Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Any one have any advice or can help I am gone crazy  (Read 7139 times)

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
Any one have any advice or can help I am gone crazy
« on: August 27, 2010, 12:29:49 PM »
I have a 1441 gen 1 busa. I made a pass on it Monday bike was sounding strange loud ticking sound. I killed it started her back up it hesitated but started. I take off and it feels like the bike was not idleing right. I pull clutch in and it killed.I have checked compression 210,240,240,240 It was my first time doing it so I did not have throtthle open. I changed fuel,plugs,camshaft sensor.I checked for spark It seems to be getting spark sometimes but not consistenly. I tried to start it yesterday and she crank for about 10secs then started for like 2secs and died. The next time she crank for about 10secs then backfired out ehxaust.I then tried to crank again and it would crank for like 10secs then hit like a dead spot wear it wasnt doing anything. Any ideas please Help before I have to take her to a shop.

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
Re: Any one have any advice or can help I am gone crazy
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 02:23:51 PM »
check battery voltage? check it cranking also.

could be your intermittent spark issue and the 10 second backfire

Offline Nem

• Mad Post Whore
    • BallOutRacing.org
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »
Sounds like bearings

RCC Turbos
Bellman Oil Co.
VP Race Fuels
BoostbySmith
Cycle-Tek
Canadian Mike
Power Brokers Racing
Tiger Racing
Shamrock Racing
Rev'd Up Motorsports
Win Racing
Rock Solid
Schnitz Racing

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »
Ok I cleaned the crank sensor off and she started up. It was full of metal shavings what could cause this.She starts but still a loud tapping noise sounds like in the top end of the motor

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 08:18:38 PM »
I am not sure new to race engines but I think the noise I am hearing now may be a bearing. My oil pressure gauge when first installed read 80psi during initally start up 2 weeks ago it started reading 75psi I just thought it was normal a little drop depending on weather conditions well now the noise is their and it is at 40psi now thats half the pressure I had. I will be  draining oil tom check for any signs.

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 06:30:23 AM »
Ouch  :!:

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 08:36:30 AM »
bearings for sure.  How long have you had the motor since the rebuild?  What was your motor break in procedure?

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 11:27:42 AM »
yes batman you and nem or right I dropped pan lastnight more metal shavings stuck to magnetic plug. I didnt see much copper colored flakes. I saw maybe one little peice that was copper colored. I am hopeing It didnt get to bad how much damage a spun bearing usually causes. The break in the builder started it up heated it a few times changed the oil then I took the bike put 500 miles on it and changed oil again.Motor may have 700miles and 20 passes on it only sprayed on dyno.

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 08:05:38 AM »
I would have expected non-ferrous metal (non-magnetic), so I'm wondering what is causing the shavings to accumulate on your magnetic drain plug? Bearing material wouldn't do that as far as I know  :?
Thomas

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 01:10:13 PM »
I am not sure but I took a old bearing and stuck it to a magnetic stick and it seems to be magnetic to me I will give more details soon.

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
pulled motor apart today spun #1 rod bearing  :( rod seems to be ok. Well next decision 5mill :shock: crank or just repair the 2mil

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »
Don't advise repairing a bad crank, buy a 5 mil

Offline FASBUS

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 12:26:01 PM »
 Whenever you hear an abnormal noise in your performance engine kill it immediately and investigate. Like if its loud enough and missing even slightly call someone and throw it in the back of a pickup truck. Dont keep runnin it and trying to start after you have discovered metal shavings on sensors etc...As soon as you saw a drop in oil pressure and a miss, like not idling properly etc..Keep running it after bearing damage will spred metal shavings and friction thru your motor like cancer.
GOOD LUCK....

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »
pulled motor apart today spun #1 rod bearing  :( rod seems to be ok. Well next decision 5mill :shock: crank or just repair the 2mil

If you are looking for a stroker, I'd send the gen2 crank out and get it stroked. Can go up to ~8mm if you want. It will take awhile to get it back, but with it being winter, should be ok to wait on it.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning