Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: DreamRyder Crash  (Read 18952 times)

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
DreamRyder Crash
« on: July 04, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »
From Dragbikelive.com . . .

Eunice DreamRyder Parrish,a popular pro street racer and the class’s only woman rider has crashed while testing/racing Friday night July 2nd 2010  at Milan raceway in Michigan. Initial reports coming in indicate the bike and rider went down at the finish line. Additional reports are she is being transported by ambulance to local hospital. Injury’s are not reported to be life threaten.

Dragbike Live will bring you more once story develops.  First and foremost we wish her a speedy recovery!

UPDATE: July 3rd 2010

Reports coming in as of 2.30am eastern standard time. She has  left the hospital, a cat scan was good and arm is in a sling and hand is wrapped up till she can see her doc at home. Her leathers were cut off and helmet is toast but they did their job protecting her.No word on the bike.

http://dragbikelive.com/news/archives/1079
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:07:40 PM by genarr3 »
Orient Express Top Street Bike 2011 Season Champ Englishtown NJ

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: DreamRyder Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 12:38:27 PM »
Eunice DreamRyder Parrish,a popular pro street racer and the class’s only woman rider has crashed while testing/racing Friday night July 2nd 2010  at Milan raceway in Michigan. Initial reports coming in indicate the bike and rider went down at the finish line. Additional reports are she is being transported by ambulance to local hospital. Injury’s are not reported to be life threaten.

Dragbike Live will bring you more once story develops.  First and foremost we wish her a speedy recovery!

UPDATE: July 3rd 2010

Reports coming in as of 2.30am eastern standard time. She has  left the hospital, a cat scan was good and arm is in a sling and hand is wrapped up till she can see her doc at home. Her leathers were cut off and helmet is toast but they did their job protecting her.No word on the bike.

http://dragbikelive.com/news/archives/1079

Glad to hear she's not too banged up(and hope the bike's not either).

Get well soon E. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Competitive Edge Racing Cylinder Heads

• Mad Post Whore
  • We Makem Go-Fast!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 01:07:59 PM »

:shock:     :shock:      Hope 4 a Speedy Recovery!!!!!!!!!   Heard, she was on NEMS Bike??????  & The Shinko Came off the Rim was the Cause?????? Same things happened too Ken Edwards on NO JOKE?????   :(     :(   
Official Site Shop
New best 6.87 @ 193 MPH    

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »

:shock:     :shock:      Hope 4 a Speedy Recovery!!!!!!!!!   Heard, she was on NEMS Bike??????  & The Shinko Came off the Rim was the Cause?????? Same things happened too Ken Edwards on NO JOKE?????   :(     :(   
Yep that's what I heard also, Nem's bike and tire came off the rim at 1000' - Shinko hookup.

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »
Damn, thats no good news  :shock:

Get well soon E  :thumb:

Mikey
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline dave393

• Rider
  • southcentral MN
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »
Hope all is well, sending prayers your way.
Interstate Junction Motorcycles ,Minnesota .
 Ward Performance Head and cams 445/415

New Best 1/8 mile  4.90 et  152 mph , 7.54, 184.77

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
I thought she quit racing.  I hope shes ok.

Offline Dan.J

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »
Glad your ok E.......bikes can be fixed and NEM likes turning them wrenches. Sounds like a few have had trouble with the Shinko Hookup......scary shit there.

06 Busa......8 second street bike.(Sold but missed)

Offline xquizitzx10

• Post Whore
  • Live life as if it was your last!!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 04:44:03 PM »
DAMMM!!  :shock: That sux... Sorry to hear hope u get well soon.. That is no good tire coming off Rim??? WTF!!B.S. Get well soon..Prayers sent.. :thumb: :thumb:

CARPENTER POWERED!!
HAYS PERFORMANCE!!
MTC ENGINEERING!!
UNDERPRESSURE!!
$$GETSUM$$

Offline b l u e b u s a 1

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 06:18:23 PM »
good to here she was not hurt to bad. :thumb:  does anyone know what tire pressure they were running.  i just put one of these tires on  my bike might be taking it back off :bah:

Offline canadianhayabusa

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
Glad to hear you weren't hurt too bad E. Here's to hoping you have a speedy recovery!

Offline lecroy

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »
Get well soon.

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 12:28:12 AM »
Speedy recovery...
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline DreamRyder

• Mad Post Whore
  • "Worlds Quickest Female on a Prostreet Bike"
    • DreamRyder's Website
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 01:34:57 AM »
thanks everyone for the support.. my one daughter got a video of the pass... i've uploaded it to youtube to share..

i have quit racing regularly and only make test passes for nem on a rare occasion, if i begin to get headaches as last yr we'd stop.. but so far with only havin made 6 passes for him since May I'm doin fine.

Fri i was about to have a new career best if not for the shinko hookup breakin the bead.. according to my short times itd been a 7.48 pass easy cuz track was hookin and pullin hard.. I had a 3.32 330 time and 4.97 1/8th mile... at the 1000 mark i was at 170mph when bike suddenly started floppin from side to side and eventually i had to put the bike down on it's side when it looked like i was headin into budgell's lane and didn't want to be highsided from it getting more violent or go headon into the cement wall... luckily he was on a killer 7.2 pass and made it out ahead of me enough that i went right behind him at 155mph for a 7.73 ET

Nem was on a role with his tune Fri provin his bike had what it took to run the numbers only if the tire would have been able to.

We later found out there are three other pro racers with same situation happenin in 2-3wks of eachother i think this is more than just a coinsidence, the manf needs to look into this b4 the next person gets killed.

another item to avoid is that rubber tether for the kills... Nem's broke off at the clip to my glove and didn't pull the switch out to shut bike off.. becuz of that the bike continued to run down the rest of the track to hit the cement wall at the second turn off.

E.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B6Tlr_OumA0&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/B6Tlr_OumA0&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;fs=1</a>

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:55:39 AM by ADMIN »
ET stock motor 9.28, dryshot 8.63, RCC turbo 7.62
RCC Turbo
Bellman Oil
SYED Leather
R&R Trailers courtesy of RandPCarriages.com
Cycle-Tek
Tiger Racing
Schnitz Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Boost by Smith
Canadian Mike
Mirror Look Customs
Arai

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 02:54:32 AM »
thanks everyone for the support.. my one daughter got a video of the pass... i've uploaded it to youtube to share..

i have quit racing regularly and only make test passes for nem on a rare occasion, if i begin to get headaches as last yr we'd stop.. but so far with only havin made 6 passes for him since May I'm doin fine.

Fri i was about to have a new career best if not for the shinko hookup breakin the bead.. according to my short times itd been a 7.48 pass easy cuz track was hookin and pullin hard.. I had a 3.32 330 time and 4.97 1/8th mile... at the 1000 mark i was at 170mph when bike suddenly started floppin from side to side and eventually i had to put the bike down on it's side when it looked like i was headin into budgell's lane and didn't want to be highsided from it getting more violent or go headon into the cement wall... luckily he was on a killer 7.2 pass and made it out ahead of me enough that i went right behind him at 155mph for a 7.73 ET

Nem was on a role with his tune Fri provin his bike had what it took to run the numbers only if the tire would have been able to.

We later found out there are three other pro racers with same situation happenin in 2-3wks of eachother i think this is more than just a coinsidence, the manf needs to look into this b4 the next person gets killed.

another item to avoid is that rubber tether for the kills... Nem's broke off at the clip to my glove and didn't pull the switch out to shut bike off.. becuz of that the bike continued to run down the rest of the track to hit the cement wall at the second turn off.

E.

YouTube- milan 070210 ep 7.73 crash.m2ts

Link doesn't work. Glad to hear you're ok.

Offline lecroy

• Rider

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 07:27:45 AM »
Sorry to hear about your crash, but glad you are ok. I believe the same thing happened on Ronnies bike, Bud made a pass with one of those tires and it came off the rim.

Richard

Offline buzard

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »
seen the video several times now and it still scares me to watch.
Next up is a Great Lakes Race craft turbo setup with a NLR billet plenum for 2015

NLR GEN X POWERED/RCC INTERCOOLED PROSTREET BUSA
ONE BAD ASS 02 BLACK 565 HP RCC ULTRA BUSA
turbo 85 1150 scary ride
turbo 01 bandit 220 hp mr. turbo kit
turbo 01 busa 320 hp hahn stage 3
turbo 03 zx12r velocity stage 2
turbo 03 busa nlr gen 1 rac

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 09:14:56 AM »

Yes that scares. Without any advance warning  :bah:

Glad you are ok E.
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 09:29:02 AM »

...same here. :shock:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Dan.J

• Post Master
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 10:27:55 AM »
No way to save a bike when it goes that far out of whack.......I probably would have been off on the first big ass swing........Spooky shit there. Glad all is well for the most part.

06 Busa......8 second street bike.(Sold but missed)

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
So Glad you are able to give us an update and that you are doing well - That Tire is looking Scary!!!  :bah:

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline busabill1397

• Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 05:44:37 PM »
Hate to hear about your crash E, hope you are going to be ok.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 10:27:13 PM »
Wow..scary to watch!!

Glad your still with us!!

Anyone know for sure if the tire caused it?..Have them on 2 turbo bikes im going to be riding and on My busa!!!

get well soon!!

Offline Competitive Edge Racing Cylinder Heads

• Mad Post Whore
  • We Makem Go-Fast!!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 10:34:50 PM »
Wow..scary to watch!!

Glad your still with us!!

Anyone know for sure if the tire caused it?..Have them on 2 turbo bikes im going to be riding and on My busa!!!

get well soon!!
   :shock:    :shock:   Ive been running them ona couple different bikes w/no problems...... &  Just went 183MPH on one last week, Now thats Scary????? Lol  I think its just them BIG HP Bikes, that R Streching them off the RIM?????  :shock:    :shock:
Official Site Shop
New best 6.87 @ 193 MPH