Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hey there big boys! I forgot all about this section!!!!  (Read 9040 times)

Offline speed_pigeon

• Post Master
  • South Florida, West Palm Beach
Hey there big boys! I forgot all about this section!!!!
« on: September 02, 2010, 03:05:37 AM »
Ok, so I’m a “big” guy…. Now, I know big is a relative term, so let me clarify. I am 6’4” tall and weigh 375lbs. I have a 68” chest and wear a 5XLT shirt. My sleeves are 25” long, my shoulders are 25” wide, my wrists are 9.5” around, I wear a size 15 medium shoe and I have an overall wingspan of 78”. 

So, my question is: “Are there any other members and riders who are “big” and/or in the 300 club!? (and don't get me started on "Big & Tall"!!! it's big OR tall! manufactures don't make things for both at the same time!)

The reason for my asking is a simple one. I am interested in the mods and adjustments you other members have made to your busa, to make your riding more enjoyable and comfortable.  i.e. gearing in the form of sprocket teeth, pegs, handlebar and/or seat height, suspension adjustments, lever mods, etc. Help a big brother out!   

and BTW, any ideas on where i can find a jacket that isn't custom made for $1000 or looks like something out of mad max or weird science!?
The Pigeonmobile!

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
Re: Hey there big boys! I forgot all about this section!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:52:12 PM »
I'm 6'2 @ 245pds...I have a gut...Put I'm not qualified to give you any advice...I've seen some really, really real Heavy Hitters ride and make damn good numbers but I have no idea how they did it... :thumb:
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline ssober

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »
I had a tail modded by my buddy in wichita that he is building now and he put pegs on my back half for my feet to set back.
6'4 340 race ready size 14 boot. 

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 11:15:05 AM »
I had a tail modded by my buddy in wichita that he is building now and he put pegs on my back half for my feet to set back.

Scott you are a big fella.   Size 14!  Wow!!

I would put 1" risers on your bars.  Get some good adjustable rear sets so you can adjust your foot position.  Definately spend the money on a good spring for your shock.  That would be a good starting point for anyone of any size to get more comfortable.  Ride the bike for a while and see what it is that bothers you the most from that point.  Make changes as neccessary.

Offline BigJda330lbRacer

• Rider
  • 330lb Heavy Hitter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
75" flatslick, slider, NOS, BUSA - I'm 6'4" 330lbs and I wear a 15wide and 14 ring finger. Im usually the biggest out playing and can get down with the rest :bike:

If you need help just give me a call..504-559-6939
If I can do it at 330lbs whats your excuse, man up and ride that dam thing.
3rd Coast Speed 2010 Heavy Hitter #1 Qualifier and the biggest in the field.
TEAM APE SPONSORED

Offline BigJda330lbRacer

• Rider
  • 330lb Heavy Hitter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 04:19:24 PM »

Scott you are a big fella.   Size 14!  Wow!!

I would put 1" risers on your bars.  Get some good adjustable rear sets so you can adjust your foot position.  Definately spend the money on a good spring for your shock.  That would be a good starting point for anyone of any size to get more comfortable.  Ride the bike for a while and see what it is that bothers you the most from that point.  Make changes as neccessary.

scratch the risers... I put a trac dynamics lowering triple tree, a Solo fiberglass landspeed tank, and cut the seat to get a lower seating position. If you dont alreay have them get hold of some 3hole dog bones and use the middle hole. Use a spanner wrench or big pipe wrench to tighten up on your rear shock spring, tighten up on the compression on the top of your shock. I'm 330lbs and still used a stock shock on a 70" slider bike. If you want to spend money on a shock go ahead, they are good but you ,ight not need it right now. Getting a heavy spring will do just fine. Mike at "all things chrome" always did us right.

The flat gastank was my favorite fatboy mod. I can get behind the windshield with this gut now :wink:
TEAM APE SPONSORED

Offline BigJda330lbRacer

• Rider
  • 330lb Heavy Hitter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
 :tu: heres a pic of the bike with the tank.. and another to show me behind the windscreeen
TEAM APE SPONSORED