Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 09 Busa with Brocks Street Meg--------->Question  (Read 3223 times)

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
09 Busa with Brocks Street Meg--------->Question
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »
Just installed a Brocks Street Meg on a 09 Busa.  Of course, the stock O2 sensor doesn't fit as we all know.  Is it safe to run the bike with the exhaust on the bike and no corresponding map installed?  I'm used to Gen1 stuff.  I was told it was OK, but I just don't believe these guys!  I'm told the computer will compensate, but I have a hard time believing that with no O2 sensor to read A/F ratio information.

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: 09 Busa with Brocks Street Meg--------->Question
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:18:09 AM »
You need the PC and plug for the O2 sensor or you'll evenyually hurt it. Mine ran extremely clean / lean without it. I noticed a bung for my O2 sensor under the bike the other day. Not sure if you can use the O2 sensor, but heard that pipe flows to much air for the ECU to compensate without using the editor. ECU editing is another option.

Offline Amode

• Rider
Re: 09 Busa with Brocks Street Meg--------->Question
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »
The computer does not compinsate for shit. its the numbers game it reads the numbers that are in the ECU. The 02 sensor will read at low driveing speeds. You need the 02 for low speed and driveing capabilities. Then you need the ECU numbers game. You need the ECU Editor from Smithabusa.