Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ecueditor.com for K7- gixxers  (Read 72256 times)

Offline FastazzR1

• Rider
Re: ecueditor.com for K7- gixxers
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
so does that mean i could just plug in the gen2 ecu and it might run?
 and what pin do i get the +5v from?

Offline FastazzR1

• Rider
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=99460&p=3&topicID=17007315
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=99460&p=3&topicID=25056186

There are a few pins to move around, also names vary a little for same pins ,  gix wiring diagram with colors may help, suzuki are realy consistant with wire color across there range of bikes very few exceptions

thanx for the diagrams. will be really helpfull.

Offline Birdman

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Rider
    • RC's Performance
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 03:58:15 PM »
2 step worked well on K7 I flashed today :D

To dissable stv, servo and shaft would be great, as I like to remove shaft and bore throttle bodies without throwing FI trouble code. Would you consider offering this feature?

Can ecu models 32920 21H10 be flashed yet?
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

RC's Performance
www.rcsperformanceonline.com/

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 11:44:02 PM »
2 step worked well on K7 I flashed today :D

To dissable stv, servo and shaft would be great, as I like to remove shaft and bore throttle bodies without throwing FI trouble code. Would you consider offering this feature?

Can ecu models 32920 21H10 be flashed yet?

I need a bin fr 21H10 just to check it out - if you could send it to me. I am pretty sure that its very close to 21H00 that is already working.

Disabling stc is currently out of scope as I do not want to promote a feature that looses power and makes bike less driveable. Also then loosing the per gear tuning option. For turbos that could be made, possibly using gen2 hayabusa .bin in gixxer ecu.

Offline Birdman

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Rider
    • RC's Performance
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2011, 08:37:36 AM »
Disabling stc is currently out of scope as I do not want to promote a feature that looses power

PetriK, I remove shaft on our large displacement motors and We definitely see HP gains on dyno. I understand HP driveability issues on street bikes.

Also, how do I retrieve bin. file?
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

RC's Performance

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »
Disabling stc is currently out of scope as I do not want to promote a feature that looses power

PetriK, I remove shaft on our large displacement motors and We definitely see HP gains on dyno. I understand HP driveability issues on street bikes.

Also, how do I retrieve bin. file?

Connect to teh ECU, then under the Falsh heading, click Verify/Read ECU
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline street missile

• New User!
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2011, 09:35:44 AM »
Hi PetriK,

I see you are using visual basic right? sorry if I'm asking stupid question, but i'm new to this.
What compiler do you use to get the program into bytecode for the renesas? I'm used to work with c, and i can only find a c compiler for the mcu.
can you explain a little more on the development environment you are using? do you use the jtag interface for uploading?

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2011, 09:50:34 AM »
Very simple. We use serial protocol to read and write to ecu, the serial protocol is part of ecueditor.com made with visual basic. The ecu firmware is modified with a visual basic code. Add on modules are written with C and embedded to ecu firmware. All this is in bitbucket and available to everyone. To know what to modify in firmware the code is disassembled, the disassemblies are managed by the core development team. Additionally Justin made the autotune module with C that is now incorporated into ecueditor.

Please feel free to join us in the bitbucket and start co-developing the ecueditor.com with us. There is always plenty to do.

Offline Birdman

• SITE SPONSOR
  • Rider
    • RC's Performance
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
Question?  When selecting map switching, when pin 66 wire is complete circuit (grounded) map is MS1?
OFFICIAL SITE SPONSOR

RC's Performance

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2011, 02:18:06 AM »
Question?  When selecting map switching, when pin 66 wire is complete circuit (grounded) map is MS1?

If you have set adv settings ms mode to switchable then grounded is ms0 and open is ms1, or at least it shoild be.

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
I am very interested in hearing what to do on the 1000's.  I used ecu editor all last year on my 09 busa for a/f, nitrous, and air shifter.  looking forward to track opening in a few months to try out some other stuff on the busa and ecu editor.
I have a 06 gsxr 1000 that is a pro street type build without the stand alone.  I just have a microtech with data loging and secondary injectors.  I bought a programing cable for the stock ecu and rom raider.  Bike isn't runing so I have not tried useing it yet.  I was going to use the rom raider to do a few simple things to the stock ecu.
Would be great to be able to put a gen 2 busa ecu in a 05-06 gsxr 1000.  :tu:

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »
I have a 09 busa ecu on a 06 gix loom (on an 01 1k), needed about 15 wires moved in the plug  ,currently have the bike cranking, not firing, but that's with the 2 wire 01 cam sensor,my 07 gix cam sensor i think arrives today ,and i may get time to fit it and see if i can get the bike to run  ,
Currently the editor dash  shows only my temp sensors faulting , there not connected, but it also shows no rpm, which i associate with no proper cam signal , was 1/2 expecting rpm from the crank sensor and a cam sensor fault but i suppose with the 2 wire sensor connected it thinks there is a sensor connected but cannot recognise the signal

Originally i was just going to use the 06 ecu on my 01 to be able to set limiters,injector size ,etc as this bike has an AEM piggyback and otherwise works well
once provan this will transfer to my landspeed 99 750 that is currently running a 01 1k loom and ecu and microtech secondaries
Official Site Donor

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2011, 04:13:55 PM »
cool to hear some one working on some frankenstien stuff.   :hys: :tu:
What triger do you have on the end of the crank?  still the old 01 or did you put a newer 01-06 crank triger on the crank?  Now that I think about it doesn't the busa get the signal from the magneto rotor instead of the crank triger like the 1000?  How is that working?
Are you just going to leave one set of injectors just unpluged if useing 06 loom/gen 2 busa ecu?

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »
I have a 09 busa ecu on a 06 gix loom (on an 01 1k), needed about 15 wires moved in the plug  ,currently have the bike cranking, not firing, but that's with the 2 wire 01 cam sensor,my 07 gix cam sensor i think arrives today ,and i may get time to fit it and see if i can get the bike to run  ,
Currently the editor dash  shows only my temp sensors faulting , there not connected, but it also shows no rpm, which i associate with no proper cam signal , was 1/2 expecting rpm from the crank sensor and a cam sensor fault but i suppose with the 2 wire sensor connected it thinks there is a sensor connected but cannot recognise the signal

Originally i was just going to use the 06 ecu on my 01 to be able to set limiters,injector size ,etc as this bike has an AEM piggyback and otherwise works well
once provan this will transfer to my landspeed 99 750 that is currently running a 01 1k loom and ecu and microtech secondaries

My Gen2 on a Gen1 conversion bike would not run at all without the ECT sensor connected. If you need to, you could just put a resistor on the harness.

I received and installed an offset cam pin today, but have not had a chance to start the bike (or attempt to start it....)
John
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
The 08+ busa uses 24-2 same as 06+gix just it is on the rotor, i am expecting the signal will be correct
yes changed the 01 crank trigger to 06 and have had the bike running as an 06 with the secondary injector map zero'd out and no fault codes
that was the first step  :D
The gix 3 wire sensor should solve the cam sensor issue & my offset pins are on there way in case there needed in my combination
, John how did your rewrite of the stva go ?
Will plug in the coolant sensors and try that  :thumb:, there currently just not in easy reach with the loom draped across the bike
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:59:04 PM by Oz Booster »
Official Site Donor

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
that would be pretty sweet if the 06 crank triger works.  pretty cool about zeroing out the second set of injectors when runing a single set of injectors.  I thought I had a 07 crank triger to look at. I have a 07 1000 engine in the garage with a damaged head, but the cam sensor is removed from the cover.  I didn't think about how the 06 gsxr 1000 is like gen one ecu internals and that the off set crank triger would be needed.
Hopefully it works out great for you.   :thumb:
Then I will have to bug you or someone else on how to put a gen 2 ecu in my  06 1000.  :D
I wonder how much other gen 2 ecu stuff can be figured to work on the 06 1000.  like the wide band o2 sensor and data loging.  Should be able to wire up the o2 sensor and then just put the 5v signal wired or pined into the gen 2 ecu.

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2011, 11:31:40 PM »
No cam, sensor  :(. but thanks to Gixted i have a set of 07 gix cams to compare pin location  :tu:    and in the same mail a full 07  1k loom and 21h60 ecu minus several sensors including the cam
so my options have increased  :D

Yep hope to setup for wideband etc
Official Site Donor

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2011, 06:41:04 AM »
The 08+ busa uses 24-2 same as 06+gix just it is on the rotor, i am expecting the signal will be correct
yes changed the 01 crank trigger to 06 and have had the bike running as an 06 with the secondary injector map zero'd out and no fault codes
that was the first step  :D
The gix 3 wire sensor should solve the cam sensor issue & my offset pins are on there way in case there needed in my combination
, John how did your rewrite of the stva go ?
Will plug in the coolant sensors and try that  :thumb:, there currently just not in easy reach with the loom draped across the bike

I have bot worked on the bike until yesterday to install the cam pin (was waiting on it to arrive). Hope to get some time to get back on it this weekend and try the re-write and recheck the crank and cam pulse sync. I know what you mean by having a wire harness draped all over the bike!

Offline T JONES(JPR)

• Rider
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2011, 04:49:30 PM »
I just brought a 08 gsxr1000 a couple days ago! Im so happy that there is a ecu editor for them, and I can switch maps for nos like my Busa. Thanks to all you guys out there that come up with this incredible technology! I couldnt do this stuff without all of you! :woot:

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 03:23:16 AM »
Back on the 06 gix /08 busa conversion,I brought a hall effect sensor that the local electronics guy said gave the same output as the suzuki 3 wire cam sensor i supplied for testing
made a mount plate up and installed it at the same height as the std 2 wire that came out
the sensor has a led indicator to show when it pulses and this seemed to look good when i fitted it to the bike and cranked it ... but.. i only had a slight kickback and loud exhaust backfire for my efforts  :(.. and when i fired up my laptop to use this morning i was greeted with a black screen and fault type beeps  :evil:, so i can't realy see whats happening till the laptop is back from service
But at least i have something more happening than last time , just have to find the issue and sort it out ..
Official Site Donor

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »
had time to think about it a little , , first i am going to fit the new sensor into my 08 busa and confirm it works with the ecu.
also have to check the  08 rotor relationship to the 06 gix crank trigger , but these will be another day 
Official Site Donor

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »
Should be working but couldn't help myself.. the sender works in the 08 busa , slight kickback trying to start and surge at 3500rpm makes me think my timing is out on the quickly made adaptor even though it looks very close , maybe a slightly different response within the sensor, but it revs cleanly to over 9k free revving and runs and idles with no fault code so i am going to call it good enough to put back on the gix and look closer at timing issues, i have an adjustable timing light and can slot the adaptor bracket hole, so sure i can find the right offset .
Official Site Donor

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
Do you have a 2 channel oscilloscope available? It is a quick way to see if the triggers are in the proper position, at least in relation to each other.

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2011, 10:04:47 PM »
I am always thinking of getting one, but just haven't got around to it,
Official Site Donor

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »
Had so much fun today when dynoing a Gixxer K7 that thought to share some of the feelings ...

<a href="http://ecueditor.hayabusa-riders.de/flash/GixxerK7.flv" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://ecueditor.hayabusa-riders.de/flash/GixxerK7.flv</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=couuvgYLAwk