Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 06 Starting problems  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Slow Boy

• Rider
06 Starting problems
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:07:56 AM »
I have a 06 busa and its not starting.. Been working on it for the last 3 days and just can't figure it out!! Was ridding Tuesday and bike was running good.. Stop for 3 min and come back out bike was dead... All i hear is the fuel pump kick on...

I have found out that the kickstand switch is acting up. every time i put the bike in neutral with the kickstand down i have to play with the switch to get the green light to come on.But when u hit the start button it goes and so does the oil light and you have to play with it again to get both light to light up!!

This is what i have tried... I done tried to bypass the kickstand switch but neutral and the oil light doesn't come on.. tried starting it in another gear no luck,checked the clutch lever switch by hand no problems there!!!!

What could it be??
Thanks Fam...

Whats Up You Ready To C Me yet

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: 06 Starting problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »
first thing i would do is check the battery, load test it, and check both cables, at both ends
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline JamesOK

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:58:14 PM »
I would check the battery, battery connections, and all your grounds first and then go from there... I have seen some strange stuff happen from a bad battery.
400+hp velocity stg2 turbo Gen1 coming this week I think!

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 10:16:13 AM »
thats what i just said :?: :?: :?:
I would check the battery, battery connections, and all your grounds first and then go from there... I have seen some strange stuff happen from a bad battery.
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers