Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: anbody here in the 300 club!?  (Read 16312 times)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: anbody here in the 300 club!?
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 11:33:09 PM »
so should i upgrade and by an entire new shock because of the HUGE difference in weight, or will a stiff spring suffice?

Chris(blk02ws6 here on the board)had my rear shock re-valved and re-sprung when he built my bike and i don't notice any big change in anything when i carry 2 up.Me and mama combined must be in the 390 or so range and it seems fine. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
  • South Florida, West Palm Beach
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2010, 12:00:27 AM »
 :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:

so i found this nifty little calculator thingy from race-tek.....  :bah:

maybe if i spring, valve and use molasses instead of oil, i'll get the equivalent of 19.....  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think with heavy oil and springs, i'll be just fin. if you're 2 up weight is 390, then i feel comfortable that i can get things done right between valves and springs without moving into automotive parts.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol:

have i mentioned how much i love this place :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: seek and ye shall find! i'm gonna pot one hell of a "wanted" thread when i finally pull the trigger on a bike :!: 8)
The Pigeonmobile!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2010, 07:08:29 AM »
There ya go bro. :lol: :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2010, 07:54:06 AM »
No leaning on past accomplishments Dave… you’re 206 and that’s, that.  :lol:
I suppose I could eat more :lol:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2010, 07:59:35 AM »
No leaning on past accomplishments Dave… you’re 206 and that’s, that.  :lol:
I suppose I could eat more :lol:

:lol:

Shit,what i wouldn't give to weigh 206 again...or 216...or even 226! :lol: :thumb:

(i see they turned up the "power knob" again on the Twins at Indy[some qualifying televised in about an hour],probably gonna stay that way the remainder of the year...cheatin' ass motherfuckers :bah:)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 08:04:58 AM by piratediverjefff »

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »
Bigger guys impact better than skinny fellas  :lol:

Those nurses said to me on trauma ward...
"Col, if you`d have been a small guy on a smaller bike than the Busa, you would have died on impact"

:D :lol: :lol:

I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2010, 09:58:21 AM »
Never mind all that body armour ?  Just eat more pies  :thumb:

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
Lol HOS! :lol: natures padding wins again!
The Pigeonmobile!

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2010, 11:03:10 AM »
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »

:D

The laws of physics  :thumb:

A large dense object will absorb the impact better from another object travelling at speed?   :lol:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »
Never mind all that body armour ?  Just eat more pies  :thumb:
Absolutly :thumb: :hys:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »
DID YOU SAY CACKE!                       CACKES N PIES!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2010, 12:21:04 PM »

A large dense object will absorb the impact better from another object travelling at speed?   :lol:

Shit,works for me(the logic i've been waitin' for)...somebody hand me a(nother)dozen donuts and a qt. of milk. :thumb:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2010, 12:29:51 PM »

Shit,works for me(the logic i've been waitin' for)...somebody hand me a(nother)dozen donuts and a qt. of milk. :thumb:

lol he said another dozen  :hys: Jeff you rock dude lol
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »

lol he said another dozen  :hys: Jeff you rock dude lol

...and i feel guilty every time i throw one down(i'm pretty much outa willpower these days,heavy and happy!). :lol: :thumb:

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2010, 01:36:32 PM »
me from 4th of July this year. (i'm the one in the white, not the squirrely looking leprechaun in the shorts)

that dixie cup looks like a shot glass  :bah:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2010, 03:05:02 PM »
me from 4th of July this year. (i'm the one in the white, not the squirrely looking leprechaun in the shorts)

that dixie cup looks like a shot glass  :bah:

:lol: :thumb:

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »
Yeah, I was treating it like one all day too!! :lol:
The Pigeonmobile!

Offline magus

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Zenaku Racing
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
shit I keep trying to loose and seem to allways gain more.  :evil:

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2010, 11:27:02 AM »
ok "i'm not fat, i'm fluffy" guys, i've got a question. i'm looking at gearing, which is going to be another big issue. now i'm not dragging the bike for anything but fun, so i want to gear it for everyday street riding, but still be fast and still be happy cruzing at 100mph while not making the engine work too hard at a steady cruise on the highway. basically i'd like it to act just like everyone elses bike and am just trying to compensate for the extra weight. OEM is a 17/40 sprocket setup wich makes it a 2.35 gearing. i'm thinking about a 3.06 or so and to get that am looking at a 17/52 sprocket setup. the reason i chose those sprockets is because they are the biggest sprockets that will give me that gearing ratio, hense the least stressful on the chain. (that poor thing is gonna have enough stress on it! :lol: )

now, am i going the right way with the gearing and giving it more in the mid and lower ranges where i'll be needing it? am i going too far or maybe not far enough? anybody have any thoughts on this decision? and most importantly, is there any one place that already has the formula worked out to plug numbers in for total weight, sprocket size/gearing, HP, RPM and top speed so i can put some numbers in and see the over all picture?

thanks for the help as always.
The Pigeonmobile!

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 12:16:44 PM »
I'm working on it  :lol:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »
Speed if its stock wb with your size I would be carefull with anything over 17/45. I am 230 and when I was 17/43 the 05 with a brock pipe would yank the wheel in 3rd gear. Bigger guys wheelie easier due to higher center of gravity. If its stretched you can go deeper.

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 01:54:56 PM »
6 over. inch, inch and a half drop.

and i thought it would be the opposite on the front tire coming up... all that weight on the tank doesn't hold her down?
The Pigeonmobile!

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »
No center of mass moved forward is less then center of mass moved up. Your putting the majority of your body weight above the tank, you raise the center of the bike up. Its the same thing as lowering the bike vs raising the bike. If you lower a bike 3 inches, you lower the center of gravity 3 inches, you put it more in line with the axles. SO when you put your weight on the bike you are putting the center of gravity even further above the axles. The higher the center of gravity above the axles the less mechanical advantage there is. Much like picking up a piece of ply wood, if you pick it up flat in the 4 foot direction it is hard on the bottom and gets easier the higher it gets. If you pick it up the 8 foot way it is much heavier on the bottom and at the top its just as easy at the 4 foot way. 

Imagine a line from the back axle to the front of a bike. Now you take the center of gravity and draw a horizontal line through it from the front of the bike to the rear of the bike. Now draw a vertical line through the balance point of the bike front to rear. Connect the 3 lines and you will have a angle off the rear wheel going upwards to the front. With no weight on the bike that angle would be fairly shallow. Now add your weight to the bike and you move the center of gravity up, and the center of mass forward or back depending on many factors. Lets say you can lean forward enough that you do move the balance point forward (I doubt many can) Now draw a new line off the rear axle to the new higher horizontal line and the new vertical line and you will see the angle of that line is much steeper.  That line is the same as lifiting a peice of wood, the steeper the line gets the easier it is to pivot on the rear axle.  Stretching a bike will cause your angled line to be shallower by moving the balance point between the axles forward. Lowering a bike cause's the horizontal line to be lower and shallower. When you lay down on the tank, most think you are loading the front tire (in some cases like really tall thin ppl it might be true), the bigger truth is you are lowering your center of gravity.

I suck at explaining crap, and its been years since I did physics but thats kinda the basics of it.

Moving weight forward does help, that's why longer swing arms work. Weight is further ahead of the rear axle, the Brock's brick helps so much cause weight is further ahead of the rear axle and on the same plane.

Its all that silly physics crap, I didn't invent it or i would have done it a little different  :hys:

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
well like i said, at 6'4, if i lay on the tank, my helmet touches the wind screen no problem.... but i get what you're saying with the angle of drive. it's the path of least resistance and it would rather push up than forward. i just thought the my weight would load the front tire enough. i'm not looking for drag racing gears, just want to move some of the top end to the middle where i will need it to move my fat ass the way it's supposed to.  :lol:
The Pigeonmobile!