Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: AMA Done!  (Read 9026 times)

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
Re: AMA Done!
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 02:02:08 AM »
Valdosta was PACKED at both events.

But that is okay cause we have SEMDRA here in the south and that is 300 bikes all getting done in 1 day!   

Valdosta was no where near packed at the season opener this year.  Not dead, but certainly not packed either.

SEMDRA would be alot more appealing if it was 1/4 mile.

1/4 mile requires....NHRA licensing and that is...$185 plus the cost of a physical ever year.  No need to do that if only an 1/8th mile at a time.

I thought AMA was great but anyone wanting to drag race and keep a crowd and be affordable to the races should go attend a SEMDRA event.
You have to renew an NHRA license every two years, $100 and a physical every two years. You also have to be an NHRA member which is $128 for two years.

So $228 every 2 plus cost of physical about $55.  I'll pocket that and enjoy some good ole 1/8th mile any day.  Just let my NHRA license expire because it is STUPID to make me buya fucking magazone for $64 a year just to be a dragracer....

Offline Reverend Ron

• Post Master
  • I fly a starship across the Universe divide
Re: AMA Done!
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:10 AM »
Valdosta was PACKED at both events.But that is okay cause we have SEMDRA here in the south and that is 300 bikes all getting done in 1 day!   
Valdosta was no where near packed at the season opener this year.  Not dead, but certainly not packed either.
SEMDRA would be alot more appealing if it was 1/4 mile.
1/4 mile requires....NHRA licensing and that is...$185 plus the cost of a physical ever year.  No need to do that if only an 1/8th mile at a time.
I thought AMA was great but anyone wanting to drag race and keep a crowd and be affordable to the races should go attend a SEMDRA event.

SEMDRA'S last race of the season will be on Oct 16,2010  they have a test and tune on Friday.
You don't need a license from NHRA to race SEMDRA
O Lord please put one hand on my shoulder and the other across my mouth