Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: stock rods and nitrous  (Read 5112 times)

Offline 1BADGSXR

• Rider
  • Show Time
stock rods and nitrous
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:47:53 AM »
Ok I have a 06 gsxr 1k. I got 13 5 1 weisco pistons, ward ported and polished head 25 thousands shaved off,rc performance cams, short stacks, pc3, akrapovic slip on, heavy duty valve springs, tre. Right now I'm at 200hp on spray. What's the most safe amount of spray I can run with STOCK RODS. Thanks guys

Offline PMR Components

• Rider
    • PMR Components
Re: stock rods and nitrous
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »
I think there are a few things to consider here. Is your spray coming on with a progressive controller or on a button? A button is alot harder on the engine. I am assuming you did the Stainless steel valves. I am in the same boat as you I have an 06 1000. This is how I look at it. After doing the stainless valves and springs. I would say a 40 shot on button is fine and a 60 progressive would be max. That might even be pushing it. But even a 40 progressive could be a good idea. Rods are a very smart thing to do for insurance. And at that point you could run alot bigger shot. With yours having higher compression you might only want to do a 40 shot and that you might want to do on a progressive unit. Just my $.02

Offline 1BADGSXR

• Rider
  • Show Time
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 04:00:17 PM »
Yeah I guess ill stay with the 40 and run the for the remaining part of the season. Then ill put rods in it and spray no less then a 100 shot I hope lol

Offline PMR Components

• Rider
    • PMR Components
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »
If your going to run a 100 shot you might want to look into nitrous pistons too. Also dont forget to pull timing out.

Offline 1BADGSXR

• Rider
  • Show Time
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »
I have the weisco 13 5 1 nitrous pistons right now. Yeah I was planning on pulling the timing

Offline PMR Components

• Rider
    • PMR Components
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
Oh then thats good. Didn't realize they were nitrous pistons.

Offline PMR Components

• Rider
    • PMR Components
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 04:27:42 PM »
Are you Drag Racing that 1000? If so what kind of times are you running?

Offline 1BADGSXR

• Rider
  • Show Time
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 04:40:10 PM »
I ran it one time at the track. I was having ig traction issues because I had a pilot power 2ct road race tire. So I ran a 10.2 not I got a busa shock in the back and a power 1 tire.  I'm going to the track next wk ill let you know how I do