Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Well it's here 2011 what you got completed thus far???  (Read 32648 times)

Offline boofoo

• Rider
Re: Well it's here 2011 what you got completed thus far???
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »
Got busa up on the stands, and umm that's it. Snow+my dad borrowed my heater = my fat butt sitting in the house with my lil pit puppy instead of in the garage.

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 10:44:52 PM »
Got busa up on the stands, and umm that's it. Snow+my dad borrowed my heater = my fat butt sitting in the house with my lil pit puppy instead of in the garage.
What have you got planned to do???
Getting "Blown" is a hell-of-a drug...STUNNAH...

Offline boofoo

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 05:54:39 PM »
Gotta pull motor, 2nd gear was doing the infamous kicking out, so tranny work. Maybe some motor work, but I really want to go turbo in the next year to 2.
New exhaust, and body work.

Offline BusaBD

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »
Gettin ready to assemble the engine. Mark called @ R&D and my transmission on the brown truck on its way to me.
RCC stage1//best to date
8.90 @ 160 mph /pump fuel

Stage2
8.36@ 174 mph

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »
Gotta pull motor, 2nd gear was doing the infamous kicking out, so tranny work. Maybe some motor work, but I really want to go turbo in the next year to 2.
New exhaust, and body work.
What are you considering as far as the motor???Be sure and get the tranny undercut!!!Are you running a stock exhaust now???Hate to see you buy an exhaust with your plan of going turbo...Is your body work paint or fairing replacement???

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »
Gettin ready to assemble the engine. Mark called @ R&D and my transmission on the brown truck on its way to me.

Looks like your running good now...Also noticed upgrade to stage 2...Is this your current build plan or had you already gone stage 2 and just freshening up the motor???

Offline BusaBD

• Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 04:27:57 PM »
Never got a chance to run in stage 2 trim. Had a unfortunate mishap with the turbo on the dyno(prob my fault). Stage 1 was @ 234hp@7 psi. Stage 2 with c16 fuel being tuned to 20 psi  hopefully high 300's
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:36:44 PM by BusaBD »
RCC stage1//best to date
8.90 @ 160 mph /pump fuel

Stage2
8.36@ 174 mph

Offline boofoo

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »

What are you considering as far as the motor???Be sure and get the tranny undercut!!!Are you running a stock exhaust now???Hate to see you buy an exhaust with your plan of going turbo...Is your body work paint or fairing replacement???
Thinking stock intake cam on exhaust side for now. Yeap planning on sending it to RCperfromance, and getting anything they say I need done done. I got "fast by ferracci" I picked up used hasn't ever fit right and it melted both my lowers. I agree I had buying things I know I ain't going to use over, and since my bike is lowered and stretched I hit even the stock header and crush'em. It was just paint work but now it's replacement stuff.

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 10:35:15 PM »
The cam swap is good for a few hp down low so you'll like that and it can remain with a turbo app...You going with aftermarket fairings or stock???

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 10:38:27 PM »
Finally got of my butt and ran a eletric cord to my storage...Put a little trickle on the battery...Hope I got it before the cold killed it...Otherwise just looking for a few little things to pick up and I'll be good to go...

Offline bigturbob12

• Rider
  • 270# Heavy Hitter
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 08:41:45 AM »
I runn two intake cams i have my set at 110/110 and boy does the bike like to rev. if you keep the number about 106/108 you should get a good all around increase but if you are going to be running a turbo and at the track i would suggest higher numbers....

By the way went out saturday and topped my best time yet......finally got a warm and fuzzy about the multi -stage got some low 1.4 60's and dipped below the 8.5 mark again but this time even quicker. Did this with less than 20# boost. Felt good to have a productive track day and everything run good for not being ran since October.

My buddies bike ran well also he has a 08 naturally aspirated with some minor mods and about 3 inch stretch.....he can get that thing to dip below the 9 sec mark...man the Gen2's run!
72" Turbo 2008 Busa
RCC Stage2 Kit
Tuned with ECU Editor

70" Turbo 2003 Busa
Heads up Performance Kit
Mitsubishi 20G turbo
Home built Boost fueling with 450cc injectors
ECU tuning done by me on the strip/street

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »
Man that's great to go out and begin better than you finished...Hopefully good karma for the year...

Offline c.long

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 04:27:55 PM »
Got parts ordered,cut headlight,clutch pak,wheel stripe kit,got to adjust the shock and before i even attempted to get anything done bam tranny went out in the suburban way to start 2011 huh? but imma bounce back

Offline STUNNAH

• Post Master
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 04:35:32 PM »
Got parts ordered,cut headlight,clutch pak,wheel stripe kit,got to adjust the shock and before i even attempted to get anything done bam tranny went out in the suburban way to start 2011 huh? but imma bounce back

Need anything holla!!!

Offline c.long

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »
you got it :tu: