Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Bigrod330 needs members Prayers  (Read 27119 times)

Offline Super Kaz

• Rider
  • I JUST WANT 2 RACE ~!!!
    • www.superkazracing.com
Re: Bigrod330 needs members Prayers
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 10:35:04 AM »
More Prayer's Sent :angel: !
Him being Angry is a good/bad sign!
Good because he is Cognative of the Situation.
Bad because he knows whats up,and it's very Frustrating being stuck in any Hospital Bed :cry:....
God Bless Him, His Family,Friends,and Doctors
Owner,Designer,Builder,and Racer of The Worlds Fastest and  Most Powerful Street Legal Harley Davidson Motorcycle Racer.

1st to go 200+mph@ Bonneville.

Turbo V-rod Master Builder,Racer,Breaker,and Fixer

Future Pro Stock Bike Champion...........

Offline Busa_Genius

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »
some should ride there busa down the hall and into his room to cheer him up :tu: and to see what the fight will be worth!

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
any updates on Rod

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 11:04:07 PM »
He is a memeber on another site I frequent and I haven't heard a single update on him...I wonder how he has been also!

Offline longlivethebusa

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »
Big boy godd luck to ya and more.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2011, 11:20:37 PM »
Heavenly Father,
                              Please allow your mercy and grace to abound in this man's life and My Lord Jesus Christ, we acknowledge you are the ultimate Healer and Physician.  As your child, I ask that you would touch this man's body and allow him to return to full health................to the Glory of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.  In Jesus' Name I ask it, Amen.

Dave
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Big Bo

• Rider
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2011, 10:43:16 PM »
Heavenly Father,
                              Please allow your mercy and grace to abound in this man's life and My Lord Jesus Christ, we acknowledge you are the ultimate Healer and Physician.  As your child, I ask that you would touch this man's body and allow him to return to full health................to the Glory of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.  In Jesus' Name I ask it, Amen.

Dave

Excellent prayer. I prayed it.

Get well Rod.

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
Anyone heard anything about Rod lately?

Offline longlivethebusa

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2011, 03:14:47 AM »
Good luck get well soon!!!!!!!

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »
Heavenly Father,

Dave

Heavenly Father, I lay this man's situation and injuries at your feet. I only ask that you would bless you Son, Jesus Christ, to heal him.........that all may know you are God.   

Yours now and for all eternity...............Dave Harris.  Amen

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ezduzit

• Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
Prayers sent.
Long and low!

Offline timhays

• Rider
  • First Pro Street Bike Clutch in the 6 Second Zone
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »
prayers sent

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »
bigrod330???

hows he doing?
anyone got updates?

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2011, 09:03:05 PM »
bigrod330???

hows he doing?
anyone got updates?

On another forum

most of the current info is in post #186

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/141280-bigrod1300-family-need-our-prayers-10.html
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
thanks for the info.... i had no idea.... last i remember he was on here and all was well....   :(

Offline MREDDIEB

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • "U can't just stop, U have 2 slow down 1st"
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2011, 09:28:13 AM »
I am glad to hear that Rod is recovering. That is a hard road that he has traveled. He is strong and still getting better. I pray that you will make a full recovery.
\"Do you know why I pulled you over?\" Md State Trooper

Even the best bike is only as good as it's operator.
"You can explain it to the judge." Va State Trooper

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »
So as to not have to jump -

Originally Posted by Caligrl

I see ya'll haven't had an update on Rod lately so I thought I'd give you one. I'm a friend of his and I visit him as much as I can about every week or 2, and I just left seeing him today. He is making some progress, they have him up walking some with a cane but still has no use of his right arm and very little in his right leg. His speech isn't what we all hoped it would be by this time but not giving up on him! Please continue to pray for him, I will print all of this thread so when I see him I will read all of this to him. He loved all you guys and I'm sure he will be happy to know you all care so much for him! I will try to post updates for you guys when I can.
Originally Posted by BigRodsSister

Hello everyone,

This is Rod Miller's sister, Trudy Keefer. My Mom just found this site and read many of your posts. Thank you so much for all your prayers and thoughts for my brother. I figured out how to become a user and I've also left my email address for anyone who would like to get more information on Rod's condition. I've recently moved, so my phone number changed in January for any of you who had been calling to check on him. My email is trudykeefer@hotmail.com.

I was the one who tried to send out the mass text message to everyone listed in Rod's cell phone. I don't believe it got to everyone like I had intended. I'm not sure if Rod's cell phone works anymore. I think his wife, Melissa, was going to cancel it.

Rod's condition as of 3/20/11: He is still in Western Maryland Hospital Center in Hagerstown, MD. He has come along way with his therapy. In January, they put his left side of his skull back on since the swelling had gone away and he looks wonderful now. With therapy, he has regained use of his right leg. If he uses his leg brace for his right leg, and a four-pronged cane, he can now walk short distances. The momentum of walking automatically moves his right leg, which is helpful. Thank the Lord! I'm believing now that he won't have to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He does not have any feeling in his right arm yet. He has lost some vision in both corners of his eyes, but your eyes adjust to the loss. As far as his speech, they are not sure if and when it will return. He can say a few random words, but they are never the right words he wants to use. They call what he has, "Aphasia". It affects only 20% of stroke victims. His stroke was so massive, that it severely damaged his left side of his brain. The left side of your brain controls your language. He can't read, write, or speak words. His few words he can say are "window", "tuesday", "wednesday", and "office". Just random words that comes out. It's so hard for all of us to be able to communicate with him. He does seem to understand what we are saying. The speech therapist says he only generally understands us, but misses the details. But based on all the time I spend with him, he seems to clearly understand what we are saying. He has some memory loss of last Summer and Fall.

We continue to ask for your prayers for his recovery. We pray that his speech will increase in the future and he will regain full use of his leg and arm too. He does have several pictures of his Busa posted on his bulletin board in the hospital. Just seeing his bike keeps him going. Thanks again for all your wonderful posts for my brother. If he could tell you, I'm sure he would thank you all too! P.S. Thanks for the gift cards you sent his family too at Christmas time. That was so sweet of all of you.
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2011, 05:06:15 PM »
My heart goes out to Rod and his family.............as do my prayers. 

Dave

P.S. Thanks Chris for the update.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BusaBD

• Post Whore
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2011, 06:02:58 PM »
Not so good news copied from another busa site  :(

Hello everyone,

This is BigRod's sister trying to update you on his status. Rod is home living with his parents right now since August 2nd. This is the date that we took him out of the rehab center. He has learned to walk again and walking with assistance from a cane. He doesn't have any feeling in his right arm yet. And the worst part is that he still hasn't been able to speak much. He can say some random words, but his stroke really damaged parts of his brain that controls your speech. He can understand everything we say, but he just can't talk back to us yet. He wants to get back on this site, but we haven't figured out how to do it yet. We know his username, but not his password. And his email address that was linked to his name is no longer available to us. Hopefully someone can have some suggestions on how to keep his username and be able to give them his new email address. Anyway.. more updates... Unfortunately, his wife and her children left him while he was in the rehab facility. She moved him to another facility without telling us. But we found him after 3 days. She took everything and their beautiful house is in foreclosure. He has lost everything. The worst part is she sold his motorcycle while she had power of attorney. Thankfully, Rod has our parents that have taken him in and helping him regain control of his life. My Dad takes him to therapy two times a week. He gets around pretty good, but the hardest part is that he can't speak. With the paralysis in his arm, he can't learn sign language either. And he lost his ability to spell words. So, he can't even write. Thank you for all your prayers and support for him. I know he wishes he could communicate to all of you. He can read, so he will be able to read any posts if someone replies back. Unfortunately, he won't be able to type back to you though without my help or my parents. I will check back here to see if anyone can help give us guidance on how to regain access to his account since our email address is different and he doesn't know his password. Thanks again so much for your prayers for him! Trudy P.S. If anyone wants to call him, they can call 717-328-5369. He won't be able to talk to you, but he will be able to hear your voice. Or his new address is 7463 Royer Road, Mercersburg, PA 17236 or you can call me at 717-977-6610. Thanks, Trudy

RCC stage1//best to date
8.90 @ 160 mph /pump fuel

Stage2
8.36@ 174 mph

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »
Just left a message for Trudy.  Still praying for Rod.
-Kirk

Offline Ezduzit

• Post Whore
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2012, 09:40:15 PM »
Any update.

Sent from my hayabusa!
Long and low!

Offline BusaBD

• Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
I have heard nothing at all. :( He does post a few words here and ther on another board. It seems he must be always searching craigslist or ebay for his bike his wife sold without the families knowledge and packed up and left. :evil:
RCC stage1//best to date
8.90 @ 160 mph /pump fuel

Stage2
8.36@ 174 mph

Offline Ezduzit

• Post Whore
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
Thanks

Sent from my hayabusa!
Long and low!

Offline mike04busa

• Rider
  • I need a beer
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 04:57:28 AM »
Prayer's sent.
Finally got a gen 2🎉

Offline mysticblu999

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • turbohead
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2012, 10:39:49 AM »
Ill look for the bike as well. Prayers sent man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
2007 Hayabusa Super Ultra (in progress)    
2013 Hayabusa Limited (on order)
2008 RM250 (for jumping stuff)

Super Ultra build thread http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=160376.new#new