Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Broke my Gen 2 on a 40 shot  (Read 21606 times)

Offline whtrthanu

• Post Master
    • www.saeoutlawperformance.com
Re: Broke my Gen 2 on a 40 shot
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 01:55:11 PM »
i have 100 shot on a BONE STOCK MOTOR!!!!!   it hasnt broke yet....I know i will torch a valve soon enough...but you guys aint tuning right....STOCK PUMP STOCK INJECTORS!!  mapped thru the ecu.... you need to set the spray bar up right and make sure its evenly distributed.....the stock fuel system is fine to over 300hp greg smith has proven it plenty......
GOOD FUEL AND A GOOD TUNE UP!!!!!!   these things have 12.5:1 compression stock!!!!!  they almost detonate on motor already.....you add some spray and your fucked.....

by the way, that set up is sweet draco!!!!!

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 05:30:30 PM »
i have 100 shot on a BONE STOCK MOTOR!!!!!   it hasnt broke yet....I know i will torch a valve soon enough...but you guys aint tuning right....STOCK PUMP STOCK INJECTORS!!  mapped thru the ecu.... you need to set the spray bar up right and make sure its evenly distributed.....the stock fuel system is fine to over 300hp greg smith has proven it plenty......
GOOD FUEL AND A GOOD TUNE UP!!!!!!   these things have 12.5:1 compression stock!!!!!  they almost detonate on motor already.....you add some spray and your fucked.....

by the way, that set up is sweet draco!!!!!

Greg did not use a stock fuel pump.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »
Yep upgraded pump here from rcc turbos but stock injectors
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline whtrthanu

• Post Master
    • www.saeoutlawperformance.com
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 09:32:28 PM »
well im at alittle over 270 and i got plenty of fuel to go more.......

Offline Draco1340

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »
I don't doubt that people (including myself) have gotten big HP numbers on the stock pump.  But the fact is that the stock pump was designed for a 190 HP motor.  Unless you log every pass with a logger and watch for the pump to go soft, there is a very serious risk that you will blow the motor when the pump pukes on you.
.02$
I know I can do this.  I saw it done in a cartoon once.

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
Ehhhh, wasn't the nitrous at all. Looks like the "builder"  :x didn't use the proper base gasket and the pistons kissed the head.

There you go, problem solved, I'm still going back to stock Gen 2 rods and pistons.

Gonna work my game and get it to run a consistent 9.3* and just be fucking happy with that. I only go to the strip 5-8 times a year so it will be fine.

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 06:12:33 PM »
Btw, lots of good info in here.

Anyone interested in bottles, ECU setup for spraying and assorted other crap to spray?

50 cents on the dollar for it all.

Offline Blue08Busa

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »
Out of curiosity, what size bottles and how much?

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »
Ehhhh, wasn't the nitrous at all. Looks like the "builder"  :x didn't use the proper base gasket and the pistons kissed the head.

There you go, problem solved, I'm still going back to stock Gen 2 rods and pistons.

Gonna work my game and get it to run a consistent 9.3* and just be fucking happy with that. I only go to the strip 5-8 times a year so it will be fine.

+1

I've got the same set-up and had to go with a .125 spacer.  If you need stock rods and pistons I have the rods and can give you a great deal on them.  If you want mine send me a PM and pick your price.  Good luck bro. :thumb:
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 05:23:54 AM »
Out of curiosity, what size bottles and how much?

Sorry I haven't responded. One bottle was from http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/Scripts/default.asp with a gauge and the other was a local purchase from the "builder".

I would let them both go with gauges mounted to the bottles for $150 shipped.

One is a 2lb, the other is a 2.5lb.

Sorry for the slow response. My wife is in the ICU with a broken back. Been a little busy with that.

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 05:25:07 AM »

+1

I've got the same set-up and had to go with a .125 spacer.  If you need stock rods and pistons I have the rods and can give you a great deal on them.  If you want mine send me a PM and pick your price.  Good luck bro. :thumb:

Thanks for the offer. I still had the stock stuff and it is all back in the bike. It is running really well now.

Offline 6002abusa

• Rider
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »
I feel your pain. I floated a valve and spit a shim on the first trip out with a well tuned 40 shot. I went with s/s valves and 65# APE springs. I bumped up to a 48hp shot with a crushed regulator and a tune with the Bazzaz auto tune. Something is wrong now after 50 or so passes.. I ran 146 on the spray. Maybe its just clogged .018 jets. Its a Spider kit and it uses 4 jets. It has happened before. If they look clear I'm doing a compression test. We will see.

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 09:57:48 PM »
I feel your pain. I floated a valve and spit a shim on the first trip out with a well tuned 40 shot. I went with s/s valves and 65# APE springs. I bumped up to a 48hp shot with a crushed regulator and a tune with the Bazzaz auto tune. Something is wrong now after 50 or so passes.. I ran 146 on the spray. Maybe its just clogged .018 jets. Its a Spider kit and it uses 4 jets. It has happened before. If they look clear I'm doing a compression test. We will see.

Good luck. I took my bike back to the strip last Friday with the motor back to stock specs and no spray.

Lowered on the second hole with the front slid up an inch i went 9.50@150mph. Not to bad at all I think.

If I can get my 60' down from a 1.6* I will get the ET where I want it to be.