Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen-Mar S223 Risers  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Gen-Mar S223 Risers
« on: December 11, 2010, 05:04:28 AM »
Took delivery of a set yesterday directly from Scott at Gen-Mar.  He was very helpful and they shipped promptly.  My new Silver 09 is still sitting in the garage with exactly ZERO miles on it but I knew I would have to have a set of these.  It has just been too friggin' cold for me to ride since the bike was delivered to me.  The dealer in Charlottesville, Va (Jarman's Sportcycles) was kind enough to deliver it to my front door on a Sunday in an enclosed trailer for 200 bucks extra. That was a 400 mile round trip for them and I appreciated their consideration.

Anybody else run these risers on a Gen II bike?  Mine are going on later today.  Now I am grateful I got the garage heated and insulated earlier this year. 

Hey to Dennis...........it is old Davey.........remember me?  You arm wrestled my son Dylan in your parking lot and you still have my old bike trailer.  I have a new one. 

Dave
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Re: Gen-Mar S223 Risers
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:57:03 PM »
Got them installed today..............minor adjustments of both clutch and brake master cylinders to clear the windshield at full left or right lock to lock.  Also had to remove bolt on the brake line hold down on the front right fork to increase the slack in that line.  Other than that, just had to turn the left headlight/pass switch control box downward just a tad so the pass switch would clear the windshield at full right turn lock.  It was all good.  I drove it around the block and it felt very comfortable compared to the stock bar position.  All the wiring looms have more than enough slack to work without any issues with this unit.  For less than 150 bucks, I consider it a bargain.  I also like the touch that they provided the self locking nuts with the unit.........the stockers were not self-locking.

Now I just need a couple of reasonably warm days to get some saddle time.  It is getting very cold in North Carolina for this time of year.     
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."