Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2011 Goals!?!  (Read 90512 times)

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
Re: 2011 Goals!?!
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2010, 12:52:10 AM »
yea but i will still have stock pistons an rods though. i might be able to make 300 hp with stock internals
320 sir...about 10# with the turbo you have
im going to try an put a spacer with the promod studs. i have a little time to get some things sraight. i was running 6psi but have an 8psi spring in the gate now. i will run that cause it will be down on power from lowering the compression. how hard would it be to add something to wear i could add a couple more pounds of boost. like im running 8 on low bean then flick the switch an go to 10 maybe, just thinking
You could go with an AMS-500, thats a 2 stage boost controller. Or if your on a budget, you could run one of these...
http://streetrays.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=31272
Ive seen a few guys run these without any issues. Either one you could trigger the second stage with the high-beam switch. Or you could trigger it off the flapper solinoid wires then progrqam it to kick in at a certain RPM, and/or gear through ECU editor. Or if you have a power commander with a hub, you could set the second stage to be triggerd by RPM.

The only diffrence is the AMS-500 can ramp between the 2 stages, where the TURBO XS controller will just hit in the second stage. But then again, your not going from 8 to 15psi, just 8-10 or 11 which would be managable.

TURBOLAG: The split second the other guy thinks hes winning.

Offline Kurt

• Baconator
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2010, 01:01:15 AM »
just hope to get the bike done and to the track   would like to get low 8's with some seat time   225 in street clothes

running 19-49 gearing and single stage lock up stock shock for now

upper is not bolted in the pic  making clearance for dash

ams under the tape

Offline Kurt

• Baconator
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2010, 01:05:50 AM »
also have a complete gen2 front end and wheel going on

« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 01:09:12 AM by kurtsbusa »

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2010, 01:13:42 AM »
Nice setup...How much HP you gonna make???
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline Kurt

• Baconator
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2010, 01:15:18 AM »
has a RCC stage 2 and built motor  so thinking 400ish

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2010, 01:19:15 AM »
has a RCC stage 2 and built motor  so thinking 400ish

Bad ass!!!

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2010, 01:30:55 AM »
damn kurt she looking good man. that thing going flat rip buddy. how much longer till you will be ready to head to the track?

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2010, 01:32:41 AM »
yea but i will still have stock pistons an rods though. i might be able to make 300 hp with stock internals
320 sir...about 10# with the turbo you have
im going to try an put a spacer with the promod studs. i have a little time to get some things sraight. i was running 6psi but have an 8psi spring in the gate now. i will run that cause it will be down on power from lowering the compression. how hard would it be to add something to wear i could add a couple more pounds of boost. like im running 8 on low bean then flick the switch an go to 10 maybe, just thinking
You could go with an AMS-500, thats a 2 stage boost controller. Or if your on a budget, you could run one of these...
http://streetrays.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=31272
Ive seen a few guys run these without any issues. Either one you could trigger the second stage with the high-beam switch. Or you could trigger it off the flapper solinoid wires then progrqam it to kick in at a certain RPM, and/or gear through ECU editor. Or if you have a power commander with a hub, you could set the second stage to be triggerd by RPM.

The only diffrence is the AMS-500 can ramp between the 2 stages, where the TURBO XS controller will just hit in the second stage. But then again, your not going from 8 to 15psi, just 8-10 or 11 which would be managable.
cool, i will figure something out. i will just be happy to have it fixed i can wait on more boost, i hope :lol:

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »
That's a sexy machine you got there Kurt!

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2010, 11:43:06 AM »
I've come to the conclusion that I will stay close to 250pds...I am 6'2 so it's not that bad...Last night, well really it's been going on for awhile, I awoke with a frosted honey bun half eatten and said what the fuck so I finished it off...There was another one looking at me as it sat on the night stand so I again said what the fuck and put it with it's mate in my belly...So I did some research on WEB MD and I have a condition medically termed as a "Sleep Eater"!!!General I would seek medical assistance but in this cause it appears to be non-life threathening and a fairly descent sleep aid!!! :hys: :hys: :hys:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2010, 12:59:27 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that I will stay close to 250pds...I am 6'2 so it's not that bad...Last night, well really it's been going on for awhile, I awoke with a frosted honey bun half eatten and said what the fuck so I finished it off...There was another one looking at me as it sat on the night stand so I again said what the fuck and put it with it's mate in my belly...So I did some research on WEB MD and I have a condition medically termed as a "Sleep Eater"!!!General I would seek medical assistance but in this cause it appears to be non-life threathening and a fairly descent sleep aid!!! :hys: :hys: :hys:
:hys: :hys: :hys: i cant eat the fuck out some damn honey buns

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »
:hys: :hys: :hys: i cant eat the fuck out some damn honey buns
Those things make me go  :puke:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »
Bill thanks for the pistons an it was nice meeting you  :thumb:

Offline Kurt

• Baconator
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:36 PM »
damn kurt she looking good man. that thing going flat rip buddy. how much longer till you will be ready to head to the track?

well since there is snow all over the ground in no big hurry  :lol:

just a little more mechanical stuff then needs to be all wired up

Offline bigturbob12

• Rider
  • 270# Heavy Hitter
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2010, 04:24:40 PM »
Big guys been getting it done lately.....glad to see this thread is busy

My 2011 goals are to win the Super heavy hitters races and get an 8.teen out my bike.

2003 Busa non-cut frame
heads up performance Stage one turbo kit (Mitsubishi 20g Turbo)
Aqua-Mist water injection
450cc injectors tuned with ECU edit by Me
powercommander connected to 3-bar MAP for boost fuel. Tuned by me.

I’m 290 out the shower not sure with leathers on.

I have a stage one setup with FMU and 450cc injectors using boost fuel with a powercommander connected to a 3-bar MAP and use ECU editor to tune off boost on my 03 busa. best pass was 8.39 with 20#'s and i hit rev limit at 1000 foot so it would went quicker. best MPH in the 1/4 173 and in the 1/8 139, my best 60' 1.47. with 11# boost i can get fairly consistent 8.65's.

I can say if you are going to do tuning yourself  get ECU edit!!!!!......I did all R&D and installation of the Powercommander and MAP sensor and tuned the bike on the street and track. AFR stays constant 11.8-12.2 from 11# to 25# boost, with NO secondary’s.

I see a few of you guys are from La I’m assuming you guys may run at NPR? im from opelousas
72" Turbo 2008 Busa
RCC Stage2 Kit
Tuned with ECU Editor

70" Turbo 2003 Busa
Heads up Performance Kit
Mitsubishi 20G turbo
Home built Boost fueling with 450cc injectors
ECU tuning done by me on the strip/street

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »

My 2011 goals are to win the Super heavy hitters races and get an 8.teen out my bike.

2003 Busa non-cut frame

I have a stage one setup with FMU and 450cc injectors using boost fuel with a powercommander connected to a 3-bar MAP and use ECU editor to tune off boost on my 03 busa. best pass was 8.39 with 20#'s and i hit rev limit at 1000 foot so it would went quicker. best MPH in the 1/4 173 and in the 1/8 139, my best 60' 1.47. with 11# boost i can get fairly consistent 8.65's.

I can say if you are going to do tuning yourself  get ECU edit!!!!!......I did all R&D and installation of the Powercommander and MAP sensor and tuned the bike on the street and track. AFR stays constant 11.8-12.2 from 11# to 25# boost, with NO secondary’s.

I see a few of you guys are from La I’m assuming you guys may run at NPR? im from opelousas

damn now you getting it done, shit 290lbs with leathers you over 300. shit i dont have anything for 8.30,s. i live in lacombe la an go to npr some times. they had a heavy hitter race at state capital but i was broke. cant believe you dont have secondareies. :shock:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2010, 04:58:20 PM »
bigturbo12 you dont happen to own a turbo bandit by any chance?

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2010, 10:40:47 PM »

2003 Busa non-cut frame

What you got in the motor cause you aint running 20pds without some internals!!!

Offline bigturbob12

• Rider
  • 270# Heavy Hitter
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
yeah i have that old bandit with the RaJay setup....

Busa has 10.5:1 MTC pistons no spacer and head work two intake cams 110/110 and Carilla rods. All built in the back yard! My buddy NinjaFreak and I do all the work ourselves.
72" Turbo 2008 Busa
RCC Stage2 Kit
Tuned with ECU Editor

70" Turbo 2003 Busa
Heads up Performance Kit
Mitsubishi 20G turbo

Offline bigturbob12

• Rider
  • 270# Heavy Hitter
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2010, 11:01:54 AM »

[/quote]damn now you getting it done, shit 290lbs with leathers you over 300. shit i dont have anything for 8.30,s. i live in lacombe la an go to npr some times. they had a heavy hitter race at state capital but i was broke. cant believe you dont have secondareies. :shock:
[/quote]

Dont need secondaries with big enough injectors and ECU editor..... beleive me it was not easy to tune....i burned about 3 gallons of C-16 and 4 of pump gas just to get the bike to start and idil like a stocker. then a few more gallons doing off boost tuning. dont know if i would do it again like this but it works and can be done.
72" Turbo 2008 Busa
RCC Stage2 Kit
Tuned with ECU Editor

70" Turbo 2003 Busa
Heads up Performance Kit
Mitsubishi 20G turbo

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »

Busa has 10.5:1 MTC pistons no spacer and head work two intake cams 110/110 and Carilla rods. All built in the back yard! My buddy NinjaFreak and I do all the work ourselves.
ok cool i have talked to you a couple timesw about your bandit. i have seen you at hubcity events to in the past. you sure have that busa moving cause you a big dude. i think i seen you run your busa at state capital, sure wish you had some video of you running. im in the process of getting mine fixed but it will just be another stock motor. i hope to see you at future events  :thumb:

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »

ok cool i have talked to you a couple timesw about your bandit. i have seen you at hubcity events to in the past. you sure have that busa moving cause you a big dude. i think i seen you run your busa at state capital, sure wish you had some video of you running. im in the process of getting mine fixed but it will just be another stock motor. i hope to see you at future events  :thumb:

That will include a spacer right???

Offline bigturbob12

• Rider
  • 270# Heavy Hitter
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »
nope no spacer! MTC are 10:5 with the correct deck height. MTC pistons IMO are the best....we are trying CP 9.5:1 pistons on a buddies turbo busa and they DO NOT require a spacer ether.
72" Turbo 2008 Busa
RCC Stage2 Kit
Tuned with ECU Editor

70" Turbo 2003 Busa
Heads up Performance Kit
Mitsubishi 20G turbo

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »
Check...

Offline bigturbob12

• Rider
  • 270# Heavy Hitter
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »
i put a spacer on my bandit 1200 with 10.5:1 pistons to bring it way down because with the carb im tuning was limited and if i boosted 25# or more it might get detenation if it leans out.

on my busa My turbo is only good for about 450-500hp so no need to run super low compresion on it. plus i can tune it way better than my carb draw thru on my bandit.
72" Turbo 2008 Busa
RCC Stage2 Kit
Tuned with ECU Editor

70" Turbo 2003 Busa
Heads up Performance Kit
Mitsubishi 20G turbo