Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: help with ergos to reach grips easier  (Read 3967 times)

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
help with ergos to reach grips easier
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
Hey all.  My girlfriend is inhereting my 2009 stretched/lowered Busa.  She's 5'9" with a 35" inseam, so she sits on it with no problem.  The problem is I'm 6' and have a good reach to the stock bars, but she has to lean into that more aggressive position to have good control of the bars.
Does anyone know of a similar experience and what mods would help with control and comfort? (she will commute on it a lot also, but no plans to race on it).
I'd hate to spend money/time on heli-bars, solo seat rear cushion, etc. without knowing if it would help.
FYI bike is going to be ridden solo only by her, with the speed hump on. 
Thanks for your input!
2009 Black Busa, +8", lowered, Akro Full exhaust, PC5, custom tune, short geared, etc...    
2008 Custom RCC Turbo Busa (SOLD)
2005 Red/Black  Stock  (SOLD).
2013 BMW X1:  Dinan tuned (DD Cage)

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: help with ergos to reach grips easier
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
I'm thinking helibars, which I've never had,  risers might help some, probably not much. Then there's what the Euro guys do with the old bicycle type bars.

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:44:59 PM »
Hey all.  My girlfriend is inhereting my 2009 stretched/lowered Busa.  She's 5'9" with a 35" inseam, so she sits on it with no problem.  The problem is I'm 6' and have a good reach to the stock bars, but she has to lean into that more aggressive position to have good control of the bars.
Does anyone know of a similar experience and what mods would help with control and comfort? (she will commute on it a lot also, but no plans to race on it).
I'd hate to spend money/time on heli-bars, solo seat rear cushion, etc. without knowing if it would help.
FYI bike is going to be ridden solo only by her, with the speed hump on. 
Thanks for your input!
Try the LSL handel bars.

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
Cool.  Thanks for the advice.
2009 Black Busa, +8", lowered, Akro Full exhaust, PC5, custom tune, short geared, etc...    
2008 Custom RCC Turbo Busa (SOLD)
2005 Red/Black  Stock  (SOLD).
2013 BMW X1:  Dinan tuned (DD Cage)