TECHNICAL > F.A.Q

Insurance on modified bike?

(1/2) > >>

BUGSLAYER:
Lets say you knew someone who was having a stage-2 turbo kit fitted to his road going Hayabusa in California.  Would that hypothetical person need to declare this modification to his insurance company and would he have to pay a different insurance premium if he did so?  This is not me of course, just asking........ :lol:

nykon:
from what ive seen on sites liek Progressive, they ask if you have a turbo, nitrous , or modified frame.

If you say yes to any of them then deny your claim all together and wont cover you. If you want to cover your parts seems best way is to buy additional coverage for accessories.

murderedout07:
I have progressive, and when I bought the bike it was all stock. Now that I've done a turbo, swing arm engine mods, ive added it on to my policy. Through them you can buy up to $30,000.00 in accessory insurance, as long as you have the papers to back it up. Any motorcycle policy includes 3k off add ons...again provided you faxed in your receipts. I just added another $5,000 worth of coverage, and it only jumped my premium $2 a month, on a full coverage policy. I don't think that's too shabby.

ondre30:
Yeah I have a turbo bike and State Farm told me to give them copies of the receipts and keep them and I would be covered.

tekati:

--- Quote from: ondre30 on February 12, 2011, 10:35:53 PM ---Yeah I have a turbo bike and State Farm told me to give them copies of the receipts and keep them and I would be covered.

--- End quote ---

How much more was your insurance after you gave them the receipts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version