matters but it is on a 2000 busa

Offline jdmfreakcrx

• Rider
Re: exhaust question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 01:09:07 AM »
nada?

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 01:59:06 AM »
Turbo's run straight dumps. You can too! Difference is is that they are mapped properly. You are not.

If you are cool with it and it isn't giving you to much trouble, I am sure that you will be able to make it through until you get a new pipe. If you are running the stock ECM with no changes, it might back fire on heavy load down-shifts, but be easy on it, it shouldn't cause any harm short term. Long term, you may run into fouling issues or burnt valves.
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline jdmfreakcrx

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:09:17 PM »
yeah i was worried about the valve thing, yeah im taking it easy havent been above 7k on it since.  yeah it backfires, but not too bad, I dont like the fact that there is not much back pressure.  I have run straight downpipe on a turbo car, but on an all motor application, i wasnt too sure how friendly it is to the motor.  thanks, I hope i will have enough cash to get my exhaust straight next week, thanks