Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Info needed Please  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Busa08

• Rider
Info needed Please
« on: December 18, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »
I have a 08 Busa with M4 full exhaust,Pc3 USB ,K&N air filter, Boostbysmith High gain derestrictor, could someone give me some advice on  getting more HP....,,.I thinking bumping up fuel pressure, Cams, headwork Am I thinking in the right direction? How much HP will I gain?  will this be equalivent  power of a 2000-2007 Busa with a  1397 kit??  Or what will it take for me to be equalivent of a 1397 or 1441???  PLZ  Help

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Re: Info needed Please
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »
Unless you are going with a turbo,,, like the old saying goes, nothing replaces cubic displacement. The one thing you have to keep in mind also is that when considering separate components, each piece added does not always reflect a separate addition of horsepower as it might on paper, i.e., Head-work = 20hp, cams = 10hp, etc., etc.

With your 08, you already have a great starting platform to work with to obtain moderate levels if your desire is to stay normally aspirated and not to go with forced induction. What you are thinking is headed in the right direction, but it will all fall down to tuning and how well you tweak everything to work together. You can spend a lot of money time going in one direction when the opposite might have been better and more efficient, yielding more horsepower rather than less.

If I had the Gen II Busa, since you have the desirable crankshaft, I would definitely go with the larger piston kit, properly worked head and camshafts combination,, then spend time tuning and you will have more than a handful of a bike with anywhere in the 210 to 230 range depending on how deep you go.
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח